PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain install released

Pat Pattle
September 14th, 2010, 21:51
It's up!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1363-the-battle-of-britain-for-cfs3/

Thanks to Jay Kae and Aussiex for hosting!

Requires a stock cfs3 install patched to 3.1a. Instructions and self-installer included.
This is a wip with some features still in the early stages such as the UI screens.
Please read the install and credits notes. :)

This has been brought together as a community project including work by many of the talented folks around here, it's yours to use, mod and add to. Any comments suggestions and contributions very welcome!

September 15th 1940
In rememberence of all those who fought and participated on both sides during the battle.

NSS
September 14th, 2010, 22:50
Thanks.

Downloading now. Maybe this will help me get my CFS3 mojo back.:wiggle:

ndicki
September 14th, 2010, 23:17
Cheers, Clive! Off to pick it up.

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 00:14
I'll definitely have to grab this after watching First Light on BBC2 last night.

italflyer
September 15th, 2010, 01:36
great news!

Thanks a lot

cheers

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 02:12
I have it, installed and flew it. Tally Ho Chaps!

Well done Clive and the team! I like it a lot.

I love what you've done with the UI screens, and what you've done with the menus. I took up a Spit and flew one of Hobbits missions. I got one Jerry before I had to bail out. I'm impressed that you managed to get it out for today.

Hurrah!

Now I'll go and fly it again.

lewis11777
September 15th, 2010, 02:40
Clive can you give us some of the high lights, new bases, planes, buildings, effects, etc.

Pat Pattle
September 15th, 2010, 03:32
Clive can you give us some of the high lights, new bases, planes, buildings, effects, etc

Hi Lewis, The biggest difference is in the photo scenery and UI at the moment, The aircraft included aren't new models but have been put together especially for this with a few tweaks added in. Effects are mainly stock. Airfields and buildings are existing items but again, tweaked to suit.

It's far from finished, we wanted to get something out for today, it being Battle of Britain Day over here.

Future work will focus on the UI and getting the content tailored for the period. Sort of like how OFF started I suppose. There's a few new ideas in the pipeline too, like the radio chatter, which will hopefully make it a little different. Top of the want list at present is to get a campaign(s) sorted.

Led Zeppelin
September 15th, 2010, 03:41
thanks, I'll download it this evening!

wsmwsm
September 15th, 2010, 04:31
Thanks for this new addition. Installed and works fine.

One question though. I used Method A to install, e.i., I created an entirely new copy of the "vanilla" CFS3 install, then ran BoB. I cannot locate any CFS3 BoB files in either the App Data or Documents folders. Should there be?

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 05:22
Did you use Martin Wright's CFS3 multi install tool? This will build those extra folders for you. You do have to manually create a copy of vanilla CFS3, rename it. Then put the tool inside the new install folder and then use it to create the new folders in App Data and Documents. You can get MultiCFS3 from http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/beta.htm#MultiCFS3

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 05:25

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 05:28
more often I did this...

however you can see from this hieght how great the landscape looks

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 05:29
a few more...

Pat Pattle
September 15th, 2010, 06:06
One question though. I used Method A to install, e.i., I created an entirely new copy of the "vanilla" CFS3 install, then ran BoB. I cannot locate any CFS3 BoB files in either the App Data or Documents folders. Should there be?

I'm at work at the mo so can't check, but I thought that the multi-install tool was included and referenced in the readme...or have I forgotten to stick it in?

Nice pics Jeff!

BeauBrummie
September 15th, 2010, 08:23
Mmm this is very blue for the North Sea, what do others think?

flyer01
September 15th, 2010, 09:16
Pat, Can't wait to load this.:jump:
Have you posted this on the other forums or The NewsHawks?

There are PC pilots that fly all the M$ sims that do not always look at this forum.

Thank You,

flyer01

Stickshaker
September 15th, 2010, 09:24
Downloading now! Thanks for all your hard work Clive!

wsmwsm
September 15th, 2010, 10:07
I'm at work at the mo so can't check, but I thought that the multi-install tool was included and referenced in the readme...or have I forgotten to stick it in?

Nice pics Jeff!

It is. And I used it as instructed. But the files don't exist.

ndicki
September 15th, 2010, 10:08
It is. And I used it as instructed. But the files don't exist.

