View Full Version : 9/11!

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 19:42
R.I.P. all the fallen and those who have fought sinse for our freedom!
May all those rest in peace and those who insight this terror, may they find forgivess somewhere because I surly won't!

heywooood
September 10th, 2010, 19:58
:unitedstates:
My thoughts are with the surviving families of the people who were murdered on that day - and the warriors we have asked to defend and protect our country from further similar acts of hatred.

God is Great

we have much to learn

PRB
September 10th, 2010, 20:03
Well, here we go. I had thought of posting my own “Remember 9/11” thread, but our young friend from the UK, Peter12213, beat me to it. As a US citizen, I'm moved and impressed (and a wee bit saddened?) that the first of such threads has been posted by one of our friends from across the Atlantic, but I shouldn't be too surprised, since our friends there have been with us from the start, and have never left our side. I don't want this thread to be about religion, although I know that the conflict, at it's roots, is. Am I trying to walk a tight rope? Yes, you bet. I've been thinking about what happened nine years ago these past few days, and not without some emotion. I'd like this thread to remain more or less civil, if possible, please.

Shylock
September 10th, 2010, 20:15
Don't forget the 23 NYPD, 343 FDNY, 37 PAPD along with all the other civilians killed that day. We continue to have members of the NYPD and FDNY still dying today from sickness related to working down at the pile afterwards. The worst day in my 13 year career in the NYPD was spent 9 years ago today and will never forget it.

heywooood
September 10th, 2010, 20:18
the conflict is not about religion - its about hate...religion is used by the terrorist element as a wedge.

Islam and Christianity both espouse peace and harmony. It is EXTREMISTS on both sides that ascribe to the terrorists usage and buy into that 'war of religion' carp.

It will only serve them to polarize the masses on either side along those lines - THAT is the fight.

to win it, all we have to do is not hate people for being of a different faith - just the people that are trying to incite the hatred. The real battle is to get everyone to understand that.

I hope we get this right because we owe it to the victims of 911 and our fallen soldiers to do so.

May they rest knowing they are honored and respected forever

heywooood
September 10th, 2010, 20:22
Don't forget the 23 NYPD, 343 FDNY, 37 PAPD along with all the other civilians killed that day. We continue to have members of the NYPD and FDNY still dying today from sickness related to working down at the pile afterwards. The worst day in my 13 year career in the NYPD was spent 9 years ago today and will never forget it.

you have my most humble respect and regard...I hope our Congress will reconsider the Adminstrations plan to provide lifetime health and wellness care for the first responders - we owe it to you and everyone else who was there to save lives that day.

Bushpounder
September 10th, 2010, 20:43
the conflict is not about religion - its about hate...religion is used by the terrorist element as a wedge.

Islam and Christianity both espouse peace and harmony. It is EXTREMISTS on both sides that ascribe to the terrorists usage and buy into that 'war of religion' carp.

It will only serve them to polarize the masses on either side along those lines - THAT is the fight.

to win it, all we have to do is not hate people for being of a different faith - just the people that are trying to incite the hatred. The real battle is to get everyone to understand that.

I hope we get this right because we owe it to the victims of 911 and our fallen soldiers to do so.

Very well put. I agree 110%.
Don

bkeske
September 10th, 2010, 21:31
Never forget.

Gdavis101
September 10th, 2010, 22:19
We must never forget... :salute:

skyhawka4m
September 10th, 2010, 22:39
My heart goes out to all the families of lost loved ones. My heart also goes out to our country because over the last 9 years our country has become numb to this terrorist act and it saddens me each and everyday. I remember the days of standing outside my house at night watching the F-16's and F-15's orbit NYC and Phila., while listening in on my scanners, doing their bit of keeping us safe, I remember the days when each and almost every house had a US flag flying, and we held doors for one another, thanked one another, gave to others to help. As a well know radio host said today, many americans the day following the 9/11 incident went to donate blood...why.....because they felt the need to help, even though not much blood was needed for this terroist act. It was their way of helping. As an american vet I am deeply troubled with my country since that day. We were once the strongest country in the world, while we are still strong.....we have been weakened.

