PDA

View Full Version : Reporters F14 CF18 what's the difference

gigabyte
September 27th, 2010, 04:12
I normally don't comment on our local newspapers stories but I just had to add a comment on this one, the reporter seems to think the F14 and the CF18 are the same aircraft... well OK they both have 2 engines and a pointy end up front...

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1235930

They moderate the comments so who knows if they will allow my comment pointing out the error to see the light of day...lol

cajj1
September 27th, 2010, 04:47
I recall hearing a news story on BBC radio a year or so back. A premature baby was airlifted from a Scottish island to the mainland for hospital treatment. Owing to severe weather it wasn't possible to use the Air Ambulance and the RAF stepped in and took the kid in a Hercules. The BBC radio report referred to a "Hercules Helicopter" :isadizzy:

I want one for FSX.....

Dain Arns
September 27th, 2010, 05:01
I tried really, really hard not to roll my eyes when reading that, but I did anyway... :icon_lol:

wiltzei
September 27th, 2010, 05:06
No news in the truth, no truth in the news.

Reddog
September 27th, 2010, 09:00
is that like, "A twin engine Piper cub has crashed."

pied
September 27th, 2010, 09:03
Or my favorite, many years ago upon a DC-9 crash in north Georgia...

The FAA spokeswoman "Safety was never comprised during this incident"!!!!!

pied

CG_1976
September 27th, 2010, 09:35
CF-188 is also sexier and meaner and deadlier then a Tomkitty:salute:

Bjoern
September 27th, 2010, 11:23
When I was about seven or eight, I had difficulties telling F-14s, F-15s and MiG-29s apart from certain angles.

cajj1
September 27th, 2010, 12:22
Going back to Top Gun, if I remember right Tom Cruise and the others had problems telling Mig-29s from F-5s

Naismith
September 27th, 2010, 12:39
Journalism as a profession, like so many others has been downgraded. They are now purely reporters, the investigative aspect of journalism seems to have disappeared. There are many and various reasons for this, not least the the thirst for instant reporting which is required in this modern world.
Proper investigative journalism costs time and money and not always a "sexy" result. I think it highly unlikely that we could have a newspaper right off a couple of hacks for several months chasing a speculative story these days. Just think about Watergate, would we get the same high standard of reporting today?

Bjoern
September 28th, 2010, 08:55
Going back to Top Gun, if I remember right Tom Cruise and the others had problems telling Mig-29s from F-5s

There weren't any problems, they were simply up against russian copies of the F-5.