PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Optix
November 22nd, 2008, 15:23
For all you gurus out there.....I've just developed a problem I've never seen or heard of before and it only seems to be affecting CFS2.

Every time I try to load the game it gets to the main page and then comes up with an error message saying it has to close and it names a file "d3dim700.dll " (no quotes) as the culprit. Did a seach and this is a windows system file, if that helps.

The funny thing is everything was working fine and "WHAM" it suddenly started happening. I'm at total loss as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Pen32Win
November 22nd, 2008, 15:29
Have you added anything new as of late? A/C, Ships, scenery?

Buddha13
November 22nd, 2008, 15:40
Hi Optix.
That is a Direct X file.Try reinstalling Direct X.Go to Microsofts web site and look for the latest version of DX for your OS.

Buddha13

Optix
November 22nd, 2008, 20:01
For the quick response, but I gave the 'puter a bit of a rest and things seem to be O.K. Hopefully it was just a hiccup!

To answer your question PenWin, I had just recently installed the latest Solomon's scenery by Maskrider, but had already opened it a few times before the problem surfaced.

Speaking of problems...I am having problems with said scenery of the same nature that Apollo mentioned in an earlier thread. I'm sure I loaded the scenery exactly as per MR's instructions but I seem to have water where land is supposed to be in the same places mentioned by Apollo... Ondongo, Ballale and Stirling. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Mike

Hern07
November 22nd, 2008, 20:31
Yeh, me too. I've had some weird symrtoms that went away after a reboot.

MaskRider
November 22nd, 2008, 20:48
For the quick response, but I gave the 'puter a bit of a rest and things seem to be O.K. Hopefully it was just a hiccup!

To answer your question PenWin, I had just recently installed the latest Solomon's scenery by Maskrider, but had already opened it a few times before the problem surfaced.

Speaking of problems...I am having problems with said scenery of the same nature that Apollo mentioned in an earlier thread. I'm sure I loaded the scenery exactly as per MR's instructions but I seem to have water where land is supposed to be in the same places mentioned by Apollo... Ondongo, Ballale and Stirling. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Mike

If you installed exactly as per instructions then check again and make sure that you:
1. Copied contents of your scenedb/world/texture folder to your main CFS2 texture folder.
2. Placed only the contents of the "Place CONTENTS in Main CFS2 SCENERY Folder" folder into the main CFS2 scenery folder.
3. Dropped the entire MR Solomons folder into your main CFS2 folder and THEN MOVE IT TO OR NEAR THE TOP OF YOUR SCENERY LIBRARY LIST!

My gut on this is that number two(2)is most likely the problem. If not then its the bolded part of 3.

Hope you get it working.

Chris

Optix
November 24th, 2008, 06:06
Just to let you know Chris, turns out it was the bold part of number 3 that was the problem. I had placed the Solomon's scenery higher than all your other scenery in the library but I guess it wanted to be top dog overall.

Thanks again for your help!!

Mike