PDA

View Full Version : Time to teach the teacher to teach without the rod

OleBoy
September 26th, 2010, 18:14
http://www.educationmaster.org/news/time-teach-teacher-teach-without-rod.html

Jagdflieger
September 26th, 2010, 18:29
The story didn't have a dateline (location), but I'd guess this took place in India by the names in the article.

TARPSBird
September 26th, 2010, 19:39
It's in India. I guess teachers beating students is commonplace there, here in the States the teacher would be in big trouble. In the 1960's I went to Catholic HS with the Jesuit priests and brothers. Our discipline was pretty strict but nobody ever got beat up. Just the occasional friendly rap on the top of your head with a class ring or a spit-shower chewing out. Of course if some kid was dumb enough to smart-mouth one of his teachers he could very well expect to be taken out of the classroom and jacked up against the lockers in the hall. You wouldn't get any sympathy from Mom and Dad if you went home and complained.

jmig
September 27th, 2010, 03:39
It's in India. I guess teachers beating students is commonplace there, here in the States the teacher would be in big trouble. In the 1960's I went to Catholic HS with the Jesuit priests and brothers. Our discipline was pretty strict but nobody ever got beat up. Just the occasional friendly rap on the top of your head with a class ring or a spit-shower chewing out. Of course if some kid was dumb enough to smart-mouth one of his teachers he could very well expect to be taken out of the classroom and jacked up against the lockers in the hall. You wouldn't get any sympathy from Mom and Dad if you went home and complained.

Oh how I hated that. I attended a Christian Brother's school. My experience parallels yours. :jump:
Yes sir, No sir, three bags full sir.