All my prayers go out to the troops who serve day and night to fight this extremist belief. Each and every day they put their lives on the line for me.....I thanked to members of the USN today for what they are doing. they may not be on the front lines now......but who knows what tommorow may bring......thank you troops ladies and gents.

Chacha
September 10th, 2010, 22:47
..... We must never forget ....

:USA-flag:
:salute:

Naismith
September 11th, 2010, 00:54
It is one of those days, like Kennedy. Many years from now we will still remember where we were and what we were doing on that day and who we were with. It shall never fade from memory.

robcap
September 11th, 2010, 02:01

I also agree 110% and even more. In our country there are also anti-islamic voices, that distract from the real challenges in our world and in our time.

Cheers, Rob

doublecool
September 11th, 2010, 03:25
We Must Never Forget... :salute: :unitedstates:

strykerpsg
September 11th, 2010, 04:56
My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of the fallen, my soul goes out to hunting and eradicating those that brought this injustice to the innocent. Fallen, you are my energy that keeps the fire burning inside me to stay focused for the hunt.

Bone
September 11th, 2010, 05:57

I didn't know you were NYPD. That has GOT to be an interesting job. Salute.:salute:

BOOM
September 11th, 2010, 06:06
God Bless

Cag40Navy
September 11th, 2010, 07:00
RIP aunt and others with her on that day. Lest we never forget! :unitedstates: :USA-flag: :engel016:

txnetcop
September 11th, 2010, 07:10
May we never forget...ever!:unitedstates:
Ted

ColoKent
September 11th, 2010, 09:14
...but I wonder how much outrage it will take for us as a society to eventually do what needs to be done about the phenomenon behind this and other attacks (and make NO mistake, we have not done 1/8th of what is required to send the correct OVERWHELMING message around the world that we won't tolerate these people in this world).

The question for the United States remains unanswered: will we continue to have political correctness shoved down our throats at the expense of the survival of our people, society, and way of life?

It appears after nine years that appeasement remains a poor policy.

Sorry for the rant.

Kent

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 09:27
cant really call the war on terror including 9 or 10 years in IraQ and Afganistan 'appeasement' can we....?

nothing appeasing about 10's of thousands of war dead really - is there?

burning qu'rans is not the answer - it is RATHER exactly the kind of ignorant anger the terrorist element WANTS to see - so they can further incite their disenfranchised, poorly educated young people to commit acts of 'retaliation' - it is the slippery slope we need to hopefully recognize before it is too late.

unfortunately our populace isn't any less disenfranchised or better educated these days - if FOX news and its supporters are any gauge

May the dead rest and may their deaths not be in vain - that last part is up to us to ensure and its a brutal row to hoe

ColoKent
September 11th, 2010, 09:37
...Heywood: you just made my point in spades-- thanks.

You hit the nail on the head, my friend--burning qu'rans is not the answer...

Ah well, maybe if we just are nicer to the "poor, misunderstood freedom fighters" they will let us live...

'Nuf said.

Kent

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 09:48
and you have proven mine - perfectly

ColoKent
September 11th, 2010, 09:54
....you can afford to view the situation the way you do...

...and I'll continue to do what's required to ensure that you retain that right.

Kent

Gramps
September 11th, 2010, 10:14
And if this thread gets closed because of you two, there will be more to pay!!

You want to continue, take it elsewhere, NUFF said!!

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 10:25
I like how you automatically assume that I am a bystander...merely 'viewing' our situation - whilst the mighty Kent is a 'doer'

anyone can pull a trigger - the trick is to know who to point the gun at...that is the part that requires some intelligence...knowing exactly who to target and why.

thats all I have to say and I would rather not have been dragged down this road - my thoughts and respect on this day are for the victims and first responders at the WTC and the Pentagon...and in the quiet field in Pa.

