PDA

View Full Version : Scenery for my 'Hawg'

JayKae
October 8th, 2010, 04:52
Hey guys,

Can someone give me some hints where to get some good military scenery, freeware or payware I don't care either way to put my Warthog in, a long time ago I saw some screenshots here that had Hummers and that sort of thing in it but I cannot for the life of me think of how to do a search for something like that, any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

Dag
October 8th, 2010, 05:11
For a legacy Cold War base I enjoy Bentwaters/Woodbridge near Ipswich, UK.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=452

If you want something in the States or in a sandy country, I have no clue.

Kowalski65
October 8th, 2010, 05:18
searching "afghanistan" on flightsim shows quite a few, that site also has Ramstein in Germany

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 09:05
Hey guys,

Can someone give me some hints where to get some good military scenery, freeware or payware I don't care either way to put my Warthog in, a long time ago I saw some screenshots here that had Hummers and that sort of thing in it but I cannot for the life of me think of how to do a search for something like that, any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated :)
Michael Carr did some Iraq bases using his outstanding objects library (all custom objects). Do a search for MCDesigns on flightsim.com.

ZsoltB
October 8th, 2010, 09:10
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8676/81tfw3.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/i/81tfw3.jpg/)

Sundog
October 8th, 2010, 09:18
I use the military airbases that are in the NL2000 freeware package, such as Soesterberg (Sp?). But there a few of other military airbases in the Netherlands in the same package. There's the base the RAF used up north, but my favorite is the Dutch base north of Soesterberg that has the cool fenced in hardstand in the middle of it.

I'll definitely have to get Bentwaters and install it.

Lenny
October 8th, 2010, 10:24
Michael Carr did some Iraq bases using his outstanding objects library (all custom objects). Do a search for MCDesigns on flightsim.com.

Well I do seem to remember that you at some point almost made an nice "stable" (<-Spangdahlem) for an Hog. :wavey: Maybe?...... :kilroy:

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 10:49
Well I do seem to remember that you at some point almost made an nice "stable" (<-Spangdahlem) for an Hog. :wavey: Maybe?...... :kilroy:
Yep, almost. That project was dropped.

Lenny
October 8th, 2010, 11:09
Yep, almost. That project was dropped.

A Pity... remembering the screens, It looked dammm good... Now I don't have the knowledge in scenery building, but if you maybe still have the source of the scenery, maybe someone with time/knowledge could finished it off?....

JayKae
October 8th, 2010, 12:22
Thanks heaps for the suggestions guys !

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 15:30
A Pity... remembering the screens, It looked dammm good... Now I don't have the knowledge in scenery building, but if you maybe still have the source of the scenery, maybe someone with time/knowledge could finished it off?....
It is finished but cannot be released as is due to circumstances beyond my control.:salute:

peter12213
October 8th, 2010, 16:39
I remember I think it was Mike (MCdesigns) doing a photoreal Afghanistan area too, wonder what ever happened to that? I'd love a camp Leatherneck and Bastion area!

Peter SWE
October 9th, 2010, 04:07
I remember I think it was Mike (MCdesigns) doing a photoreal Afghanistan area too, wonder what ever happened to that? I'd love a camp Leatherneck and Bastion area!

That sounds interesting. Gonna look around for that one.

He did an exelent Iraq scenery that are mostly for choppers but there is some stuff for fixed wing to. It's on avsim: mcdfsxiraq.zip

Lionheart
October 9th, 2010, 09:39
Just some reflections on the real Fairchild Tank Buster....

When I was working for Range Rover at a secret test base in Arizona, one of our evening shift test routes took us through the Goldwater Training Range, (where they test the missles, lol). Well, we could watch the A-10's in pairs of two go in and do practice 'strafing runs' on old tank hulls with their giant gattling gun. The jets did an oval pattern, one at each end, diving down at the tank, letting loose of perhaps 1 or 2 bursts. You would see the puff at the nose of the fighter, then the ground had a mini brown mushroom of dirt that rose up like a bomb went off, and then you heard later the sound come accross the desert, a sound that was like a 'biiirrrrrrrp', like a rip sound that got slowly faster. The fighter would pull up and bank around to return to its orignal direction as the next fighter came about for its strafe run.

Really great to watch.

Wild looking fighter. Looks like one tough beast....

Bill

Rattler
October 9th, 2010, 11:53
For a legacy Cold War base I enjoy Bentwaters/Woodbridge near Ipswich, UK.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=452

If you want something in the States or in a sandy country, I have no clue.

Thank you for this Great find Dag!!!:salute::salute::salute: