PDA

View Full Version : Wonderplane?

Finn
October 3rd, 2010, 12:13
I just finished Rami's wonderful Battle of France, Somme campaign. After trouble with my graphich card this turned out to be a true Rami campaign, a real work of art. Thank you, Rami:salute: However I once again noticed an annoying behaviour by the AHBf109E plane: I hit one with a good burst, it exploded AND THE ENGINE FELL OFF - yet it kept flying, even shooting down one of my squadron mates. Does anybody know how to tell this wonderplane when it is time to call it a day? I might accept a burning plane keeping up the fight, after all the sole VC given during BOB was for such a feat, but flying without the engine.....?
Finn

TARPSBird
October 3rd, 2010, 12:36
Sounds like the 109's dp file does not consider the "break" point for the engine part as fatal damage, so the plane keeps flying. I haven't worked much with that portion of the dp file, you might want to post it here so the dp experts can check it out.

bearcat241
October 3rd, 2010, 13:55
:icon_lol:...Add a fatal explosion FX into the effects sequence of the nose box containing the engine and you get no more funny business. :gameoff:

[EFFECTS.12]
; System = f Nose 2
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_s,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_s,
effect.2=80,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_s,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_fatal_explosion_l,
effect.4=99,LIBRARY,fx_structural_l,
effect.5=100,BREAK,6,

mariereid
October 3rd, 2010, 14:11
Hmm...a couple of days ago I was trying out a F6F. I got both my wings shot off at exactly the same area. (some kind of mirror thing??) I was still able to fly with no problems. I'd like to think it was my great flying skills. :ernae:

I should have tried to land her!

TARPSBird
October 3rd, 2010, 20:55
I don't know how often getting your engine blown off occurred in actual air-to-air combat, but when it happens in CFS2 it gets reeeeeeeeal quiet in the cockpit. I tuck my ham sandwich and thermos into my flight suit and step out - and hope that good ol' CFS2 submarine picks me up. :d

alpha_1
October 3rd, 2010, 21:12
ta tuck yer wee legs in, TB