PDA

View Full Version : Using Just Flight's British Airports with other airports

awj112
October 1st, 2010, 14:49
Has anyone been able to successfully use Just Flight's (UK2000 Scenery's) British Airports with other specialized airports? For example, I have the just flight Coningsby and I would rather use it than the one that is part of the airport collection.

I have tried placing the specialized airports above the airport collections in FS 2004 but I can't see a difference; it looks like the Birtish Airport wins out. On the UK 2000 forum there is a suggestion to delete the .afd file but I can't find the proper afd folder.

Any input is appreciated.

Clarke123
October 1st, 2010, 15:12
In your scenery folder look for the BrArpt folder, open it up, look in the region folders, delete everything with the ICAO code for the airport you want to remove, do the same with the afcad folder, job done.

Desert Rat
October 2nd, 2010, 12:33
Also, would advise to back up ratherthan delete, you may change your mind,lol. And again look out for static aircraft BGLs,I have them in the UK2000 iterations, and the statics are done by pack, ie. staticpart3.bgl, etc. Not sure how they are in theJF version, but you may have to sacrifice statics at other airports to loose them from the one you require. I lost them all anyway(the ones that can be removed), prefer AI by far anyway.

Jamie

Clarke123
October 2nd, 2010, 13:02
Also, would advise to back up ratherthan delete, you may change your mind,lol. And again look out for static aircraft BGLs,I have them in the UK2000 iterations, and the statics are done by pack, ie. staticpart3.bgl, etc. Not sure how they are in theJF version, but you may have to sacrifice statics at other airports to loose them from the one you require. I lost them all anyway(the ones that can be removed), prefer AI by far anyway.

Jamie
Yes always backup first :redf: The just flight packs statics are structured differently to the way you describe. They are placed either in the static files folder in the region folders or hidden in one of the other bgl's. As long as you scan the files for the ICAO code you should get everything placed at that airport and the others shouldn't be affected. The only exception I'm aware of are some shared files between RAF Lakeneath and RAF Mildenhall but there may be others.

awj112
October 5th, 2010, 07:47
Thanks all. Deleting all information on the airports was the missing ingredient. I was either deleting the airport .bgl files or the AFCAD but not both.