PDA

View Full Version : ATC 'Line up and wait'

Felixthreeone
September 19th, 2010, 04:56
As of September 30th, the ATC in the USA will no longer use the 'position and hold' instructions for aircraft taking the active runway. Instead, they will be adopting the internationally used 'line up and wait' instruction.

...Does anyone know how to get that command to work in editvoicepack for the FAA phraseology?

It already exists in the atc library, but only if you select the 'ICAO' standard. I would like to change just this one command line, to be used by the FAA phraseology set, without having to switch over to the other standard...

Any help would be appreciated since it has been a while that I have worked with the phrases and such....

Sunny9850
September 19th, 2010, 18:57
As of September 30th, the ATC in the USA will no longer use the 'position and hold' instructions for aircraft taking the active runway. Instead, they will be adopting the internationally used 'line up and wait' instruction.

...Does anyone know how to get that command to work in editvoicepack for the FAA phraseology?

It already exists in the atc library, but only if you select the 'ICAO' standard. I would like to change just this one command line, to be used by the FAA phraseology set, without having to switch over to the other standard...

Any help would be appreciated since it has been a while that I have worked with the phrases and such....

Not sure if this works or not but if the phrase itself is already there could you possibly simply take the "line-up-and-wait" phrase and rename it so it matches the "position and hold" file name ???

I my real flying I could have done without this change...and from what I hear I am not alone with that.

Stefan

Felixthreeone
September 20th, 2010, 02:34
Thanks, Stefan...actually, i figured it out. In editvoicepack there is a line under 'custom modifications' and 'phraseology' that apparently contained the change already. Not sure how, or why, but all I had to do was chek the tick box next to it, and update voicepack. Now it works, but I notice that ATC says 'line up and wait', and the aircraft say 'position and hold' lol!