Are your hidden files visible? And have you RUN the install? If you haven't, the files won't have been created.

Led Zeppelin
September 15th, 2010, 10:12
I'm in the installation process.

In the readme, it's mentioned: "a revised quick-combat set up".
I'm really curious and interested by this. what have you changed, which setups can be modified?

Yes. I'll see thins once it's installed.

ndicki
September 15th, 2010, 10:16

Aye, lad, last time I were at Whitby, it din't look like that!

wsmwsm
September 15th, 2010, 12:09
Are your hidden files visible? And have you RUN the install? If you haven't, the files won't have been created.

I feel foolish. I now realise I mistyped the install name - twice - into the multi-install box. I've corrected that and the Documents and App Data folders contain the usual files.

Thanks.

Stickshaker
September 15th, 2010, 13:09
Clive, how important is it to start with a ‘vanilla’ CFS3 install? I have CFS3 with, for example, the Just Flight Battle of Britain add-on and some other scenery modifications. Is it a problem to use this for your BoB install? I am willing to simply try, but feel a bit apprehensive. Am I the only one?

Thanks for your help,

Stickshaker

HouseHobbit
September 15th, 2010, 14:06
more often I did this...

however you can see from this hieght how great the landscape looks

Yea me too..:jump:

Bloody Hurricanes just seem to quit flying after a few Hits..
I don't know how you all survived the BOB flying these things..:icon_lol:
OPPS.. :icon_lol:

I think the hurricane is a good bird, Not as good as a Bf 109, But great for shooting down bombers..:salute:
As long as you don't get too close..:jump:

loverboy1
September 15th, 2010, 18:01
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

all i can say is great work...the missions 'HH'= HOBBIT has added are soooooooooo touching and

add what is needed some realism and colour filled skys ......lol

eto is and has done excellent updates and patches this addon has alot of future development and hoping can be worked in a standalone formed out of the team

hobbit keep making the missions and great addition to the anniversary for bob

someone asked about the water colour ans texture ... im prefer eto version

the thing i feel can be a great touch is there is more voice chatter , thats for me a real feel good addon

many tks for the developer and adding attention to this era im sure will bring good things

hoping grizzey ion his 1.40 update for eto hasd some bobs stuff in it .......

i love

battle of britain era ************

thanks to all

nowe we wait for flyer1 to add his winning video work on some of the missions

weeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ndicki
September 15th, 2010, 20:26
What's Clive's BoB got to do with ETO?

Pat Pattle
September 15th, 2010, 21:38
Clive, how important is it to start with a ‘vanilla’ CFS3 install? I have CFS3 with, for example, the Just Flight Battle of Britain add-on and some other scenery modifications. Is it a problem to use this for your BoB install? I am willing to simply try, but feel a bit apprehensive. Am I the only one?

To be honest, I don't know what would happen. This install will overwrite the stock scenery, global layer, qclocations and the effects and sounds xml plus a few other files for the UI and dialogue screens. If the JF BoB addon does the same then you may lose something. If you look in your current install what are the dates that the effects and sounds.xml files were created? They should be 2002 or 2003.

Everything else is just added so will be compatible. If in doubt back up these files first.

Assets folder
Global Layer folder
qclocations.xml
effects.xml
sounds.xml

The sea is stock Jeff. There are a few variations available in the SoH archive or on Simviation if it bothers you. It was something that I was going to mess with for the next revision. :)

What's Clive's BoB got to do with ETO?

I think Joshua means that there are extra BoB era bits in the next revision of ETO, they're nowt to do with this install though.

Old Tiger
September 16th, 2010, 07:54
:wavey:Hey guys is this the right procedure for installing Clives BoB
Vanilla CFS3 patched to 3.1a
Make copy of CFS3.1
Put MWs MultiCFS3.exe in CFS3.1 copy
Run MultiCFS3.exe
Rename copy ‘ Combat Flight Simulator BoB’
Run BoB installer, target this copy.

Am I doing this right? I aint as bright as I once was.:confused:
Thanx a bunch:salute:

loverboy1
September 16th, 2010, 08:44
yes i did and works if im reading right .....

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa

i love my life wish the wife loved me the same, as i love the game ,

lb

Pat Pattle
September 16th, 2010, 09:58
Hi Old Tiger,

Almost, but in the wrong order, although it should still work that way.
The mulitcfs3 is in the installer btw.

