PDA

View Full Version : JetCamVideo: Eglin Air Force Base

Bone
September 26th, 2010, 15:43
While some guys were dealing with an emergency landing yesterday evening, I was hanging out doing the fun stuff.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/BonesFlightBag/JetCamVideo/th_EglinAFB.jpg (http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/BonesFlightBag/JetCamVideo/?action=view&current=EglinAFB.mp4)

Bjoern
September 27th, 2010, 11:16
Perfect weather for photos. :cool:

mfitch
September 27th, 2010, 12:45
Once again this was fun to watch. The last F-15 flew out of the local base last week. We have only F-22's now (referencing fighters).

Curtis P40
September 27th, 2010, 14:21
I can't believe the great view you have out of the cockpit, but dang, I keep hitting my Hat switch to pan around. :applause:

Bone
September 27th, 2010, 15:06
Once again this was fun to watch. The last F-15 flew out of the local base last week. We have only F-22's now (referencing fighters).

Eglin still has A-10's, F-16's and F-15's that fly with the Operational Test (OT) squadron on the east ramp. The 33rd FW is vacant, and waiting for the F-35.

mfitch
September 28th, 2010, 13:32
I keep hitting my Hat switch to pan around. :applause:

Since I started using TrackIR, I wonder why images don't change when my head turns.

When the F-35's come in, I would love to see new video. None will be stationed up here. Does anyone know when they will start showing up at bases?

Mithrin
September 29th, 2010, 02:15
Thanks, really enjoyed watching it and will have to go through all the other ones now!:cool:

Bone
September 29th, 2010, 05:18
Thanks, really enjoyed watching it and will have to go through all the other ones now!:cool:

Thanks Eric. My video's will never be as good as your flight sim videos, which I've always enjoyed watching.

Since flying is the priority, the camera is always just going to be along for the ride. Please forgive all the shakes, bumps, and composition issues.

Brian_Gladden
September 29th, 2010, 05:21
Since I started using TrackIR, I wonder why images don't change when my head turns.

When the F-35's come in, I would love to see new video. None will be stationed up here. Does anyone know when they will start showing up at bases?

Be a while yet. Eglin will be first after Edwards (USAF) for weapons evaluation. And Pax River for the Navy/Marine versions.

Looks like Luke is getting some and the VT Air Guard will be swapping their F-16's for F-35's sometime around 2013-14 time frame.

A co-worker's roommate just joined the Air Guard as an aircraft tech. After basic and tech school. He'll only have a couple of years max on the 16's before he'll have to go to 35 school.