http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38761

Enjoy

Michael

merida72
September 14th, 2010, 12:18
and we are at 3 ... but "Tornado" well made no sign! : ( : (

Paul K
September 14th, 2010, 12:26
Wonderful, Michael. The last Grumman fighting 'cat' and one of the best looking aircraft ever built.

And already rather nicely done both by Iris, and Dino Cattaneo.

What on earth is going on here ? You know I was bitching on the Aerosoft forums about the seemingly never-ending stream of combat jets in what is essentially a civilian flight simulator, and now a new model of an aircraft already more than adequately represented ?? What good does this do the hobby ?

Sorry Michael, don't wish to be rude, but another F-14 in FSX, while so much else remains unmodelled, is just ridiculous in my opinion. [/rant]

Rattler
September 14th, 2010, 12:47
I love that Aerosoft is Making a Tomcat, It would Seem that Iris Feels that they Can Improve upon the A-10 with a Native FSX A-10, And now Aerosoft is returning the Favor with a Native F-14.... Not that Either Project is a Jab at the other, Im not saying... Im just saying!!!:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Looking forward to both Birds!!!!

P.S. Keep the Military stuff Coming!!!!!!!

vora
September 14th, 2010, 12:50
That's kinda weird... they stopped the A-10 development because of the IRIS bird and start a F-14A project?

*scratching head* ...

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 13:02
Wonderful, Michael. The last Grumman fighting 'cat' and one of the best looking aircraft ever built.

And already rather nicely done both by Iris, and Dino Cattaneo.

What on earth is going on here ? You know I was bitching on the Aerosoft forums about the seemingly never-ending stream of combat jets in what is essentially a civilian flight simulator, and now a new model of an aircraft already more than adequately represented ?? What good does this do the hobby ?

Sorry Michael, don't wish to be rude, but another F-14 in FSX, while so much else remains unmodelled, is just ridiculous in my opinion. [/rant]

Paul,

Thats ok :), I know where your coming from and I do empathize, but, here's the rub, what some like doesn't sell and selling is a major factor in the commercial line of work. To be approved for development requires that it fits certain criteria and sadly in this day and age, fringe interest aircraft don't get a look in. I could do it at Alphasim six/seven years ago for one simple reason, I already had 20-30 aircraft in circulation to cover the short fall that a fringe aircraft produced, and trust me, some were sold at a huge loss, time wise and financially, sadly those days are long gone.

I see your view on 'other' aircraft, but does that mean that as soon as one or two of a particular aircraft are produced that everyone else has to pack up and go home ?, you'd soon be very short of modelers, very short :). Every model has a best before date and each new rendition brings something new to the table, as hopefully will this one, and more importantly as will the next one over this one. It is the constant change and cycle of models that allows improvement to be brought into the market place, so that consumers can have choice and benefit from new tricks and techniques.

Sadly popular aircraft are popular for many reasons, not just consumers but developers, thats there very essence of existence, and as in the past, they will be done many times over and will continue to do so in the future, theres no way in my diminishing career I'm ever going to make a model again that I do not have a passionate interest for, or wish to spend several thousand hours on if its not one I want to do, or is moderately viable commercially, and that means in simple terms, possible duplication, sad fact as it is, thats the way of things these days.

The only way lessor interest models are going to be made, are by those that find them interesting, but being as they are of lessor interest to the masses, means that they are of lessor interest to modelers, you could be waiting a very long time for some models, if ever.

Hope that explains it, don't expect you to agree though LOL.

Kindest

Michael

MenendezDiego
Who cares, if you don't want to buy it don't. I on the other hand am very excited!

Aerosoft quality cockpit for an F-14A? YES PLEASE

michael davies
That's kinda weird... they stopped the A-10 development because of the IRIS bird and start a F-14A project?

*scratching head* ...

Because of IRIS 'and' Milviz, both modern upto date renditions

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 13:19
I love that Aerosoft is Making a Tomcat, It would Seem that Iris Feels that they Can Improve upon the A-10 with a Native FSX A-10, And now Aerosoft is returning the Favor with a Native F-14.... Not that Either Project is a Jab at the other, Im not saying... Im just saying!!!:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Looking forward to both Birds!!!!

P.S. Keep the Military stuff Coming!!!!!!!

Let me please dispel any conspiracy whispers here and now, the F-14 is not a tit for tat jab at IRIS over the A-10, that sort of action long term is pointless. In fact it took many weeks of serious detailed assessment of the market and a list of aircraft to come to this decision, with a large smattering of what we are passionate for.

It was recognized that pretty much all of the chosen subject matter fell foul of one development or another, commercially or freeware, you just cannot be away from it these days, just as Aerosoft had to bite the bullet on the A-10, then other may have to do the same on the F-14, but if there is another in the wings, then so be it, the pitch is set and what will be will be.

For the record, the A-10 is 'stored' not scrapped, we could continue but both of the other parties are further advanced, far better to yield, do something else, let them have their release, assess their product and then move forward from there, we're not talking weeks between releases here, at this level your talking months, maybe years for production.

So please, no IRIS - Aerosoft tit for tat, many developers are friends behind the scenes, duplication occurs but most of us are aware its not intentional, I hope LOL, certainly not from this quarter.

Kindest

Michael

bazzar
September 14th, 2010, 13:23
Congratulations Michael. A lovely clean mesh as usual, going to a good home. Nice one.:wavey:

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 13:28
Congratulations Michael. A lovely clean mesh as usual, going to a good home. Nice one.:wavey:

Thank you kind sir !, the mesh still needs some panel beating to be acceptable, but as you well know, the devil is in the detail :). Next step is to convert it from the very rare X-14 levitating variant into the more usual A model with archaic landing gear LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Bjoern
September 14th, 2010, 13:54
...and some FSX add-ons have finally become the flightsim version of EA Sports. More of the same, more of the same, more of the same, more of the same...

No offense, Michael. You're just doing your job.

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 13:59
...and some FSX add-ons have finally become the flightsim version of EA Sports. More of the same, more of the same, more of the same, more of the same...

No offense, Michael. You're just doing your job.

None taken, and I see your point, to be fair, if Aerosoft hadn't of taken it I would have continued any way, you see I'm a Top Gun child, it was 'the' movie to see in my day, it was far outside the box of what then was the norm. On hindsight its a bit corny LOL.

I have to be honest, I'm amazed there isnt more of your choice of subject matter, like the 737-200, the Do-328 and to some extent the BAe-146 are lost models in the very competitive tubliner arena, though all three are now receiving deserved attention, but I'm staggered its taken so long.

Kindest

Michael

Bone
September 14th, 2010, 14:02
I like Dino's cat. It's nice, it's free, but when I look right and left I want to see inlets and wings. I like the Iris cat, but the one I have works only in SP1...which I still have a version running. I never got the upgraded Iris cat, because I wasn't sure it would be any different other than being Aceleration friendly.If the Aerosoft cat is as good as the F-16, then that's a good thing. I just hope it's a bit more FPS friendly.

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 14:08
I like Dino's cat. It's nice, it's free, but when I look right and left I want to see inlets and wings. I like the Iris cat, but the one I have works only in SP1...which I still have a version running. I never got the upgraded Iris cat, because I wasn't sure it would be any different other than being Aceleration friendly.If the Aerosoft cat is as good as the F-16, then that's a good thing. I just hope it's a bit more FPS friendly.

FPS is the new buzz word these days, the huge unlimited poly count FSx gave had its down sides, modelers went berserk with huge poly models that basically killed FPS, now developers are sharpening up and reigning back the poly count, the other FPS killer is the MFD, thankfully the A model does not suffer from that affliction, though there is the HUD to contend with, but FPS is a consideration.

Kindest

Michael

Bjoern
September 14th, 2010, 14:14
I have to be honest, I'm amazed there isnt more of your choice of subject matter, like the 737-200, the Do-328 and to some extent the BAe-146 are lost models in the very competitive tubliner arena, though all three are now receiving deserved attention, but I'm staggered its taken so long.

If this was a poke at me, I'm busy with other stuff as well. Like saving the planet, fighting alcohol and counting grains of sand in the desert. :d

As for the lack of representative models of my favs, others simply don't have such a good taste in aircraft as I do, lol. :d

Scratch
September 14th, 2010, 14:15
Super news!!!!! More options/choices are always much better than none at all:jump:

Roadburner440
September 14th, 2010, 14:22
Hey Mr. Davies. First thanks for modeling the Tomcat.. Owning all of the other birds that have been released over the years this will be a must have with Aerosofts quality, and detail.. 2 questions though (and if you cant answer that is fine).. but why choose the A model with the Pratt-Whitney TF-30's w/all of their issues as opposed the B model with the more powerful GE-110 engines? If doing the A model is it intended to model all the quirks invovled with the TF-30's (flying the airplane around the engines, and not the aircraft limits)..? From what I read they did a really good job on the F-16, and would like to see that effort done for the F-14. Regardless it is all good news, and look forward to seeing this rendition in the sim. Should definately be the best one yet.

heywooood
September 14th, 2010, 14:28
will this one have a functioning RIO station? ...or even some flight attitude related chatter....

"great, Vipers' up here"....or "you hook 'em and I'll clean 'em and fry 'em"

or "Watch the mountains, Mav"

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 14:37
If this was a poke at me, I'm busy with other stuff as well. Like saving the planet, fighting alcohol and counting grains of sand in the desert. :d

As for the lack of representative models of my favs, others simply don't have such a good taste in aircraft as I do, lol. :d

I never 'poke' at anyone, I was just saying that I'm amazed that these three very popular aircraft IMHO have not been modeled well for quite some time.

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 14:53
Hey Mr. Davies. First thanks for modeling the Tomcat.. Owning all of the other birds that have been released over the years this will be a must have with Aerosofts quality, and detail.. 2 questions though (and if you cant answer that is fine).. but why choose the A model with the Pratt-Whitney TF-30's w/all of their issues as opposed the B model with the more powerful GE-110 engines? If doing the A model is it intended to model all the quirks invovled with the TF-30's (flying the airplane around the engines, and not the aircraft limits)..? From what I read they did a really good job on the F-16, and would like to see that effort done for the F-14. Regardless it is all good news, and look forward to seeing this rendition in the sim. Should definately be the best one yet.

The A model was chosen for its broad spectrum of variants in the paint department, and theres more of them across more Squadrons, the D model is limited to just two or three Squadrons, there is the A+ and the B, but the A has the most choices.

The TF-30 is an issue and how far you go down the road of authenticity is difficult, most here in this forum would love the engines to be ultra accurate, but as seen in the Razbam A-7 thread, it has its detractors and Aerosoft does sell to a wider general audience which may be less discerning when it comes to engine management. The engine fidelity has not been discussed in great detail yet, so the final guise is unknown, I suspect it may end up with a high end specification but not so high to cause casual fliers issues, or it might end up with two FDEs, normal and advanced.

If the F-16 was advanced enough for you and wasn't a factor for the casual simmer then expect much the same on the F-14.

We hope the model will please customers, the current competition is high and there is always the risk that either or both may revamp their work or another appear (enter stage left) on the scene, thats the risk we take and the environment we knowingly work in these days.

Kindest

Michael

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 14:57
will this one have a functioning RIO station? ...or even some flight attitude related chatter....

"great, Vipers' up here"....or "you hook 'em and I'll clean 'em and fry 'em"

or "Watch the mountains, Mav"

I cannot answer either of those at this moment, the chatter would be a nice touch LOL, but neither are my decision to include or exclude at this moment in time.

Kindest

Michael

heywooood
September 14th, 2010, 15:04
I thought it sounded good too...

Thanks for the reply - I am looking forward to seeing your F-14 in FSX

"no no no - there's four o's in heywooood boys..."

Stratobat
September 14th, 2010, 15:04
Very nice looking model, Michael :jump:

I was just saying that I'm amazed that these three very popular aircraft IMHO have not been modeled well for quite some time.

I'm surprised no one has done a Cheetah C with the Spotty paint scheme yet.

Regards,
Stratobat

vora
September 14th, 2010, 15:14
Two years ago I would have been sad about "doublettes" since there were not many non-ported planes around, but nowdays FSX is almost flooded with military models coming out on a regular basis. There are no "popular" types which haven't been done once or twice already.
That being said if the F-14 is anywhere near the F-16 quality that thing is a must-buy for me although I'm quite happy with the IRIS bird currently.
Keep on the good work, Michael!

Volker

PS.: Is there a chance that Aerosoft will be throwing a ship into the package like they did with the Seahawk package (let's say a carrier by a reknown carrier expert and modeler)? :kilroy:

Wing_Z
September 14th, 2010, 15:44
FPS is the new buzz word these days, the huge unlimited poly count FSx gave had its down sides, modelers went berserk with huge poly models that basically killed FPS, now developers are sharpening up and reigning back the poly count...