One of the first things I learnt as a young engineer was an acronym.....****....first word is read, the last is manual, folks can guess the rest :icon_lol:

This is from the readme:

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Install CFS3 to a location of your choice (the default location is C:\Programme files\Microsoft Games\ Combat Flight Simulator 3).

2) Apply the 2 updates to take it to version 3.1a
These updates can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/CombatFS3/downloads.aspx

3) You now have a choice!
Method A (preferred) - Make a copy of the complete CFS3 install (this process may take some time) then rename it to 'Combat Flight Simulator BoB'
Run the auto-installer and make the destination directory the copy you have just made. By doing this you will still have a stock install as well as the BoB one.
Method B - Run the auto-installer and let it write the BoB files to your stock install. This will overwrite many of the stock files and may adversley affect the game if you subsequently install other addons.

4) Open the Combat Flight Simulator BoB directory and in it you will find 'MultiCFS3.exe'. Double click on it and in the "current user folder" box change
"Combat Flight Simulator 3.0" to "Combat Flight Simulator BoB" and click on "Accept".

5) Installation complete!

Cheers, Pat:salute:

Stickshaker
September 16th, 2010, 23:38
Thanks for the info Clive. The installation went OK but when starting BoB I get the message ‘mission file failed to load’. I tried changing the location and aircraft in Quick Combat (which helped in the past with ETO) but no luck this time. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a solution? Btw in my attempts to solve the problem I deleted missions and aircraft that I thought might have been the problem but that did not help.

italflyer
September 17th, 2010, 00:45
Try choosing an enemy fighter in QC, as the there is none specified...

Pat Pattle
September 17th, 2010, 01:08
Stickshaker - you could try running the installer again and pointing it at BoB instead of the stock cfs3 install in the installer dialogue box so that it overwrites/ adds the missing files again.

loverboy1
September 17th, 2010, 06:48
playing more on this install great voice overlays ... when in contact to fighter range .

also seems the damage hits are real nice ....looking

its coming ......along nice

tks

Old Tiger
September 17th, 2010, 09:49
Hi Old Tiger,

Almost, but in the wrong order, although it should still work that way.
The mulitcfs3 is in the installer btw.

One of the first things I learnt as a young engineer was an acronym.....****....first word is read, the last is manual, folks can guess the rest :icon_lol:

This is from the readme:

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Install CFS3 to a location of your choice (the default location is C:\Programme files\Microsoft Games\ Combat Flight Simulator 3).

2) Apply the 2 updates to take it to version 3.1a
These updates can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/CombatFS3/downloads.aspx

3) You now have a choice!
Method A (preferred) - Make a copy of the complete CFS3 install (this process may take some time) then rename it to 'Combat Flight Simulator BoB'
Run the auto-installer and make the destination directory the copy you have just made. By doing this you will still have a stock install as well as the BoB one.
Method B - Run the auto-installer and let it write the BoB files to your stock install. This will overwrite many of the stock files and may adversley affect the game if you subsequently install other addons.

4) Open the Combat Flight Simulator BoB directory and in it you will find 'MultiCFS3.exe'. Double click on it and in the "current user folder" box change
"Combat Flight Simulator 3.0" to "Combat Flight Simulator BoB" and click on "Accept".

5) Installation complete!

Cheers, Pat:salute:

:ernae:Thanks Pat:running:Followed your directions to the letter.:salute:Works like a charm:gameon:

Cheers,

Len

Stickshaker
September 18th, 2010, 02:01
Thanks for your information and suggestions. In the end the solution turned out to be simple. Years ago I made a back-up of my original CFS3 aircraft so I copied that file into the Aircraft directory of BoB (deleting all aircraft except the BoB aircraft). Strangely enough I missed some textures then, even for the ‘new’ BoB aircraft, but after I copied all AvHistory aircraft I have, plus all ‘shared’ files directories of the ETO aircraft directory into the BoB directory, I got my textures back. I don’t know which of the copied aircraft is responsible, but if you lose textures this trick may be of use.

Clive, a very nice add-on (even if I only made one flight as yet)!

BeauBrummie
September 18th, 2010, 02:40
clive why not get admin to set up a Sticky for this BoB install? It does deserve it.

