PDA

View Full Version : Having more problems with CFS2 on new pc

bobhegf
September 23rd, 2010, 11:37
I am having problems being able to fly some of the new aircraft we have. I keep getting an aircraft initialization failure on thies aircraft. Daves Stearman no dp file, D-18 wheeled passanger,Beechcraft AT-11 Kansas,FDG_C47_ Cargo as well as afew others. Can anyone help. I can put all of them on my old pc running win98se and the all work but when I put them on the new one runninf Vista they don`t.

mariereid
September 23rd, 2010, 12:36
Hi Bob, not much help, but I have that C-47 on one of my installs and it seems fine. I have Vista 64. I do have a lot of problems with some of the rear views of planes like Douglas A-24 and quite a few others with rear gunners.:ernae:

Devildog73
September 23rd, 2010, 13:45
Bob,
I don't have any problems under Vista, but am experiencing some under Windows 7.

Do you have your User Account Control (UAC) turned off? If not, go into the security center and turn it off. It will continue to tell you to turn it back on, but you just keep telling it no.

Also, you can right click on the CFS2 icon and tell it to run under XP SP3 in the properties/compatability. Also in there under security, make sure you have full control over all.

This should take care of some of the problems under Vista. The other thing is to install it "CUSTOM" and place it in another folder other than "Program Files (X86)"
Lee

bobhegf
September 23rd, 2010, 20:52
Fellows,I am running Vista 32 bit if that helps any. I think it is a problem with the aircraft.Sure wish someone could take a look.

bobhegf
September 24th, 2010, 05:56
Fellows I am thinking about leaving CFS2 and simming all togeather. I have tried everything I know to get thies new conversions to work but none of them will as well as some of the old ones on my new pc.They do work on the old one but my frame rates are so low I can`t fly them unless I want a slide show. I have found most don`t have a DP file and there are some other things that don`t match up. I tried to correct some of thies problems but no go.I would like thoes that made the conversions to go back over there work and help if they can.

mariereid
September 24th, 2010, 07:27
Whoa, dont talk like that bud! Bob, you will get used to Vista. I am plain awful with pc, but I have not yet run into a plane that will not at least fly. There is something you are missing or just overlooking. I'm sure some of the senior guys or some wizz kid, will help figure this out. Hang in there dude.:salute::ernae:

Dirtman
September 24th, 2010, 11:34
Fellows I am thinking about leaving CFS2 and simming all together.

Bob; Yer just frustrated .... relax Bro ... have a beer or 20

I have tried everything I know to get these new conversions to work but none of them will as well as some of the old ones on my new pc. They do work on the old one but my frame rates are so low I can`t fly them unless I want a slide show. I have found most don`t have a DP file and there are some other things that don`t match up. I tried to correct some of thies problems but no go.I would like thoes that made the conversions to go back over there work and help if they can.

If the planes ran fine on the old PC then it's a hardware issue on the new PC

Looks like you're in the market for a video card. The on-board GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is overloaded .. it just can't process the video data quickly enough. Perhaps your video drivers need to be updated too?

If you already have a video card ... make sure the fan on it is spinning (pop the side off the PC to have a look) ... it could be stuck - a common problem that usually burns out a vid card. At the very least the card will overheat & not perform well.

DO NOT JUST LISTEN FOR IT! There are at least 2 other fans running inside.

Or if yer lazy (like me) ... programs like Everest, GPuZ & Speccy will display the GPU temperature. The latter two apps are freeware. Find them at filehippo.com

50C is fine. 60C is hot, but acceptable. Above 65C - YOU GOT A PROBLEM

For now; go into CFS2 setting & lower the "Image Quality" slider to half way. Retest & check your framerates. You will see an improvement. If the stutter continues; move the slider to a lower setting.

Also: run: dxdiag - see if there is actually a vid related problem & it will also tell you the GPU size in MB so then you can judge what level of performance to expect from it.

Report back with the info you find.

bobhegf
September 24th, 2010, 18:07
It seems that all but about 8 third party aircraft run fine.One or two I fixed, they needed a DP file.There are two others that need DP files but thies someone is going to have to do because there are none that match. One is Daves Stearman.The one that gets me is the D18s passanger aircraft. There is somthing there but I just can`t find it.

erufle
September 25th, 2010, 06:01
Do what I do Bob. Get a teenager to help you out. I use my 12-year-old as a tech person and we are about ready to upgrade to Windows7. The kid goes to Catholic school and they are offering us the upgrade software plus Office 2010 for $50! I know there will be issues. I may even have him help me partition the drive so I can put an old copy of XP on the laptop. Another option I have is to use one of my students. These guys are all juvenile offenders who cannot afford their own computer but can hack their way around our $70 an hour tech guy's filters at will. One way or another I'll get it done.

Devildog73
September 25th, 2010, 06:19
erufle, ABSOLUTELY keep an install of XP on your system for CFS2 work!

I have Vista 32 bit on my big PC on one HD and XP on the other HD.

I have Windows 7X64 bit on my laptop on one HD and XP on the other HD.

The UAC on Vista and Win 7 are a PAIN, even when turned off on Vista. Haven't figured out how to turn it off in 7 yet.

Case in point: I have Paul Hauschildt's DCG utilities installed to add runways and check and fix other issues with several installs. Works great under XP. In Vista and 7 both, it runs but when it gets ready to "fix" any errors Vista and Win 7 stop it from making any changes even with UAC turned off in Vista. I have also made CFS2 programs run under my Administrator account so that changes SHOULD be authorized.

Paul made several really great tools in this package. I hope he is still around and working in CFS2 to make his tools work under Vista and Windows 7.

alpha_1
September 25th, 2010, 08:52
DD, how do you get this program to point to a specific install?