PDA

View Full Version : A new FW190A-8 skin

Steven190
September 12th, 2010, 11:24
This is a generic re-paint of Dancats and ETO excellant FW190A-8.
It has no weathering, since I suck at it and most times not real satisfied at the outcome.
Thanks to all that were involved in this add-on
I worked on trying to get the RLM colors to match the Monogrames RLM color chart, as best that I could.
I also added new panel lines and rivets, also did a rippled skin texture to the plane.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Steven190/Blue8_1.jpg

Hope you like it
Steven190

dancat
September 12th, 2010, 16:20
sorry I never got back to ya about the skin..
I'm too tied up in life to deal with cfs3 right now.
keep doing what you want with the skins, they look good.

Jon

Steven190
September 12th, 2010, 16:27
Thanks Jon

Take your time, we will be here, when you get back

Thanks

HouseHobbit
September 12th, 2010, 17:02
That is a really pretty fw 190 you have there..:applause:

I like pretty fw 190's, I hope when it is ready, to bend it a bit..:icon_lol:

And i'll try not to Hurt the paint to badly..:icon_lol:

No, I will trash it with Much joy to be Honest..:icon_lol:

Looks great..BRAVO..:salute:

ndicki
September 12th, 2010, 20:46
The colours look about right, too - to be honest, there were numerous variations according to sources and availability of pigments in any case, but these look to be about standard.

When I saw the title of your post I thought, "Oh no, not another one wasting his time doing a skin for the stock piece of junk! Why don't they do Dancat's?" And there it was!

Weathering is not that hard - just for starters, try this, below the panel lines, rivets and shadowing, but above the markings - with a wide airbrush, draw "streaks" of pale grey where you imagine the light would catch the aircraft, over the tops of the wings following the curve, and along the fuselage about 2/3 up the side. If you then blend it down gently into the colours below, you'll find that it adds volume and tones down the paint a bit.

And below that layer but above the markings, just add a random pattern of light and dark feathered-edge speckles, each on a separate layer, using an earth tone for the light ones and a darkish grey or neutral brown for the dark ones. Again, blending them down into the background will add a bit of variation to the base colours.

Then, if you think of places where there would be shadows or highlights, again, that gives added volume.

It all adds up - a high resolution skin, before fusing the layers, can be anywhere between 70 to 80,000 KB... Or more!

Give it a try, because you're on the right track!

ndicki
September 12th, 2010, 20:48
PS - You've got the stock RAF pilot there - he's FAR too blue and his Mae West far too yellow! I did some repaints that are the right colour. They'll be in the archive somewhere.

Steven190
September 13th, 2010, 03:12
Thanks for the advice, I will try it. Like I said I am never satisfied with the outcome of my weathering, it always looks to placed and artificial.

As for the pilot, I just never changed it in the laptops game, I use my laptop to do the Photoshop work, I have just the 3.1a on the laptop, more interested in the plane at the time.

I will post a weathered plane to see if there is any interest.