PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Baytower's site is back up...

Sundog
September 9th, 2010, 19:10
...and running. I hadn't noticed it until recently and don't recall reading it here, so I just thought I would let you guys know. The RV-7 is progressing nicely.

Check it out at the BayTower (http://baytower.ca/) forum.

skyhawka4m
September 9th, 2010, 19:13
Seems I've been waiting forever for this one to be done. there's another in the works but I'm not sure what the status is there either.

ryanbatc
September 9th, 2010, 19:32
Interesting, the entire VC seems to be Reality XP gauges, from their FLT N and T as well as the GNS530W.... hopefully those are just placeholders...

Lotus
September 9th, 2010, 20:39
I think this plane is going to be great. I met Daniel last year at his house for a beer and a chat (we both live in Vancouver) and flew his RV-7 for awhile. Looked great, flew beautifully, felt very real. The modeling work he has put into it is awesome. That last 10% of the project can take as long as the previous 90%... nature of the beast. :)

-Mike

hews500d
September 10th, 2010, 04:21
Interesting, the entire VC seems to be Reality XP gauges, from their FLT N and T as well as the GNS530W.... hopefully those are just placeholders...

I think the analog gauges are 3d. Not sure about the GPS and transponder if they're Reality XP??

Darrell

ryanbatc
September 10th, 2010, 06:51
The one shot of the main panel looks like all the RXP gauges slapped on the panel, they don't look 3d at all. I'm confident the GPS is the RXP unit. Like I said, probably just placeholders for the final version.

hews500d
September 10th, 2010, 07:48
Look at the 3rd photo down on this post. To me it looks like the needles and "pegs" on the engine instruments are modeled rather than a bitmap projection. The top and bottom engine gauges seem like they're a little easier to see than the middle one. The HSI looks like there may be individually modeled components in there too, hard to tell...

http://baytower.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62&sid=93c5adb251a15a227cd323069177c994

Either way, it looks like it's going to be a nice one to have in the hangar. :wavey:

Darrell

falcon409
September 10th, 2010, 07:55
Yep, those are better images than what I'd seen before and the gauges do appear to be modeled.:salute: