PDA

View Full Version : Rat Patrol

PJMack
September 11th, 2010, 17:17
I just watched the first episode on Netflix. The US jeep patrol were attacked by a P51D with German markings. LOL LOL LOL:salute:

TARPSBird
September 13th, 2010, 22:43
When you just can't come up with a Me-108 or Nord 1000 to stand in for the 109! :d

JapLance
September 13th, 2010, 23:17
Well, it might have happened :icon_twi:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/165/2/0

PJMack
September 14th, 2010, 08:03
Well, it might have happened :icon_twi:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/165/2/0

Well, I have egg on my face!

MaskRider
September 14th, 2010, 08:08
Well, I was watching an episode of McHales NAVY the other day (also NETFLIX) and danged if Washing Machine Charlie wasn't flying a Wildcat!:icon_lol:

sc7500
September 14th, 2010, 09:20
It's actually a pretty good series... I bought the first 2 seasons off Amazon last year and finally got around to watching it during our "tornado season".

Amazing how many times they re-used the same attack footage, machinery, planes, guards.... must be that '40s Can-Do Ability to keep things running...

And [as is typical for '60s TV shows] both the Pro- and Antagonists rarely get more than a flesh wound... Except for the poor guards and "expendible cast"...

BONUS QUESTION !!!

Who can reply with the correct CURRENT professional assignment that the Good/Bad German Capt. Hans Dietrich attends to ?

Extra EXTRA credit if you know both his present stage name AND early career name

SC
:kilroy:

Fibber
September 14th, 2010, 12:29
the Good/Bad German Capt. Hans Dietrich = Hans Gudegast = Eric Braeden who now plays the character Victor Newman on "the Young and the Restless"
Also played for awhile on the "mary Tyler Moore Show". Did you know that before acting he was a lab assistant cadaver slicer in Germany and that his father was a mayor of a town outside of Kiel and spent a year in a Brit prison as a Nazi? Vee No evvvvvvvvvvvveryting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc7500
September 14th, 2010, 15:03
FIBBER !!!

Good Job !

Take the rest of the week off WITH pay !
SC

PJMack
September 14th, 2010, 15:26
FIBBER !!!

Good Job !

Take the rest of the week off WITH pay !
SC

I'll never watch The Young and the Restless the same way again.:kilroy: