PDA

View Full Version : 'Does FSX Incorporate Break-Points Or "SCASM-Like" Capabilities?'...

Panther_99FS
November 22nd, 2008, 19:25
For all us CFS-2 veterans...
Remember when breaking wings was latest rage? :d

Well,
For FSX, I'm wondering if it's a possibility for a modeler to incorporate this into an aircraft? Therefore, instead of seeing "Overstressed" and a red bar at the top of the screen, we'd have a wing breaking off and the aircraft tumbling/spinning as it departs control.....:kilroy:

Piglet
November 23rd, 2008, 01:13
Yeah, I remember! Didn't FS9 have damage as a "hidden feature"? Enable "visual_damage" in the .cfg file, and have a model with breaking parts?
I remember waaay back when I made my Lockheed 33 Little Dipper, I made the model like CFS2, with break away parts. It kinda worked....

Tweek
November 23rd, 2008, 01:35
I'm sure it could be possible, much in the same way that some people have used an ejection animation in the past.

JT8D-9A
November 23rd, 2008, 01:37
"visual_damage Setting this flag to 1 enables visual damage (e.g. parts breaking off) to be seen when crashing the aircraft into the scenery. Note: visual damage will only work if it is built into the aircrafts .mdl file. Aircreation582SL( visual_damage=1 )"
Maybe this works only with a crash model (model.cfg)?
I have to crash the Trike...:icon_twi::running:

IanP
November 23rd, 2008, 02:33
The trike just said "crash" when I ran it into a tree not too long ago.

Ian P.

JT8D-9A
November 23rd, 2008, 02:54
It contains no damage textures and its model has no entries for damage textures. That's why i thought about a seperate crash model, which is mentioned in the SDK but not explained:<TABLE class=T1><TBODY><TR><TD>"crash</TD><TD>3D model used if aircraft crashes.</TD><TD>No examples of crash models are available."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

IanP
November 23rd, 2008, 03:10
Sorry! Misunderstood! :redf:

Ian P.

Prowler1111
November 23rd, 2008, 04:17
yes gentlemen, in order to see a "crashed" or "damaged" model you have to create one, FSX, got this feature and itīs not limited to aircraft models, but scenery as well...

Prowler

JT8D-9A
November 23rd, 2008, 04:35
I hope to see this feature in a certain mission pack:jump::d

warbird861
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56
It would be so cool if some developer could make aircraft that includes proper visual damage modeling :jump:

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 11:06
Lord knows I've should've had many 1-winged aircraft instead of just "OVERSTRESSED" .....:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 18:35
Lord knows I've should've had many 1-winged aircraft instead of just "OVERSTRESSED" .....:kilroy:

Need this on over-g....:mixedsmi::kilroy:

MCDesigns
November 24th, 2008, 03:13

.....and no gear, no tail, no prop, no...........:d:costumes:

JT8D-9A
November 24th, 2008, 07:39
Need this on over-g....:mixedsmi::kilroy:
You need to get an electric shock before you overstress your aircraft :173go1:

MudMarine
November 24th, 2008, 08:57
Good Lord, Panther wings would be littering the country side!!:costumes:

noshadez
November 24th, 2008, 21:08
I have sussessfully used a wrapper type code to make an fs98 scenery scasm object to appear in FSX once...several pc crashes later..dont know where my save cd of that is anymore..you can however do this in an FSX mission by (Change aircraft) trigger..It will take a secondary damaged model..You could have the plane on fire,wings and other stuff falling off,crowds on the ground saying "Look out!" you name it--in a mission

jmig
November 25th, 2008, 03:40
This is slightly off subject. However, I don't think the wings should fall off in Panther's OVERSTRESS situation.

The reason is this:
It is too darn easy to overstress a FSx airplane. In real life, you KNOW you are over-stressing. When you see the ground coming at you rapidly just before the tunnel closes and all goes black, you know you over-stressed the airplane.

In FSx you have to look at the G-meter. I rarely ever looked at it during CFM. You can tell by the seat of the pants feel, not to mention the arms, neck, etc. :costumes:

Prowler1111
November 25th, 2008, 04:32
yeah...the key word is "missions"...there is quite a LOT of stuff that can be done using missions..and i mean a :censored: load of stuff!

Prowler