PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Caravan Service Pack

monk1
September 22nd, 2010, 14:50
Just came out today. Anyone with the model try it yet? Any feedback?

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/links.php3

mjrhealth
September 22nd, 2010, 18:40
It was probably the same tweaks posted on avsim, it they are it should be an improvement. Will try later

imn2sims
September 22nd, 2010, 19:07
I've tried it and I like it much better. Can't say whether it's more accurate to the actual aircraft, but now it seems more reasonable. Before it seemed like you were always on the edge of damaging the engine. Now you can cruise quite happily well in the green areas of the gauges well out of the white arc on the airspeed indicator. Also, doesn't drop like a rock at lower power settings.

Steve

Aviator32
September 23rd, 2010, 10:08
The flight model is definitely much improved but it still takes an uncomfortably long time to load the aircraft from the selection screen. I don't know why this would be the case but I don't like it!

spotlope
September 23rd, 2010, 10:30
The flight model is definitely much improved but it still takes an uncomfortably long time to load the aircraft from the selection screen. I don't know why this would be the case but I don't like it!

The long loading time was the case before the patch as well, at least for me. It's still under a minute, but definitely longer than for most other planes. It's as if the sim is searching for something it can't find or activating a gauge that takes a long time to spool up.

monk1
September 23rd, 2010, 10:37

It takes longer to load on my machine than the other models I have, maybe it's because of the huge textures. But once loaded I get great frame rates so it's a minor irritation.

It sounds like the patch builds on some of the tweaks already done and posted on the Carenado forum at avsim. I think I'm going to load it up...after backing up the original air and cfg files of course.

Aviator32
September 23rd, 2010, 10:49
It takes longer to load on my machine than the other models I have, maybe it's because of the huge textures. But once loaded I get great frame rates so it's a minor irritation.

It sounds like the patch builds on some of the tweaks already done and posted on the Carenado forum at avsim. I think I'm going to load it up...after backing up the original air and cfg files of course.

If you 'install' into a new folder somewhere rather than straight into FSX you will see that the aircraft cfg, the air file and the GCCB cab gauge are all new. I was hoping that the gauge had been revised to deal with the slow loading time but it must have been updated to address another issue. I have other addons with huge texture files and they still load instantly. I'm sure it's related to loading one of the gauges.