PDA

View Full Version : FSPS - FSX Booster

Pepere
September 7th, 2010, 15:01
Okay, who will be the first to try this out?

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2707

David

falcon409
September 7th, 2010, 15:07
Another "Snake Oil" remedy. . . .sorry not me.:salute:

BOOM
September 7th, 2010, 15:13
I'll buy a bridge before I buy that:running:

heywooood
September 7th, 2010, 15:49
I suppose it would sell to someone who never visited a forum - who had FSX - and who somehow understood that they weren't getting all they could out of the program based on their limited knowledge of computers...lets face it - if someone has a computer and a software program like FSX and doesn't visit forums...they just can't be very tech savvy...

on the other hand - who here hasn't tried everything from .cfg tweaks to chicken bones and chanting to get FSX to perform better?....there just couldn't be anything in Perfesser Marvels bag thats new to us

this isn't Kansas - and while I was born in the morning...it wasn't THIS morning

$30.00 and FSX will "perform as well as it can, given your individual computers' spec." more or less

talk about a disclaimer

Shylock
September 7th, 2010, 16:46
Not me. I'd type something funny but you guys put some good ones.

BOOM
September 7th, 2010, 17:36
Yeah heywood,Great point,Before I knew a little something I knew absolutely NOTHING.:icon_lol:

TeaSea
September 8th, 2010, 02:47
Bet you're naked under your clothes.....

txnetcop
September 8th, 2010, 04:07
I can't help but laugh every time I see one of these BOOSTERS. LOL Most of the time if you set your system up correctly you don't need a booster of any kind. There are systems out there that just cannot run FSX well and a booster is not going to help you. Most of the time due to a cheap motherboard chipset, underpowered CPU, or bottlenecks in the system setup. Oh well...
Ted

Snave
September 8th, 2010, 05:03
I can't help but laugh every time I see one of these BOOSTERS. LOL Most of the time if you set your system up correctly you don't need a booster of any kind. There are systems out there that just cannot run FSX well and a booster is not going to help you. Most of the time due to a cheap motherboard chipset, underpowered CPU, or bottlenecks in the system setup. Oh well...
Ted

Quite right. Many `performance problems` are simply nothing more than unreasonable expectations or failing to recognise where the bottlenecks are in the individual system.

And I've never understood the principle of handing over control of your computer to some generic device that simply cannot consider ALL the possible permutations and recommend or change accordingly! This device cannot change RAM timings, control BIOS, or switch between soundcards to see what the performance impact might be. I can, even though I'm not an expert, i can read, learn, apply and verify the result on MY system, with MY changes.

FSGS is the only twekaing solution that I would hand to anothers control, but I'd still prefer to make any changes myself, do them one at a time, check and confirm.

That said, I haven't seen anything here on this package that hasn't already been touted around the forums, so it's not doing anything new... as a summation of `knowledge` perhaps it has a place..?

peter12213
September 8th, 2010, 08:18
I downloaded this because I was getting stuttering on my new system and I couldn't get rid of it, but remembered using this tool in the past and now my fsx is running as sweet as a nut! http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/69-fsl-texturefix-v11zip/ I'd back up your fsx.cfg before hand so you can revert if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you!

gera
September 8th, 2010, 08:36
Beleive it or not.....I have been using a "Game Booster" for over two years and the dam thing works, without it I would get around 19-22 fps, with it they are always above 30....and itīs not my nerves guys!!!!!!!....ok, I have changed video cards twice in the mean time...Oh well, Beleive it or not....(loved those little books that were available around the 50s and 60s...Beleive it or Not......

sblzei
September 8th, 2010, 10:01
I applied the tweak described in the SOH's FSX TWEAKS Subforum and titled

"~ Thank you Jesus ~ Jesus Altuve, that is. * FSX Important *

This simple trick really enhanced the performance of my rig, to the point that I have been able to increase considerably the levers settings of FSX without any drawback. I can now enjoy smooth flights in the Western USA Blue Sky sceneries.
Not only it does not cost a thing, but I saved money instead, since I could drop the idea of getting a new video card.

I believe this post has been overlooked by most readers, and should be worth more attention.

THANKS "BOXCAR" FOR BRINGING THIS UP!!! :applause::applause::applause:

warchild
September 8th, 2010, 10:26
Meh, yeahh. Game Booster works. I'm just too lazy to turn it on every time i want to fly. And since i do a lot of video recording to help me when i'm working, i'm not too certain Game Booster will do anything for the sledge hammer that fraps hits me with ( 70 fps to 7 fps instantaneously ).

txnetcop
September 8th, 2010, 10:44
I applied the tweak described in the SOH's FSX TWEAKS Subforum and titled

"~ Thank you Jesus ~ Jesus Altuve, that is. * FSX Important *

This simple trick really enhanced the performance of my rig, to the point that I have been able to increase considerably the levers settings of FSX without any drawback. I can now enjoy smooth flights in the Western USA Blue Sky sceneries.
Not only it does not cost a thing, but I saved money instead, since I could drop the idea of getting a new video card.

I believe this post has been overlooked by most readers, and should be worth more attention.

THANKS "BOXCAR" FOR BRINGING THIS UP!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Yes this is a tweak that works on most ATI video card systems even many Nvidia GPUs and costs nothing! I would never pay for a all-in-one. There is too much out there that is free. Besides if you learn what is in your computer and what makes it work best you will always know how to enhance it's capabilities.
Ted

sblzei
September 8th, 2010, 13:02
My general specs are:
2CPU Intel 6600 @ 2.4 GHz
NVidia GTS 8800 256 Mb
Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits

I also use Game Booster (V. 1.51), freeware from IObit

papab
September 8th, 2010, 14:34
Beleive it or not.....I have been using a "Game Booster" for over two years and the dam thing works, without it I would get around 19-22 fps, with it they are always above 30....and itīs not my nerves guys!!!!!!!....ok, I have changed video cards twice in the mean time...Oh well, Beleive it or not....(loved those little books that were available around the 50s and 60s...Beleive it or Not......

Gera,Been using Game Booster for about 1 year. I have an XP 32 bit system and it does help my FPS-
Here is the link for anyone that is intrested: http://www.iobit.com/

peter12213
September 8th, 2010, 16:51
Thanks Papa I've just downloaded it and I'll let you guys know the results in the morning!

txnetcop
September 8th, 2010, 18:22
Peter I had that you had to pay for that software to improve your framerates...that improvement probably will not last as you add scenery, aircraft, and addons like REX and/or GEX. If you can run your processor up over the 3.5 Ghz you will have less trouble keeping good frame-rates. There may be bottlenecks in the component parts that they put together for you. I don't know what chipset you are running on the motherboard, or the AMD CPU, nor the GPU on your graphics card. I believe you have a 775 socket system CPU in that case low or fragmented bandwidth will be the issue. If you need help identifying it I have a free download that will give all the information on your computer. Since it is a custom build it may be over-clockable. We need to check that possibility and if you have adequate cooling. If so, I will help you if you like. First, though let's see how IOBIT's software helps in connection with your other booster.
Ted