HouseHobbit
September 18th, 2010, 05:06
Great Idea, a Sticky... Yes I agree..:salute:

Hey someone in admin, Do your magic Please..:applause:

No, and don't turn me into a Frog...(wrong magic)..

Make a BOB Sticky please..Thank You..:applause:

gaw
September 18th, 2010, 11:21
Pat.............this is handsome indeed..........many thanks!

sky pilot
September 18th, 2010, 11:42
Great Idea, a Sticky... Yes I agree..:salute:

Hey someone in admin, Do your magic Please..:applause:

No, and don't turn me into a Frog...(wrong magic)..

Make a BOB Sticky please..Thank You..:applause:

AWAA WHY NOT A HOBBIT FROG ?

Can I do the same thing with a M A w install and put it on one drive and cfs3 the outher ?
sky pilot

ndicki
September 18th, 2010, 21:50
Very impressed, Clive. The scenery is great, and FPS acceptable as far as I've seen - unless using the latest PD Spitfire cockpit in virtual cockpit mode. Then it drops off terribly. Not sure why that is.

Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin, though, or some of the other skins you've used...

Capt. Winters
September 18th, 2010, 22:10
Thanks for your information and suggestions. In the end the solution turned out to be simple. Years ago I made a back-up of my original CFS3 aircraft so I copied that file into the Aircraft directory of BoB (deleting all aircraft except the BoB aircraft). Strangely enough I missed some textures then, even for the ‘new’ BoB aircraft, but after I copied all AvHistory aircraft I have, plus all ‘shared’ files directories of the ETO aircraft directory into the BoB directory, I got my textures back. I don’t know which of the copied aircraft is responsible, but if you lose textures this trick may be of use.

Clive, a very nice add-on (even if I only made one flight as yet)!

Hi Stickshaker,

By copying in an old set of CFS3 stock planes you have inadvertantly undone some of the work that was put into the BoB addon.

All the stock CFS3 planes had been editied to aircraft type 2 in the config files and set to spawn No in the xdp files.
This was to stop non period aircraft from showing up in game. (either in menus or mission spawns)

They had also had some work done on the various textures that render the horrible coloured stripes and code letters invisible in game, this was so people didnt have to worry about editing mos files for standalones and also to stop historical skins from being overlayed with stock stripes etc on any wingman or enemy aircraft you may see flying about during a mission or QC.

I would strongly suggest you put the included set of stock CFS3 aircraft back into your BoB install, to benefit the full BoB experiance.

regards Rob.

Led Zeppelin
September 19th, 2010, 00:25
Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin, though, or some of the other skins you've used...
And the MkIF is a pre-BoB skin. The No.604 Sqn L8740 (NG-Q) based at Manston, Kent, in August 1940 would be better for this particular add on.
http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20Aircaft/Blenheim/Regs%20Blenheim%20.htm

ndicki
September 19th, 2010, 03:10
And the MkIF is a pre-BoB skin. The No.604 Sqn L8740 (NG-Q) based at Manston, Kent, in August 1940 would be better for this particular add on.
http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20Aircaft/Blenheim/Regs%20Blenheim%20.htm

Also true. I was so horrified by that other monstrosity I didn't even notice that!

Stickshaker
September 19th, 2010, 09:00
Thanks for pointing out my mistake Rob. I re-ran the installer as per Clive’s suggestions (see above) and I think all is right now.

Capt. Winters
September 19th, 2010, 16:10
Also true. I was so horrified by that other monstrosity I didn't even notice that!

Hi Nigel, LZ,

the prewar skin is not supposed to be in there, after checking we have identified that there are quite a few files that have not copied across for some reason during the build process for the installer file, it was supposed to have your skin WV-D. Clive is working on a new build to fix this.

Would it be alright to use your NG-Q skin as suggested in the upcoming fix for the fighter version? and if you have time could you make a skin for the bomber version with a slighty more period correct skin than the WV-D.

regards Rob.

