PDA

View Full Version : FSX reinstall........grrrrrr

Seaking055
November 22nd, 2008, 12:29
After getting the worse trojan I had ever seen it was time for a complete reformat on both drives......my that was fun.

Just getting in FSX again now.......lost all my fsx.cfg with all the tweaks of a couple of years, so time to get it all going again now lol.

Got a ton of reading to do to get it all back the way I had it.

Thanks..........just venting.

harleyman
November 22nd, 2008, 12:35
You had no copies of your config????? Man,,Thats harsh.......Wheh I get mine all set and going good I backup everything in several places....

Thats a bunch of :bs: (new smiley and I had to use it):costumes::costumes:

spotlope
November 22nd, 2008, 12:37
I just went through a full reinstall last week. The upside is that my FSX performance has never been better. I'm having too much fun flying around at 30fps with nearly everything maxed out now. Fingers crossed you get a similar result! :icon_lol:

Seaking055
November 22nd, 2008, 12:45
yup, accel is going in now, then nhancer to set the sim up nicely, then I'll have a look see, then start putting in all the tweaks again in the cfg then find all the addons and get those in.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

Seaking055
November 22nd, 2008, 16:31
I just went through a full reinstall last week. The upside is that my FSX performance has never been better. I'm having too much fun flying around at 30fps with nearly everything maxed out now. Fingers crossed you get a similar result! :icon_lol:

Yep I have to admit, the sim is looking awesome now, found an old cfg file copied over the settigns, flying smooth as silk at set fps of 30, now to get all the scenery back in when I find them all, my office floor is covered in dvd's at the moment. Remembered my settings in Nhancer..........not a blip anywhere.

SpaceWeevil
November 23rd, 2008, 01:36
Yep I have to admit, the sim is looking awesome now, found an old cfg file copied over the settigns, flying smooth as silk at set fps of 30, now to get all the scenery back in when I find them all, my office floor is covered in dvd's at the moment. Remembered my settings in Nhancer..........not a blip anywhere.

Sorry, your OFFICE floor? Now that's my kind of job....

Seaking055
November 23rd, 2008, 05:33
Sorry, your OFFICE floor? Now that's my kind of job....

Yup guess I'm lucky I work from home full time so my second bedroom is my home office.

I have to admit FSX is looking much better than it did before my crash, getting a nice steady 28-30 fps even over a loaded airport. Still tweaking the cfg file though. Most of the settings are all the way over to the right so I'm getting there.