PDA

View Full Version : Using a microphone with my PC; always a battle....

Navy Chief
September 10th, 2010, 17:53
I constantly have problems, getting a headset microphone to work properly with my PC. I rarely ever fly multiplayer with FSX, but when I do, it's with Teamspeak.

I am running Windows7, and when I CAN get my microphone to work, there is a latency problem that is enough to drive anyone nuts.

What type of headset do you folks use?

What's the secret to getting these things to work properly?

NC

Dain Arns
September 10th, 2010, 18:01
I'm a stinker I guess.
I use my laptop for Teamspeak. :icon_lol:

EDIT: Oops, it's late, need to read post better.
Logitech/WalMart special for the headset.

pilottj
September 10th, 2010, 18:06
for my Skype, Teamspeak sessions on 7 ive been using a logitech webcam/mic which picks up bodily noises, house noises just fine with no delay LOL

CodyValkyrie
September 10th, 2010, 18:21
Sad to say, but unless you are investing in VERY professional equipment, I have found that the cheap headsets that are USB work the best. They have always provided the most well rounded service, longest reliability and ease of use. I actually record with a $15 microphone compared to this super nice $89 headset sitting on my desk that I primarily use when the miss gets cranky.

warchild
September 10th, 2010, 18:26
I'm using the microphin that came with my yamaha seven channel amp. Its supposed to be used for setting up and balancing the sound output, but heh.. its a microphone.. pretty decent one too

stansdds
September 11th, 2010, 03:43
If it's an echo problem you are having, I think it has to do with the version of TS. I never had any problems with TS2, but TS3, at least the 1.0.0, causes an echo effect in my headset.