HouseHobbit
September 19th, 2010, 16:35
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
"Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin"
My Friend it doesn't matter which skin you put on a blenheim, They are Horrid anyway!!!:jump:
off to hide before the Brits see this..:icon_lol:
Off to my Hole..
On goes the ring..:pop4:

ndicki
September 20th, 2010, 11:25
Hi Nigel, LZ,

the prewar skin is not supposed to be in there, after checking we have identified that there are quite a few files that have not copied across for some reason during the build process for the installer file, it was supposed to have your skin WV-D. Clive is working on a new build to fix this.

Would it be alright to use your NG-Q skin as suggested in the upcoming fix for the fighter version? and if you have time could you make a skin for the bomber version with a slighty more period correct skin than the WV-D.

regards Rob.

Hi Rob,

You're welcome - help yourself to whatever you need. It's not a good moment for me to say I'll do a new skin - the new school year started today, and it's a total mess - but keep at me and when I get a break, I will. Don't hold me to a timetable, but feel free to remind me. Got a lot on my plate...

Capt. Winters
September 20th, 2010, 16:50
Hi Nigel,

No worries, real life comes first. Thanks for the OK on using the fighter version skin. I'll drop you a line with some ideas on skins, your already doing up a 609 Spit skin, and a new Blenhiem skin in addition would be great. no pressure just as you get a chance.

regards Rob.

BeauBrummie
September 22nd, 2010, 01:29
I've been having a Hurri-fest over the last couple of days and found a problem with the mirror view. When you toggle F6 you see...

This occurs on all the Hurri's

gosd
October 12th, 2010, 19:33
Very nice work and challenging missions!
I noticed that the prop-disc are missing from the BoB-BF 109E-26and from the BoB_Bf 109e-02.

HouseHobbit
October 13th, 2010, 07:01
I have been having a ball with the BOB setup..:applause:
Thanks Clive and Team very Much..

I have managed to wreck every aircraft in it...:icon_lol:
Setting records here...:gameoff:
Thanks...

Old Tiger
October 13th, 2010, 08:39
I have been having a ball with the BOB setup..:applause:
Thanks Clive and Team very Much..

I have managed to wreck every aircraft in it...:icon_lol:
Setting records here...:gameoff:
Thanks...

:wavey:Me too, every aircraft in it :salute:except Snoopy

renereimann
October 15th, 2010, 13:41
How do you create a Desktop StartUp Icon for this new BoB? All other CFS3 versions automatically created Desktop StartUp Icons.

wsmwsm
October 15th, 2010, 14:34
How do you create a Desktop StartUp Icon for this new BoB? All other CFS3 versions automatically created Desktop StartUp Icons.

Open up your CFS3 Bob folder. Find the cfs3.exe file. Click on that file, choose "create shortcut". Place the shortcut on your desktop.

Once the shortcut is on your desktop, right click the shortcut. Choose "Properties", then "Change Icon". Search for the cfs3bob.ico file (icon) and apply it to the shortcut you created. That's it.

This method applies to Vista but I suspect is roughly the same in all MS operating systems.

renereimann
October 15th, 2010, 18:08
Thank you! It is slightly different with Windows XP Home, but easy to do! A BIG THANK YOU to Pat and his team for this great work!!!

gosd
October 17th, 2010, 18:15
I am having a problem running the BoB Allied Ship Spaws mission;the game shut's down everytime im try this mission. Any idea what is wrong, it seem's OK in MB ?

gosd
October 17th, 2010, 20:08
I have narrowed the problem to the BoB_Blen_I a/c for some reason it does not show in the game.This a/c is the selected a/c for the BoB Allied Ship Spawns misson.

mrjmaint
October 18th, 2010, 06:59
I have narrowed the problem to the BoB_Blen_I a/c for some reason it does not show in the game.This a/c is the selected a/c for the BoB Allied Ship Spawns misson.

Does your BoB Install "aircraft" folder have a "BoB_Blen_I" folder in it? If not it may not have been installed during your BoB expansion installation.

gosd
October 18th, 2010, 20:38
The a/c file is there.I found a solution:in the XDP file replace level_bomber with fighter_bomber.

wsmwsm
October 19th, 2010, 04:09
I am having a problem running the BoB Allied Ship Spaws mission;the game shut's down everytime im try this mission. Any idea what is wrong, it seem's OK in MB ?

What is the BoB "Allied Ship Spawns Mission"? I don't see any mission involving ships.

mrjmaint
October 19th, 2010, 04:41
What is the BoB "Allied Ship Spawns Mission"? I don't see any mission involving ships.