Michael...a tiny correction there:
I don't know of any other term more frequently used since the inception of Flight Simulator :):)
I'll tell you what IS new: the supreme irony that strikes me, reading this.
Lionheart has just had this magical breakthrough with unleashing unlimited polys on the FS9 world, and here we are told that FSX is about to be reigned in!
Umm wasn't this the single biggest advantage of the "New" sim???

So do us FS9'ers start looking forward to some "New" releases, then?
Woo I do hope so...

peter12213
September 14th, 2010, 16:07
and we are at 3 ... but "Tornado" well made no sign! : ( : (

Got to say I have to agree!

icycle
September 14th, 2010, 16:10
Michael,
Excellent news!

I have quite a number of your creations, and your attention to detail does you credit sir!

I certainly hope we can convince those with the paintbrushes, once your are done bending the polys, to get us the early, hi-viz VF-1 "Wolfpack" & VF-2 "Bounty Hunters" schemes (both off USS Enterprise - July '73 - used in Op. "Frequent Wind"). Remember those being modeled by just about every plastic kit mfg when I was young. I think an F-14A from VF-2 was about the best plastic model I ever built.

Looking forward to it.

Bill

Sundog
September 14th, 2010, 16:59
Good luck MD and Aerosoft. I'm sure it will prove to be a best seller. :)

Roadburner440
September 14th, 2010, 17:05
Certaintly all is good news. Thanks for the reply.

Bone
September 14th, 2010, 17:29
Oy. I guess we'll just have to wait even longer for an F-100 to come around.

tommieboy
September 14th, 2010, 17:30
I was thinking about upgrading to the IRIS Pro F-14 for FSX from my current FS9 version....I think I'll wait and see how this new one pans out first....:mixedsmi:

Tommy

fsafranek
September 14th, 2010, 17:48
The A model was chosen for its broad spectrum of variants in the paint department, and theres more of them across more Squadrons, the D model is limited to just two or three Squadrons, there is the A+ and the B, but the A has the most choices.

An excellent decision and the reason makes perfect sense.
:ernae:

SADT
September 14th, 2010, 18:55
Slightly OT:

Oy. I guess we'll just have to wait even longer for an F-100 to come around.

Bone, I believe someone from Virtavia showed some screenshots of an FSX F-100 a couple of weeks back. Hopefully it shouldn't be too far away.

Ian Warren
September 14th, 2010, 19:34
Anytime Baby and Aerosoft , this is not a hard answer , bring it on ! :wavey:

www.nzff.org
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 23:31
Slightly OT:

Bone, I believe someone from Virtavia showed some screenshots of an FSX F-100 a couple of weeks back. Hopefully it shouldn't be too far away.

The Virtavia F-100 has been on and off for years, I was told mine was not required as they had one, and that was two years ago, for an aircraft thats fundamentally nearly finished, thats one slow inception. But, it will be nice to see when it does arrive.

Best

Michael

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 23:42
Michael...a tiny correction there:
I don't know of any other term more frequently used since the inception of Flight Simulator :):)
I'll tell you what IS new: the supreme irony that strikes me, reading this.
Lionheart has just had this magical breakthrough with unleashing unlimited polys on the FS9 world, and here we are told that FSX is about to be reigned in!
Umm wasn't this the single biggest advantage of the "New" sim???

So do us FS9'ers start looking forward to some "New" releases, then?
Woo I do hope so...

Poly count is an akward child to play with, with FS9 things are a little better as the game engine is quite stable and runs very well maxed out on many peoples computers, thus adding higher poly count models should not strain it too much. FSx on the other hand still struggles to run effectively on many peoples machines so adding more polys just exponentially adds more strain.

The unlimited poly count effectively let people run riot, with little thought to form or visuals, you can still make very good looking models but at much lower poly counts, it just takes much more time and pre thought, I've had 3rd party models cross my desk that were 80K polys for FS9, and effectively removed 25K, most of it in back facing polys or triming here and there, takes a few weeks but the end result looks visually almost identical.

