PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a F-101 and F-102

OBIO
November 22nd, 2008, 07:20
I am looking for decent freeware F-101 and F-102 models, that can be converted to CFS2. Ito has done both birds...but his policy is no conversions. Alpha Sim has a payware F-101 package....but again, being payware prohibits conversion and uploading. Have found older versions of these planes, from FS98/FS2000, but they are in the old AF99 style and very very rough by the standards of even 5 years ago.....ugly comes to mind.

Anyone know of any decent, freeware versions of these planes?

OBIO

falcon409
November 22nd, 2008, 11:36
To my knowledge, Ito San is the only one to ever do an F-102 and the Voodoo, again as far as I know was only done by AS. You're best bet would be to go to flightsim.com and Avsim and do searches for these airplanes to see if anyone else has produced a model suitable for your application. My best guess though is that you won't find any.

ian elliot
November 22nd, 2008, 11:43
I belive there's an old Alphasim freeware F-102 in the SOH library, it was for FS2002, i remember trying it in 2004 and it show'd up but with the canopy missing but it should work in CFS2.
Ooops, got it wrong, its a 106 rather than a 102
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=4302
cheers ian

OBIO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:45
Thanks for the reply gents....I feared that my search was in vain. I have been to AVsim and Flightsim and all I could find were the Ito and old Alpha Sim planes. I was hoping that you Civil Simmers would know of other models.

I have the Alpha Sim F-106 in the shop for upgrading...new skins, 2D panel, VC gauges. It should be zooming through the clouds soon.

OBIO