It is a training mission that comes with the Battle of Britain Campaign package for the BoB Install.

It is posted here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=9&linkid=2750 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=9&linkid=2750)

And the thread is here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=44116

FYI a Battle of Britain Campaign package has also been released for ETo 1.40 and it is posted here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=9&linkid=2751 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=9&linkid=2751)

Old Tiger
October 19th, 2010, 05:45
The a/c file is there.I found a solution:in the XDP file replace level_bomber with fighter_bomber.

:ernae: Thank you again gosd. Works great. :salute:

gosd
October 19th, 2010, 08:09
Question: Why doesnt the Battle of Britain install recognize the level_bomber when other versions of CFS do?

mrjmaint
October 19th, 2010, 10:38
Question: Why doesnt the Battle of Britain install recognize the level_bomber when other versions of CFS do?

"level_bomber" works for me. Otherwise I would not have been able to develop the the ship spawns mission with the Blenheim.

Does your He111, Do17, Wellington and Whitley work? These aircraft are also catigorized as "level_bomber".

gosd
October 19th, 2010, 14:46
Nope! none of the A/Cs labelled level_bomber work for me ,I had to recategorize each one to fighter_bomber.

italflyer
October 19th, 2010, 21:47
Nope! none of the A/Cs labelled level_bomber work for me ,I had to recategorize each one to fighter_bomber.

before installing BOB, did you patch your CFS3 to CFS3.1a?

gosd
October 20th, 2010, 15:17
Yes I did patch CFS3 to CFS3.1a before downloadind BoB.The BoB level_bomber versions work fine in my vanilla game.Cant find any reason why they dont in BoB.
What about you am I the only one with this anomaly?

mrjmaint
October 20th, 2010, 16:28
What about you am I the only one with this anomaly?

In reading the thread it looks like Old Tiger may have the same problem. All I know for sure is that the BoB "level_bomber" aircraft work for me without changing the XDP files.

The BoB level_bomber versions work fine in my vanilla game.

Since you have your origional CFS3 game patched to 3.1a I would try making a completly new install of BoB using Method A as found in the install instructions and see if it works. You may have a flaw in your current BoB install.

FAFL342Pascal
October 22nd, 2010, 00:16
Very nice package !

gosd
October 23rd, 2010, 14:32
Made a new install with cfs3.1A. Everything works fine now,my vanilla cfs3.1A must have been corrupted.

italflyer
October 24th, 2010, 01:47
Made a new install with cfs3.1A. Everything works fine now,my vanilla cfs3.1A must have been corrupted.

good to hear!

renereimann
November 19th, 2010, 12:46
Help! I've flown all the Historical Sorties and all work well except "Fragging". After I go to Briefing and press "Fly" I get "Mission Failed to Load" and then Crash to Desktop. I have the two required aircraft and the one facitity.

Anyone know how to fix this?

mrjmaint
November 19th, 2010, 12:56
Help! I've flown all the Historical Sorties and all work well except "Fragging". After I go to Briefing and press "Fly" I get "Mission Failed to Load" and then Crash to Desktop. I have the two required aircraft and the one facitity.

Anyone know how to fix this?

The missions in the historical section are left over CFS3 Stock missions. They are not ment to be run in the BoB Install for CFS3.

tahzib
October 15th, 2022, 23:29
i dont know if anyone checked the https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob/download site, but the google drive download link for BoB Alpha and the download link for BoB MKI are both BoB MKI....

mongoose
October 16th, 2022, 08:09
Well, I note 2 BoB Alpha links and 1 BoB Mk 1
Both
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fV0vdFhF7gNDJEvZOaKFyA-DCQluPHb8/view (Mk1)
and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fV0vdFhF7gNDJEvZOaKFyA-DCQluPHb8/view (Alpha)
seem identical,and say problem to preview folder, while

https://www.mediafire.com/file/70q5shh58qskotb/Combat_Flight_Simulator_BoB_Alpha_01.7z/file (BoB Alpha 01) is a mediafire site

However the download for https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fV0vdFhF7gNDJEvZOaKFyA-DCQluPHb8/view zip name is Mk 1 for both.

So use the alternative mediafire site for alpha and the BoB Mk 1 Google site for Mk 1