PDA

View Full Version : I can heartily recommend this Utility

flying_spud
October 8th, 2010, 01:58
:wiggle:I've been using this for a while now;

MK_CFS2_UTILITY ver 1.0 by Morten Krogstad :salute:

It works brilliantly as you can have multiple hangers with just one install - each theatre of war orientated within. If like me your hd is getting kinda full (whose isn't) then this saves a load of space being taken up the same game over and over again - its also a damn sight cheaper than buying a plug in storage drive or something. I've got up to 92 aircraft in each hanger - which was actually quite hard to do, but you can multiply that 5 or 6 times for each hanger if you wanted too.

Unlike some other utilities like "Acman" you don't need to switch planes about before you fly. The hangers stay seperate and instead of shuffling planes around you just select the utility prior to playing and then make the theatre you want Active before starting - and only the planes you want will be in the in-game list - brilliant!

The utility also keeps a running score of the planes in each hanger. Obviously you need to make sure that each hanger has all the cfs2 stock planes in it, unless you manually edit them of course.

BEST OF ALL this also applies to MB - so when that opens up only the planes for the theatre you want to build a mission in actually appear in the pop up list. So you only need one install and one MB!!!
:jump:
I haven't tried his v2 because I don't need too! I also prefer to edit my own QC file.

Seagull V
October 8th, 2010, 14:47
I have the V.2 (program, not missile) installed, under the War Theatre tab there is an option for Quick Combat, which saves work and allows you to get into the business end of CFS2.:gameon:

flying_spud
October 9th, 2010, 02:15
he-he a V2 would be nice - perhaps sticking through the garage roof! :jump:

Does V2 do all the other stuff okay too, I'm especially thinking MB here?

Seagull V
October 9th, 2010, 05:38
I'm still to get involved in doing mission building, at the moment I am upgrading my repaint skills and next in line is plane building, have FSDS & Gmax installed as well as FS Repaint & Custom Panel Designer. Also looking at airfiles. Mission Building would be nice as well, but will leave that for the moment untill I am up & running with the aircraft builds. :running:

With the QC I was looking at the V2 doing the upgrade for the aircraft, then swapping the details around for the mission styles/aircraft that I wanted to use. Don't know if that approach would be of help to anyone else, but it certainly removes the amount of typos/operator errors. Only thing is that once you have updated the qc_plane.qcb file you will need to make another backup file and rename it as well so if you hit the update button in V2 you do not lose all of the work you have done. :banghead:

Ghostrider
October 9th, 2010, 07:05
Morton's Utility is all you need. I've got 330 aircraft and hundreds of ships in my "All-Encompassing CFS2" install. I can fly any and all of them in Free flight, quick combat, single missions, or campaigns. For mission building, I have designated the following "theatres": Early and Late war USN/USMC, and ealy and late war USAAF, (All PTO) so 4 different "Theatres" I can activate for purposes of using the MB. That is the only time I am limited to, it seems 89 aircraft, when using the MB. FF, QC, single and campaign missions don't seem to care how many aircraft I've got. I get the datbase error when starting a flight, but just click through it, and off I go. MB, however, won't start unless I have activated one of those 4 theatres with only 89 aircraft in it. And most of my missions have fewer than 89 aircraft types in them anyway. :wiggle: I'm strictly PTO, but you can extrapolate this out as far as you want with differrent theatres of operations.

Definitely the V2 is the key. Keep it in the backyard, and the neighbors will be very nice to you. :)

Wulf190
October 9th, 2010, 14:18
where do I get this utility? I've been using AC man for the past 10 years.

mariereid
October 9th, 2010, 14:27
Her ya go

Wulf190
October 9th, 2010, 15:33
tanks!

flying_spud
October 10th, 2010, 01:51
Sorry guys - should've made a link for it myself. ...

I can confirm that V2 (not the missile) is even better and it DOES sort all aircraft into QC automatically ! :jump: No more manual editing with all the frustration it occurs, especially if you've got sausage-like fingers like me! MB still works fine too.

Excellent work Morton, the man's a genuis.:salute: Promote him to Wing Leader at once.

I've got N W Europe 1940-41 (RAF, Fr, & Luftwaffe) BoF, BoB & Channel Front).

N W Europe 1942-45 (RAF, USAAC/F & Luftwaffe).

Pacific 1941-45 (USN, USMC, USAAC/F, IJA, IJN & RN.

With il-2 Ultra-Pack 2.01 installed already that's enough for anybody - even me, hmmmn think I might download just one more plane......

vidal
October 10th, 2010, 05:30
It was indeed a very good recommendation. I gave it a try and ... :ernae: it is very useful and simple to use.
Thanks again.:applause:

mariereid
October 10th, 2010, 06:08
Good ol' Morton! I thought ALL he did was fantastic skins and panels. If ya ever get bored, I can't see how that would happen, have a look in the "Utilities" section. Lots of very useful stuff in there!:ernae:

Cees Donker
October 18th, 2010, 00:48
:salute:This is a great utility! Fantastic! No more editing of missions and campaigns by hand!

Cees

Devildog73
October 19th, 2010, 11:03
Morton K is the king as far as I am concerned. He is a master of CFS2 panels as well. If he did a panel for an aircraft I have, I use it in my installs.

If you see something done by Morton, grab it. You will not be disappointed.