PDA

View Full Version : Amazing video - 1945 guncam

Paul_Yorks
October 1st, 2010, 12:47
http://videosift.com/video/Japanese-airplane-gun-footage-from-1945

Wow. Figured you chaps might like, sorry if already posted.

Curtis P40
October 1st, 2010, 14:20
Yep, I like. Some of those fellows look like they get alittle close to the power lines and smoke stacks.

Bjoern
October 1st, 2010, 14:26
Nice video with nice background music, but apart from two or three stray clips, this can't be IJAF planes shooting stuff up, especially not 1945.

P.S: Love seeing the rounds bouncing off the ground or targets.

deathfromafar
October 1st, 2010, 14:44
Looking at those clips I'd say it is a montage late in the Pacific War and probably during and after the invasion of Okinawa April to late June of 45. Seeing US fighter sweeps/ground attack over mainland Japan hitting factories, trains/railyards, power stations, from both Navy/Marine Corps & Army Air Corps, it's got to be nearly all at the end. I have a lot of still photos taken from the footage in that video. I've seen the footage before but it is interesting that you always seem to notice new things when you look at it each time.

peter12213
October 1st, 2010, 14:50
Amazing footage in particula. I like the beatch strafe with those two Japanese soldiers legging it for cover!

stansdds
October 2nd, 2010, 03:09
Whoever posted that video mislabeled it. It is definitely not Japanese gun camera footage, but is footage from U.S. aircraft attacking Japanese aircraft and ground targets.