PDA

View Full Version : for all of the airplane makers out there....an XP-79!

Jim Brown
September 6th, 2010, 10:09
Saw the XP-79 "Flying Ram" on wikipedia today, and thought that this would be a pretty cool plane to have in FSX. But between classes and all, I do not have the time to learn how to make it myself. So, if anyone wants to take up the challenge......:ernae: :salute::ernae:

Bjoern
September 6th, 2010, 11:28
Looks...peculiar.

But between classes and all, I do not have the time to learn how to make it myself.

That's no excuse. If you really want to, you'll manage. ;)

warchild
September 6th, 2010, 16:56
Looks...peculiar.

;)

not really any more peculiar than the jeep ( the airborne one ). Actually, its kinda cute ya know??

Piglet
September 6th, 2010, 18:39
Somewhere on my "list". Too bad it killed its pilot on its first and only flight.
And that "Flying Ram" bit is pure bunk!
Some one saw that the XP-79 had armor plating in the leading edges, and thought it would be good PR. That armor was really there to protect the fuel tanks and ammo bins. Who would want to fly a plane with dinged up leading edges? Would it even remain controllable?

Jim Brown
September 6th, 2010, 19:40
Somewhere on my "list".

Really? That's great...I had you in mind when I posted the thread, didn't want to be specific though, lol. What are you working on now that you've finished the Porter? Thanks for every one of the planes you've made, better than most of the payware that's out there.:ernae: :salute::ernae:

Who would want to fly a plane with dinged up leading edges? Would it even remain controllable?

often wondered the same thing myself. Plus, who's that crazy? Even if it did survive and managed to keep on flying, imagine the gunk that the engines would ingest. One of the turbines would throw a compressor blade, and that'd end your week real quick.

Bjoern
September 7th, 2010, 09:50
Actually, its kinda cute ya know??

It looks more sci-fi to me. Could be straight out of a 1990s space opera.