PDA

View Full Version : FSX Engine Sound Problem

Richard Stark
November 23rd, 2008, 12:56
When I switch from spot-plane view back to VC or Panel view and then back to Spot view, the engine sound goes from low rpm to high rpm even though the throttle is set for low speed.
If I click on "Q" to stop all sound and then turn sound on again, the problem goes away (until I start a new flight).
A Google search suggests that others have this problem also, but no one seems to have a "fix"
Also, after a flight and engine shut down, I can still hear engine noise in the background. This is particularly noticeable with prop-planes , but the jets do it also.

Anyone have a correction for this one ????

Richard

cheezyflier
November 23rd, 2008, 14:53
mine does that with my carenado 206 and the maam-sim b25. i just goose the throttle.

Mr.Mugel
November 24th, 2008, 07:47
Got that problem on many planes, too, quite disturbing when on approach, when you canīt just push that throttle all way forward, wait for the engine to rev up, and pull it back, solves the problem too (at least till the next view change), but as said, bad during landing....

Would be great if someone has a solution!

Killbilly
November 24th, 2008, 08:09
Alias the sound to another aircraft or download new sounds. I use different sounds for both the Goose and the Carenado C206 (the only two planes in which I've noticed the problem).

Lionheart
November 24th, 2008, 09:15
I get full RPM sound with all planes when starting a new flight. I have to give the plane full throttle for a second to get rid of the high RPM sound. Dont know why.

On yours though, it sounds like FSX isnt handling your sound files properly, intermixing the doplar effects in wrong area's of the sim/viewpoint locations.

Have you considered running the CD Installation Repair? That 'might' get it back in order.

Bill

GypsyBaron
November 24th, 2008, 09:28
I get full RPM sound with all planes when starting a new flight. I have to give the plane full throttle for a second to get rid of the high RPM sound. Dont know why.

On yours though, it sounds like FSX isnt handling your sound files properly, intermixing the doplar effects in wrong area's of the sim/viewpoint locations.

Have you considered running the CD Installation Repair? That 'might' get it back in order.

Bill

Are you using FSUIPC to map axis?

I believe that amapped axis needs to be moved a certain
minimum amount before FSUIPC will update it. This MAY
account for what you are seeing but is by no means
definitive.
Also, I'm not sure what criteria FSX uses to sense axis changes.
I am in the habit of moving my throttle/mixture/prop axis
as soon as a plane loads. This way I can insure that they are set to
wherever I leave them at initially.

Paul

Richard Stark
November 25th, 2008, 10:32
Hi Paul,
I do not use FSUIPC at all. I have another computer running Windows XP and the problem is not there. Only have the problem on the computer that has the VISTA
operating system and FSX has been re-loaded several times on this one.
Problem is not noticeable on all planes at all times. It seems to surface at random, even on third-party add-on aircraft.

Richard