PDA

View Full Version : 69ºF here in Florida! WOOOOO HOOOOO!

Chacha
October 1st, 2010, 05:25
Fall is officially here (in Florida!)
Yesterday I noticed that we have a very light fog....
We have a lake (pond) in our complex, and I saw fog...
Did not pay attention much to it,
It was very light I thought I just need to clean my spectacle.

This morning as I was dropping off my daughter for school,
I noticed it was nice and cool outside.
Never really felt the difference, my house is at 70ºF ac powered!

I checked the Weather Channel and YES,
We have colder weather this week...
Yaaaay

traindriver98
October 1st, 2010, 10:41
I wish. 103 yesterday here in Tucson.

HighGround22
October 1st, 2010, 12:05
Well, up here in "Nose Kosher" (Nova Scotia, Canada), it's pushing 30C, f'goshsakes! Lemme see, that's what? 86F?? Normally, for the first of Oct, it's more like 17C (63F). I think I did the math right, but it's been a long while.

So instead of feeling like it's moving headlong into crisp, cool Autumn, it feels more like the Dog Days of August, out there -- very warm and muggy as a bog! Had to mow the lawn today, and it was thick, green and lush, whereas normally it's slowing down to a crawl and thinning out. My old back lodged an official complaint.

Strange year, weather-wise.

LordAkshay798
October 1st, 2010, 12:12
Yeah, here in West Melbourne, it was 63 degrees Fahrenheit with fog.

Navy Chief
October 1st, 2010, 12:13
It's equally nice here in southeast TN.

I am headed to NAS Pensacola, FL again on Oct. 8th through the 12th, so glad to hear the weather is so nice.

I am really looking forward to this trip, because I'll finally get to see the Blue Angels!!! 20 yrs of active duty in the Navy, and never saw them perform, so I am psyched!!!!

NC

papab
October 1st, 2010, 13:20
In Tampa this AM it was 70.3 ( closer to the water) .....And yes by mid week lows in the mid 60's and highs in the mid 80's...Love it!!!

Rick

Ickie
October 1st, 2010, 13:41
yeah today I had to re-set my carbs for the cooler weather on the old ural, these are seasonal things to do.

Roadburner440
October 1st, 2010, 17:49
I know ChaCha. The weather here in Jacksonville has been outstanding. Good thing too since I have the 150 mile bicycle ride for MS this weekend.. Was really worried about the incoming storm and such, but really looks like it is going to be a great weekend here in North Florida. Might run into you at the airshow in P-cola NC.. Going to the one here at NAS Jacksonville next weekend. Been asking the wife is she thinks it is worth it to go to P-cola for the airshow the weekend after. Looks like they are going to have a lot more ground displays and such than they are having here in Jax. I haven't been to the P-cola airshow since I went through A-school in 2003.

Trans_23
October 2nd, 2010, 14:14
54, cloudy and windy here in the southwestern burbs of Chicago. Feels like 48. :cool: Good day to stay inside and do some flying.

Brian_Gladden
October 2nd, 2010, 20:10
Just checked the thermometer... 34 deg. F. Frost warning tonight. Had to restart the furnace yesterday.