PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people who play

Neothan
September 13th, 2010, 09:28
Hello,

I used to play CFS1 & CFS2 online on the Microsoft Gaming Zone back in the day. I was ranked in the top 5 for CFS2 many moons ago. My alias was WA_DarkElf. Not sure if you all remember, but WA_Kaze and I flew often as a team. It’s interesting looking back but this was around 1999 era. I’m looking to see if people still play CFS. I have CFS3 and would love to get back into the game. Are there any organized squads? What service is used to hook people up?
Thanks,
Neothan

hairyspin
September 13th, 2010, 10:47
Hello Neothan and welcome back! Online play is IP-to-IP mostly since the MS server was pulled a couple of years ago - there's also a GameRanger service I think.

IP gamers go through the SOH Flight Center:- www.sim-outhouse.net (http://www.sim-outhouse.net)
or check the Flight Center tab at the top of this page. Yes, SOH has its own game server and forums for online games are there too!

Have fun! :wavey:

Neothan
September 13th, 2010, 18:33
I understand IP to IP but I don't get the SOH Flight Center. Can someone explain this? How does this work? Are matches constantly going or is there a launge where people go to look for matches? Does SOH have a sqaud? How many people?

gman35
September 13th, 2010, 21:15
I'm also interested in finding out how to play on-line. I play Aces high II, but find it lacks what CFS3 offered visually, tho they do have a large on-line community. It seems most people in Aces High are looking for an arcade shooter, while I'm looking for simulation. I did have ETO and PTO but I never Figured out how to play on-line so I uninstalled. Think I'll try again, hope to meet up with you all soon.