PDA

View Full Version : How do payware developers put ground traffic in FS9??

Sid2008
September 16th, 2010, 09:24
I was wondering if it is possible for stupid me to learn to install some ground traffic in FS9. Anybody know how it can be done?
Sid

Lionheart
September 16th, 2010, 10:45
I would like to know this as well. I have a couple of nice airport sceneries that have fabulous ground traffic. It would be interesting to know how its done. Aerosoft is one of the groups that has ground traffic. I'll have to find out what that airport is that I have that has brilliant ground traffic.

Bill

aardvark62
September 16th, 2010, 11:16
I would like to know this as well. I have a couple of nice airport sceneries that have fabulous ground traffic. It would be interesting to know how its done. Aerosoft is one of the groups that has ground traffic. I'll have to find out what that airport is that I have that has brilliant ground traffic.

Most of their latest German airports have it, and on some of the external perimiter roads the traffic even responds to changing traffic lights. Incredible - at times I've just sat near a fence watching the traffic for ages. Should really get a life...

A.

Wing_Z
September 16th, 2010, 12:14
Generally, called AES Lite, produced by Oliver Pabst who also does payware AES addon apron traffic for many airports.

At Aerosoft's Gibraltar, which famously has the main drag crossing the runway, you could spend some quality time just taxiing up and down to see the lights change, booms come down, and all those trucks and cars waiting for you to finish up ;)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/GibraltarVehicles.jpg

Since Oli produces this stuff for a living, I'd reckon it's not all that easy to do.

Francois
September 17th, 2010, 10:24
Hmmmmm... he doesn't do it for a living actually, more like for some nice pocket money next to his real job. He DOES put in an extraordinary amount of time though, that's for sure :-)

Lionheart
September 17th, 2010, 16:10
Great screenshot!

Goodness that is an immense amount of detail.........

falcon409
September 18th, 2010, 09:43
Before Lago self destructed, their FSSE program would allow you to lay "tracks" for vehicle traffic as well as aircraft. I spent hours one day, actually setting up an AI track for an airplane to take off. . .do a closed circuit and land again. I also had airport vehicles that moved around the airport at random times. It was pretty innovative for it's time. As far as I know though it was never developed or refined beyond that point.

fnkybnch
September 18th, 2010, 11:39
Sid,

Take a look at the MAIW Nellis AFB package. It has HUMV's cruising around the base.

www.militaryaiworks.com (http://www.militaryaiworks.com)

Mark