PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress; Dynamic; new FS2004 unlimited export technology

Lionheart
October 16th, 2010, 10:53
Hey all,

This is some 'work in progress' (rough shots, early work) of the new Dynamic I have been working on. This uses a new technology for exporting high mesh models with super close Vertices which enable you to make super small parts with extreme clarity and precision. In the past, small toggle switches had to be very clunky looking (in FS2004) to keep them from 'auto-welding' together, turning into what resembles crumpled aluminum.

I have been having to 'learn' the process as its new territory, especially for Gmaxer's. The FSDS guys have had this for quite a few months now, perhaps over a year. Adapting it to the Gmax FS2004 system took some time and patience (thanks to PropTrash at FSDeveloper) who was able to find out the similarities of the X files code (which is different in FSDS than Gmax/MakeMDL).

Please note that these are prototype gauge textures. Very very rough, jpg derived. My gauges will be very high resolution when they are done and working. Also, this is taken in FS2004.

Coming soon.....

Bill

Clarke123
October 16th, 2010, 11:17
You call that rough? :icon_eek: I'd be happy with that as it is. Can't wait to see what you call hi-res.

OleBoy
October 16th, 2010, 13:19
Very impressive Bill. It's nice to see someone to take fs2004 models to their extremes of detailing. The Dynamic looks to be getting (if not already) beyond a lot of highly detailed, well done aircraft that were pushed to the limits years ago. Having flown several very admirable freewares taken to that limitation is a limit above most in itself.

It's going to be a pleasure to see what you do with that knowledge as you push your skills beyond those past limited limits :salute:

Lionheart
October 16th, 2010, 15:01
Thanks guys.

One thing that these have showing in them, in the real cockpits, is wires, cables, and fuel lines. I hope to have most of that in this one, in 3D. I had put a couple hanging under the dash of the Skylark and really liked that. In the pictures of Dynamic cockpits, they have tons visible. Hopefully I can replicate that fairly well.

I remember with the Kodiak, using flat polygons (really long ones) to replicate 3D wire, lol.. I had photos of wire, and applied the shaded photos of wire onto the polygons.. This was to keep the poly count down so that it would compile in FS9.

..........not any more... heh heh

:d

Thank you Lord for this new system....

Cag40Navy
October 16th, 2010, 20:55
Look great Mr. Bill! I know, i am going to be shot for asking this but will you make this FSX native too? Ok, shoot me now.

Lionheart
October 17th, 2010, 00:42
Look great Mr. Bill! I know, i am going to be shot for asking this but will you make this FSX native too? Ok, shoot me now.

Absolutely.

The FS9 version will release first, then I'll go about creating the FSX version.

Whats nice is now I can have the exact same mesh for both, not two entirely different models. Just go through and reset animations, new FSX materials, etc..

Wing_Z
October 18th, 2010, 15:54
More credit to you for attempting this, and does look spectacular!

TomSteber
October 18th, 2010, 16:30
If you were running for office, you'd have my vote! WOW!!!!!