NUFF said is right

Oelwanne
September 11th, 2010, 10:34
God bless the Fallen!
As this Attack happened i used to live in Hamburg...the City where it all started...
IŽam sorry that this thing started from the Soil of my Homeland!
I was a Soldier in an CRC (Control and Reporting Center) at that Day...
...we used to do Air Policing in Germany.
I remember the Time shortly after 9/11....we where pretty busy.
I want everybody in the U.S. to know that me, and my Comrades where ready to go to War at that point!
But as the Truth has two Faces...its the same with Wars...

I hope this posting is not an insult against the Forum Rules.
And maybe something isŽnt written right because i am not an English speaken man!

Gramps
September 11th, 2010, 10:50
I like how you automatically assume that I am a bystander...merely 'viewing' our situation - whilst the mighty Kent is a 'doer'

anyone can pull a trigger - the trick is to know who to point the gun at...that is the part that requires some intelligence...knowing exactly who to target and why.

thats all I have to say and I would rather not have been dragged down this road - my thoughts and respect on this day are for the victims and first responders at the WTC and the Pentagon...and in the quiet field in Pa.

NUFF said is right

What part of you two didn't you understand??

Like i said, if you want to continue, take it elsewhere

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 11:42
you and I were posting at the same time....and yeah I got it - thanks Gramps, admin is a tough gig sometimes

Paul K
September 11th, 2010, 11:59
As a US citizen, I'm moved and impressed (and a wee bit saddened?) that the first of such threads has been posted by one of our friends from across the Atlantic...

Remember the sun rises on the anniversary of 9/11 at least 5 hours earlier here in the UK, so it's almost inevitable that a thread will be initiated while you are still asleep over there. No need for sadness.

blazefox2
September 11th, 2010, 12:00
:salute::unitedstates::USA-flag::unitedstates::salute:

Aviator32
September 11th, 2010, 12:28
Remember the sun rises on the anniversary of 9/11 at least 5 hours earlier here in the UK, so it's almost inevitable that a thread will be initiated while you are still asleep over there. No need for sadness.

Only in this case it was posted at about four am on a Saturday morning UK time.
But I'm sure the sentiment is the same regardless of one's sobriety and a lot of people will have raised a glass of something today all over the world.

bkeske
September 11th, 2010, 12:31
http://thelastoutpost.com/video-1/911/thefallingman.html

Never....ever...forget.

Gramps
September 11th, 2010, 13:47
you and I were posting at the same time....and yeah I got it - thanks Gramps, admin is a tough gig sometimes

:ernae::ernae:

Paul K
September 11th, 2010, 14:03
Only in this case it was posted at about four am on a Saturday morning UK time.
But I'm sure the sentiment is the same regardless of one's sobriety and a lot of people will have raised a glass of something today all over the world.

Why on earth is his sobriety suspect ? He could be a night shift worker for all you know. And why would anyone 'raise a glass' to commemorate such an event ? Good grief.

( Ejects from thread...its turning ugly anyway )

peter12213
September 11th, 2010, 14:29
I wasn't working I was just awake actually, not drinking and certainly not raising a glass! Kinda know what you meant though! But can we please just keep to the subject I simply started this thread to let all our American friends know that even in the UK as in many other places we still remember those who were lost, including quite a few British people, as it was the World Trade Centre so many people of different nationalities were murdered that day also!

Warrant
September 11th, 2010, 14:59
Respect to those who lost their lives and to those who lost family, relatives and friends that terrible day.
Also respect to those who fight or have fought the culprit organisations that organised, supported and/or helped execute these horrable acts of inhumane terrorism.

Today, as a veteran in this war, i had a moment of silence.

gera
September 13th, 2010, 14:14
May God have all those innocents who died that day and may the devil have the killers...I hope everyone realizes who we all must fight in every way we can.....