Best

Michael

michael davies
September 14th, 2010, 23:46
Two years ago I would have been sad about "doublettes" since there were not many non-ported planes around, but nowdays FSX is almost flooded with military models coming out on a regular basis. There are no "popular" types which haven't been done once or twice already.
That being said if the F-14 is anywhere near the F-16 quality that thing is a must-buy for me although I'm quite happy with the IRIS bird currently.
Keep on the good work, Michael!

Volker

PS.: Is there a chance that Aerosoft will be throwing a ship into the package like they did with the Seahawk package (let's say a carrier by a reknown carrier expert and modeler)? :kilroy:

Which renowned expert did you have in mind LOL, I'm not sure Javier does payware ?, and duplicating his Nimitz class would be wasteful, however an oiler carrier (Forrestal / Constellation classes) might not be such a bad idea ?. Its not planned, but its a lurking thought for later.

Best

Michael

Mithrin
September 15th, 2010, 00:57
I don't buy stuff other than scenery anymore but for this I will make an exception. Still my favourite jetfighter, closely followed by the Flanker.

skyblazer3
September 15th, 2010, 01:19
The Virtavia F-100 has been on and off for years, I was told mine was not required as they had one, and that was two years ago, for an aircraft thats fundamentally nearly finished, thats one slow inception. But, it will be nice to see when it does arrive.

Best

Michael

I don't know how much longer I can wait for an F-100..... I've been converting 8mm film of F-100s onto DVD and the crisp clean lines of the aircraft are driving me mad! I'll take your F-100 any day Davies!

Good luck on the tomcat, I'm sure she will be a real winner in flight fidelity, systems modeling, 3d artwork, and textures.

Cheers,

Chris

vora
September 15th, 2010, 03:11
Which renowned expert did you have in mind LOL, I'm not sure Javier does payware ?, and duplicating his Nimitz class would be wasteful, however an oiler carrier (Forrestal / Constellation classes) might not be such a bad idea ?. Its not planned, but its a lurking thought for later.

Best

Michael

Of course I hadn't a second rendition of Javier's Nimitz class in mind but a Forrestal or Kitty Hawk class. One of those and a late Essex or middle Midway I would very welcome in the FSX world. We have to think ahead: A-4 and F-4 are in the line... :icon_lol:

Think about it... what ya gonna do with all the free time when the coding starts? :icon_lol: <-----
(plus with Aerosoft having a lot of parallel projects there is also the danger of the coder being reshuffled elsewhere, as it happened with the Huey and Bronco projects.)

A Forrestal would also make the Tomcat package a lot more attractive since I assume that a lot of the common Aerosoft customers don't have a clue about Javier's fantastic carrier...

Just not-so-serious musings,

Volker

wiltzei
September 15th, 2010, 03:51
Oh yeah, there canīt be too many flying Turkeys. :gameon: Iīd have preferred the -D, though.

michael davies
September 15th, 2010, 04:11
Of course I hadn't a second rendition of Javier's Nimitz class in mind but a Forrestal or Kitty Hawk class. One of those and a late Essex or middle Midway I would very welcome in the FSX world. We have to think ahead: A-4 and F-4 are in the line... :icon_lol:

Think about it... what ya gonna do with all the free time when the coding starts? :icon_lol: <-----
(plus with Aerosoft having a lot of parallel projects there is also the danger of the coder being reshuffled elsewhere, as it happened with the Huey and Bronco projects.)

A Forrestal would also make the Tomcat package a lot more attractive since I assume that a lot of the common Aerosoft customers don't have a clue about Javier's fantastic carrier...

Just not-so-serious musings,

Volker

One of the more important criteria set up for this line of modeling for Aerosoft was a decision to minimize strain on their already full schedule, thus a lot of coding will be done where possible, out side of their current schedule, this will require some learning on my behalf but should help reduce delays and allow them to concentrate on there current and future work loads. With in a week or so a basic animated model will be in FS, this will allow FDE work to begin at a very early stage and in parallel with modeling and art work. The concept of finishing one aspect then handing over to the next stage is antiquated and time exhaustive, a more flexible approach is needed in the market place these days.

On the A-10 we fleshed out a method of working that actually worked quite well, it is hard to develop a FDE with a naked model and for arguments sake sticks for landing gear, but it doesn't half speed up production, in reality you don't need all the detail to enable the FDE to move forward. It does make for a more dynamic environment and does require quite a lot more back and forth in communications, but so far its working quite well.

Carriers, to be fair, to develop a carrier worthy of the aircraft would take a good many months, I personally feel the two should compliment each other in the standards dept, time will be a major factor here, if there is time then it will be considered, but if the carrier cannot be completed before the aircraft release date, then it will not be added, the aircraft will not wait for the carrier, there are other USN aircraft planned so plenty of chances for carriers further down the line we hope.

Best

Michael

michael davies
September 15th, 2010, 04:15
I don't know how much longer I can wait for an F-100..... I've been converting 8mm film of F-100s onto DVD and the crisp clean lines of the aircraft are driving me mad! I'll take your F-100 any day Davies!

Good luck on the tomcat, I'm sure she will be a real winner in flight fidelity, systems modeling, 3d artwork, and textures.

Cheers,

Chris

My F-100 is tied in with Razbam, I started the project with them and so it still resides with them, to yank it from them and send elsewhere, is just not good cricket :).

Best

Michael

hae5904
September 15th, 2010, 05:29
For FSX...we don't need another payware F-14!!

We need a F-8 Crusader!!

Still weird that vendors come up releasing aircraft other vendors did....simply put : stupid!

My 2 cents

Bone
September 15th, 2010, 05:36
Slightly OT:

I guess I missed that thread, somehow. Now I've got it, thanks SADT.

I'm all for an F-14A, but can we get a Maverick/Goose and Iceman/Slider paints with it? I'm feeling dangerous right now.

skyblazer3
September 15th, 2010, 07:52
Michael,

Thanks for the info, I suspected that was the case. After seeing the razbam A-7, I'm sure waiting for your model of the F-100 will be well worth it. I wasn't suggesting you send the model elsewhere, I'm just a dumb pilot who can't wait to get into the super-sabre.

Thanks again,

Chris

michael davies
September 15th, 2010, 09:30
For FSX...we don't need another payware F-14!!

We need a F-8 Crusader!!

Still weird that vendors come up releasing aircraft other vendors did....simply put : stupid!

My 2 cents

A F-8 Crusader is on the way, probably two if the truth be known, so patience young padawan :).

As I wrote above, when do you think we need another F-14, if vendors didn't keep recycling subjects then we would all still be flying FS5 models ?. Every model has a sell by date, as will this one, there comes a time when every model is surpassed by technology and customer demands, who decides when that time is right ?, bearing in mind that it might take up to 18 months for a model to reach the customer (not advocating that this is the case here, a much much tighter deadline has been set), thus a preview now will usually see the model in the shops around Xmas time, making by my really basic calculations, existing models nearly two years old ?.

Personally I want the best thats available and that means new models on a periodic basis, no one calls car manufactures stupid, they are essentially reinventing the wheel with each new model.

If you are happy with the current renditions of the F-14 available then this will not be for you and I respect that point of view, but I hesitate to suggest that it is not a majority point of view, and businesses aim for the majority point of view. Since the preview the uptake has generally been positive, proof, if any was needed, that the decision to make another F-14 wasn't such a bad decision.

Stupid defines a person as lacking common sense, learning or perception, is that truly how you believe this project was put together ?. It may be something you do not agree with, but that does by default not make it stupid.

Kindest

Michael

michael davies
September 15th, 2010, 09:38
I guess I missed that thread, somehow. Now I've got it, thanks SADT.

I'm all for an F-14A, but can we get a Maverick/Goose and Iceman/Slider paints with it? I'm feeling dangerous right now.

F-100, yup, missed that too !.

Back to topic, I'd love to do the Top Gun schemes, will need to check the film for reference data, totally un-authentic I know, but appeals to my boyish side :). I did note the inconsistant use of carriers during filming LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Bjoern
September 15th, 2010, 09:56
I never 'poke' at anyone, I was just saying that I'm amazed that these three very popular aircraft IMHO have not been modeled well for quite some time.

Do-328..."very popular"...*Snort*... ;)

I'm surprised no one has done a Cheetah C with the Spotty paint scheme yet.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21408

No camo paints yet 'though.

michael davies
September 15th, 2010, 10:18
Do-328..."very popular"...*Snort*... ;)

Do-328, well I like it :).

Bjoern
September 15th, 2010, 11:09
Do-328, well I like it :).

