PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the p-47's Jaycee BRAVO..

HouseHobbit
September 8th, 2010, 11:06
Thanks very much for the P-47's I like the old Jug..
and these are great!!
BRAVO...:salute: :salute: :salute:

jaycee
September 8th, 2010, 13:14
Thanks very much for the P-47's I like the old Jug..
and these are great!!
BRAVO...:salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks HH. Glad you like em

Led Zeppelin
September 8th, 2010, 21:47
yep, thanks for these improvments.

OldCrow
September 10th, 2010, 10:44
I love the P-47s, THANK YOU!!!

I've been waiting a long time for the dorsil fin addition for the D-30. I love the "N" model and am hoping you use those GMax skills to elongate and square the wings. A great "N" is is a great idea for it was probably the best T-Bolt overall.

Again, thank you very much for improving a VERY important American warbird.

OldCrow
September 10th, 2010, 12:09
I'm curious, is there any way to make the modified P-47s with the Dorsil fins use the stock skin with the stock painted stripes, nose art, and lettering? I like to use them for my AI.

So far I was able to get the stock skin to work, but the random/changable stuff(stripes, nose art, and lettering) doesn't seem to function.

Anyway to this? I'd appreciate it.

jaycee
September 10th, 2010, 13:54
I'm curious, is there any way to make the modified P-47s with the Dorsil fins use the stock skin with the stock painted stripes, nose art, and lettering? I like to use them for my AI.

So far I was able to get the stock skin to work, but the random/changable stuff(stripes, nose art, and lettering) doesn't seem to function.

Anyway to this? I'd appreciate it.

Yes i think it can be done, if you have a hex editor, rename the m3d file from one of the n models, to the name of the stock p47 m3d. paste into the stock p47 folder and overwrite. open with hex editor and change any relevant file names. for example you need to change the names of the two .dds entries. Someone may help more with this but i think thats it. Copy anything you want to change before you start, and save it somewhere safe, Delete the BDP.

jaycee
September 10th, 2010, 13:56
I love the P-47s, THANK YOU!!!

I've been waiting a long time for the dorsil fin addition for the D-30. I love the "N" model and am hoping you use those GMax skills to elongate and square the wings. A great "N" is is a great idea for it was probably the best T-Bolt overall.

Again, thank you very much for improving a VERY important American warbird.

Sorry i never new about the wings, i just had some left side profiles to hand.

OldCrow
September 10th, 2010, 19:34
Sorry i never new about the wings, i just had some left side profiles to hand.
Yeah friend, it has longer wings with square wingtips. added fuel tanks for longer range.

Also, the later D's(D-28, 30, 40, etc.) through the P-47M's also had dive flaps under the outer sections of the wings(similair to the P-38J's). Though this would might be difficult to add to the visual model through GMax, I added a post a while back in the knowledge base thread on how to add dive brakes to the AIR/Config files that are usable in the sim. Dive brakes are very useful on a craft like a T-Bolt. I use these on my D-30 and M, much fun diving down on planes from hi-altitude at 500+mph!

OldCrow
September 11th, 2010, 13:54
I did my best with the Hex Editor and M3D file. I can't seem to make the stock .DDS files that have the extra stripes, letters, and noseart work. I just don't get it I guess.

I really love the dorsil fin...it always bugged me that the P-47 line stopped at the D-25 when there was far more D-30's and up made.

ndicki
September 11th, 2010, 23:52
I did my best with the Hex Editor and M3D file. I can't seem to make the stock .DDS files that have the extra stripes, letters, and noseart work. I just don't get it I guess.

What exactly are you trying to do? The noseart and so forth are governed by the mos file, not the dds skin.

phrog_phixer
September 12th, 2010, 05:52
Yes....as ndicki is saying, use the stock skins and the .mos file. The .mos directs the placement of the stripes. There are also seven "p_47d_25_ct_bw_******.dds" files which must be in the texture folder - these are for the coloring.

Most of us using the sim over the years have omitted the striping and lettering because of historical innaccuracy. Also they interfere with any repaints. However as ndicki demonstrated in one of his early Bf 109G repaints, they can still be useful. Check out this link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=5460

ndicki
September 12th, 2010, 07:13
For some reason, I can no longer get that to work! I think I've modded my installs once too often.

OldCrow
September 12th, 2010, 09:26
Oh yes...I use the edited MOS for the German craft. I think you guys are right, I'll try to tamper with the P-47 to get use of the random stuff again. Thank you

OldCrow
September 12th, 2010, 10:41
Yes it was the .MOS file. You have to rename it the same as the 3 main .DDS files.

Thanks for the help gents.
And of course thanks again for the new P-47's Jaycee!!! I've waited a long time for them and I love them!!!:jump:

ndicki
September 12th, 2010, 11:17
The mos file has to have the same name as the _t.dds it refers to. What you call the other sheets, specular and reflective, doesn't matter one bit.