PDA

View Full Version : iPhone or Android?

Lionheart
October 13th, 2010, 14:22
This is a pretty good read. :d

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/the-truth-about-ditching-the-iphone-for-android-535497.html?tickers=aapl,vz,t,mot,msft,goog

iPhone user finally jumps over to Android Incredible and explains all the reasons. Pretty enlightening for all the people who have an iPhone. I didnt know Android had all these things.

n4gix
October 13th, 2010, 14:45
That was an interesting read. It's convinced me that all I really need is my "Stupid Phone" that does one thing: makes it possible to make phone calls!

My "Stupid Phone" has a built-in camera, but with no way to xfer the pictures except via email, which I'm not going to pay US Cellular extra for, makes it essentially useless... :ernae:

OBIO
October 13th, 2010, 15:32
My cell phone is the ultimate...it does not have a personality disorder of any sort. It does not daydream about what it would be like to be a digital camera. It does not fantasize about being a computer. It does not have illusions of grandeur about being a audio/video system. It does not think that it is an X-Box or PS3. It does not pretend to be an e-mail system. It knows that it is a phone...just a simple, solid, dependable, reliable phone. It does one thing and one thing only...make phone calls. Very rarely will it stretch itself out of shape to receive a phone call, but in the 5 years that I have had this phone it has only done that less than a dozen times. It doesn't like receiving phone calls and generally shuts itself off as soon as it finishes making the phone calls that I ask it to make for me. It's a good phone....I think I will keep it.

OBIO

Chacha
October 13th, 2010, 16:36
My cell phone is the ultimate...it does not have a personality disorder of any sort. It does not daydream about what it would be like to be a digital camera. It does not fantasize about being a computer. It does not have illusions of grandeur about being a audio/video system. It does not think that it is an X-Box or PS3. It does not pretend to be an e-mail system. It knows that it is a phone...just a simple, solid, dependable, reliable phone. It does one thing and one thing only...make phone calls. Very rarely will it stretch itself out of shape to receive a phone call, but in the 5 years that I have had this phone it has only done that less than a dozen times. It doesn't like receiving phone calls and generally shuts itself off as soon as it finishes making the phone calls that I ask it to make for me. It's a good phone....I think I will keep it.

OBIO

Obio,

You made me laugh so hard! That's a good one!

I am faithful to one phone....
And that is the phone I have now....

Lionheart
October 13th, 2010, 16:46
I cant say how happy I am with mine. So glad I got it. (iPhone 3Gs). I use it for so many things. The other day, it was my digital 7 megapixel (camera app) camera, taking pictures up north. Last night, it was my boom box in Walmart, listening to tunes. I play Battleship when I have the dogs out in the yard, waiting for them. Also in lines at the grocery store. I watch Andrew Wommack iPod video podcasts on it when I cant sleep at night but dont want to get out of bed. I listen to German live radio stations on it also late at night when I cant sleep. I watch Iron Man on it when I am in the car waiting for a family member to get back in the car from the store. I calculate payments on the calculator app. I used the Maps program to locate and then auto-call parts houses a couple of weeks ago when my car broke down. I use this dang thing for so many uses, be it tools or games. Every now and then, though, I use the phone in it, lol... .

I just got the little thing a nice aluminum silver colored stand that looks like its giant counterpart iMac computer. Looks like a 'mini-me' now on the desk. Also got a air-vent clip-on holder for the dash in the car. (Tired of that goofy windshield mounted thing that hung down into the street view).

Yep.. I like it. I really appreciate it. Its interesting though to see what Android is doing.

<---- technology freak

David_L6
October 13th, 2010, 16:46
I got a cell phone for the first time in 10 years a couple of months ago. I dropped my last one in the lake in the spring of 2000. I got the Motorola Droid X this time. (My son has the HTC Droid Incredible which is basically the same thing.) I never thought that I'd like a "smart phone" as much as I do. Until / unless you try one you won't understand.....

I got another cell phone because AT&T can't seem to get the landlines in my area working when it rains or when it's hot. I got tired of not having a phone due to the weather. The cell phone isn't 100% reliable either but it has a enough pluses that I'm willing to overlook the few minuses. The landline didn't have any pluses - just minuses.

Wing_Z
October 13th, 2010, 18:42
...The other day, it was my digital 7 megapixel (camera app) camera, taking pictures up north...
Bill what app is that?

beana51
October 13th, 2010, 19:20
<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3><HR class=hr width="100%" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Say Hello to my new "telephone!"...got all the great stuff ...Trully "Let Yer Fingers Do The Walking"....Features the traditional Ring!..Sorry no Beethoven's 5th ring!!!....Vin http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2011/12979904/23096569/392321652.jpg <!-- google_ad_section_end --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=windowbg vAlign=bottom align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lionheart
October 14th, 2010, 01:14
Bill what app is that?

Its the '7.0 MPX Camera' App.

Dang thing does really great sunset shots. The newest iOS 4 camera couldnt even do anything close to taking sunset photos.

With the App running, you simply tough 'anywhere' on the screen and it takes the shot. Has some side option programs for it as well.

Wing_Z
October 14th, 2010, 01:28
I'll give it a go, many thanks
EDIT: But have a read here!
http://www.wirefresh.com/iphone-7-0-megapixel-camera-app-review-is-it-worth-it/

kilo delta
October 14th, 2010, 03:33
I've a huge tech fetish and am gadget mad.......yet I've never bought into the iphone,ipad,ipod hype. My phone is just for taking/making calls...don't text as I despise it. If I want to take a photo I'll use my cameras, video ...I'll use my camcorder, email/games/internet ...my notebook. :)

rayrey10
October 14th, 2010, 18:10
I have a Motorola Droid and really like it, but I still want an iPhone. Today I read that Verizon is getting the iPad by the end of the month and I hope that somewhere in the not so distant future the iPhone will come to Verizon.

I've had the Droid for almost year and haven't really gone crazy customizing it. I've downloaded a handful of apps and the only ones I use is a calendar app, an app for my bank, and a text messaging app (Handcent SMS).

I want the iPhone because of the faster internet (potentially with Verizon's network), a pretty good camera for a phone, and I can sync it with my iTunes with no problems.