As well as ten to twelve other people in the MSFS community. ;)

And speaking of, I could....hmm...nah, not yet.

Stratobat
September 15th, 2010, 11:14
Hey Bjoern,

I believe that the Cheetah D, along with the Cheetah C currently being developed, are both for FS 2004.

Regards,
Stratobat

Bjoern
September 15th, 2010, 11:16
I believe that the Cheetah D, along with the Cheetah C currently being developed, are both for FS 2004.

So? There's nothing that can't be converted for FSX use. ;)

Sundog
September 15th, 2010, 13:46
Well, whoever is modeling the F-8, please include an RF-8G in the line up. :)

n4gix
September 15th, 2010, 13:57
As well as ten to twelve other people in the MSFS community. ;)

And speaking of, I could....hmm...nah, not yet.

So now you know why the ESDG DO328J keeps gathering dust in the avionics hanger...

...it's real pity, because the model itself is fully textured both inside and out, but without the gauge system, it's just another work of art that may never be appreciated... :mixedsmi:

Odie
September 15th, 2010, 17:52
Michael, good news indeed! Great to hear that another Big Cat is on the way. Can't have too many in my hangar! Tomcats are just like Mustangs....takes a few to make a herd!

Bone
September 15th, 2010, 18:39
Michael, good news indeed! Great to hear that another Big Cat is on the way. Can't have too many in my hangar! Tomcats are just like Mustangs....takes a few to make a herd!

MEOW

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2009-6-23_18-14-12-188.jpg

Bjoern
September 16th, 2010, 15:45
So now you know why the ESDG DO328J keeps gathering dust in the avionics hanger...

...it's real pity, because the model itself is fully textured both inside and out, but without the gauge system, it's just another work of art that may never be appreciated... :mixedsmi:

Well, I'd buy it (if it came out FSX native before my rendition of the -310).
Take this as a real compliment, considering that I've only bought one plane in my whole MSFS life so far...;)

But then again, I'd even marry that damn plane...

P.S: In case you cancel the project, I'd be interested in the VC mesh. I won't have to model one then. :d

Odie
September 16th, 2010, 18:38
MEOW

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2009-6-23_18-14-12-188.jpg

:mixedsmi: Outstanding!

centuryseries
September 17th, 2010, 11:52
Looks great Michael - I love the film, and I'm sure I will love your rendition of that amazing plane.

It's still without peers - the combination of Phoenix and Tomcat is unmatched (unless you count the Mig-31 - but that doesn't look half as good).

Nick C
September 17th, 2010, 11:54
So what happened to packing in the FS development life, Michael are you without willpower? :engel016:

Henry
September 17th, 2010, 12:10
So what happened to packing in the FS development life, Michael are you without willpower? :engel016:
he is like that Norwegian blue
he was just resting:jump::jump:
LOL
H

michael davies
September 17th, 2010, 12:29

My FS pension just got Maxwell'd :mad:, leaving me significantly out of pocket and willpower doesn't put bread on the table.

I'll leave it there, for no other reason than respect for others here and that there is no watershed late enough that would permit my true feelings to be printed.

Ironically the enforced return has worked out exceedingly well, some ones loss is another's gain :).

kindest

Michael

michael davies
September 17th, 2010, 12:31
he is like that Norwegian blue
he was just resting:jump::jump:
LOL
H

Grin, would that be the Norwegian blue parrot that sleeps upside down? or Norwegian blue cheese ?, if the latter, then its Danish, I'm half Viking, so, Danish blue cheese if you please LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Henry
September 17th, 2010, 12:42
Grin, would that be the Norwegian blue parrot that sleeps upside down? or Norwegian blue cheese ?, if the latter, then its Danish, I'm half Viking, so, Danish blue cheese if you please LOL.

Kindest

Michael
LOL
H
always glad to see you
ya cant keep a good man down!
just dont let the blood rush to your head
if sleeping upside down
an blue cheese is good
H

michael davies
September 17th, 2010, 13:10
LOL
H
always glad to see you
ya cant keep a good man down!
just dont let the blood rush to your head
if sleeping upside down
an blue cheese is good
H

Good man ?, I hope you use that term loosely, I have a reputation to uphold LOL.

The clever bit is when you manage to convince everyone your the right way up and they are all upside down :).

Kindest

Michael