PDA

View Full Version : Beau Broadband Blues

BeauBrummie
September 28th, 2010, 10:54
I ain't got no connection
Talk Talk's let me down again
Please lord save my DSL
I got dem broadband blues

Buggers! They say it should be back on in 24 hours. Meantime I'm nicking time from my wife's laptop/dongle setup. grrr.

BeauBrummie
September 30th, 2010, 06:26
Still off line. They will be calling back tomorrow. rom tomorrow I'll also lose the broadband dongle or the laptop as wifey goes away for the weekend. Let's hope Talk Talk get their act together.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
September 30th, 2010, 08:04
fingers crossed they get you sorted, i know they had there systems down a couple times over a couple days here which at the same time there was a major power cut ... mmmmm. hope your sorted soon matey.

Dave

HouseHobbit
September 30th, 2010, 10:53
I hope that it all get sorted out soon..

BeauBrummie
September 30th, 2010, 12:23
Yes it's aright pain for us all especially now that the kids need it more for their homework, never mind my useage!

hairyspin
September 30th, 2010, 13:05
If it wasn't that your websites are probably bound up with the blighters, I'd say switch ISP. I already have.

BeauBrummie
October 1st, 2010, 04:04
Fortunately all my sites are hosted by 1&1 and my e-mail is with them too. So all I need an ISP or is the actual connection. Truth to tell since TT took over Tiscali UK, they've upped my costs. Then they have their call centre's in India which means in practice there's often a day between call backs when trouble shooting. The last time the problem was their fault it took 10 days to sort it. But having done some research on alternative ISP's I'm finding it difficult to decide. When I look at ISP comparison websites I get told that xxx has a great service. But then I find that it's not available in my area (being rural) or that they can only supply a cut down basic service (thanks Virgin, O2 & Sky). Then factor in bundled packages and its gets muddier. Actually I'm not hugely fussed about the landline as it's not used a great deal.

For the moment I'm paying for a BTFon hotspot pass. I was amazed to find one here.

BeauBrummie
October 4th, 2010, 12:00
Now have an engineer coming out tomorrow they now say there is no exchange fault! I'm also drafting a complaints letter with a view to moving ISP. For if I just swapped they'd hit me with a £200+ cancellation charge! So I need to show their service is very poor to avoid this.

Oh and yes when I got home this aternoon my TalkTalk telphone service isn't working properly either....

Led Zeppelin
October 5th, 2010, 10:33
amazing..... :frown:

BeauBrummie
October 11th, 2010, 08:21
OK this is it. After several tense phone calls with TalkTalk about them not calling me back and then not changing their minds as to the nature of the fault. I called their cancellation line to find out what it entails. I was told that to cancel would incur a cancellation charge of £220+!!! even after years of Tiscali/TalkTalk patronage, because my contract was renewed (unknown to me) in April. I was advised to write to their complaints and ask for the fee to be waived. I agreed to do this. So it was with some surprise to find that two days later I had no telephone service (see above), that an e-mail from their tech services to say that they would not be following up the fault as I'd cancelled the account!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called them back and they were adamant that I'd done so. They further suggested that if I didn't call BT or another service provider "I could have big trouble". So I didn't have a MAC either. So I called the ISP I'd planned to swap to anyway and signed up with Virgin. However as I'd been cut off like this by TT, I'd have to have a new line & telephone number and as they rely on BTOpenreach to do this they couldn't switch me on until the 1st of November...!!!

So I'm on mobile broadband dongle power (which ain't great) until then.

Meantime we're writing to TT seeking compensation for the expense and grief they've put us through.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
October 11th, 2010, 08:54
That doesnt suprise me at all mate, i as with talktalk and they did exactly the same with me and to this day i warn anyone who is looking for an isp to stay clear of them.

Dave

ndicki
October 11th, 2010, 11:07
Sounds worse than France... I still depend on France Telecom for my phone line, but I use an all-inclusive phone and internet package from Free. So FT regularly sabotage the line and blame it on Free, to drive clients back to them. Known problem, but you try and prove it...

Hang in there, Jeff!

hairyspin
October 11th, 2010, 12:14
Gosh, glad I didn't have bother with my Tiscali/TalkTalk connection before switching to BT last month. People we know tried switching from BT to TalkTalk recently :isadizzy: and are last reported phone- and broadband-less. Not to mention somewhat peeved... :mad: