PDA

View Full Version : ETO Spawn Selctor- files cannot be found? Old story Again!

rcafmad
October 8th, 2010, 10:50
I have been running my uopdated ETO Expansion in 1.40 for about a week. Now I select the spawns mode and get the same message.

Could I solve my problem by deleting the existing Spawns folder in my ETO and replace it with the one from my ETO Backup folder.

Also what mode should the ETO Spawns selector be in? 2 or 3?

My program is Windows 7 64 bits.

HELP

Led Zeppelin
October 9th, 2010, 01:26
what is the message?

PRang
October 9th, 2010, 05:27
Hello

I have the same problem. When I select option 2, it runs thru'. When I play the game; it has spawns all over the place. Anybody else has the same problem? Waiting for the "hofix" maybe that will take care of it.

Led - I have not send you the mission because of that problem; I cannot test it successfully.

Any suggestions

God bless

PRang :kilroy:

Led Zeppelin
October 10th, 2010, 00:06
If you are in no spawn mode, you sould see (air spawn is an exemple):

air.A40al
air.A40ax
air.ETOal
air.ETOax
air.PWal
air.PWax
air.spawns
air.stock

if air.noair or any other files with *.noair extension appear in the spawns folder then, you're not in no spawn mode.

Snaker
October 15th, 2010, 17:04
I think you have to turn off the User Account Control via the security center in the control panel (under other security settings). You have to reboot after you do this. Then you can run the batch file and it should be able to over write the files it needs to.

Note - I am using Vista 32 bit...

-hth

hairyspin
October 16th, 2010, 01:42
Yep, UAC is the likely culprit. Turn the blighter off while changing anything in ETO.