PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Nimoy - In Search Of Amazons

FAC257
September 5th, 2010, 13:11
A trip up the length of the Amazon at low altitude in an amphib. This has been another adventure I've had in mind for quite some time. I've done the entire Nile and Mississippi Rivers from end to end at low level in amphibs already.

Skimming along at 500'.
http://a.imageshack.us/img259/8159/fsscr003n.jpg

The flight plan is 1720 miles, starting at Chaves Airport (SNXW), Brazil on the coast and ends under the foot of the Andes at Quincemil (SPIL), Peru. It's got 55 waypoints with 18 riverside airports along the way.

I've spotted a couple of likely end points while flying over the Andes on different flights, but was never quite sure if I could find a continuous waterway all the way from the coast.

I've already spotted one "Great Mystery Of The Amazon" a few miles back, but haven't had time to edit those shots yet. :)

FAC

FAC257
September 5th, 2010, 14:20
While cruising along look for a glimps of a famed leopard skin wearing Amazon Woman, I spotted this monolithic structure off in the distance.

Upon closer inspection, I believe it's one of the few remaining fabled water pyramids of the lost Aquatonian Civilization that vanished mysteriously from the Amazon region 1000s of years ago. :)

I actually attempted a water landing on it going up hill, which didn't work out quite the way I planned. I think it can be done with a little luck.

17803 17804 17805

FAC

NoShades
September 5th, 2010, 17:46
Woops.. an easter egg poly point mistake..or you have where someone placed a bgl runway and it skewed it up like that..I know I have made a few gulleys and mountains placing runways..
Here I go up the Amazon in my Rita boat from the movie (Black lagoon) on a hunt for big feetshttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif

vora
September 5th, 2010, 23:35
Looks like a perfect place for Gera's adventures :d

gera
September 6th, 2010, 08:53
Looks like a perfect place for Gera's adventures :d

I have made many, check them out. The Amazonas Region is wonderful and lots of flying around the big river as well as the thousands of tributaries. Love the place.

FAC257
September 6th, 2010, 09:07
Looking at the GPS and maps, I've spotted another continuous river route back out to the coast.
It starts in the mountains just a little NW of my final destination (SPIL) on this river leg. The starting airport will be SPHY, and then from there it makes a large loop more northward in the Amazon Basin than this route on the way in.

Guess I'll be lost in the Amazon a bit longer. :)

FAC

Odie
September 6th, 2010, 11:35
While cruising along look for a glimps of a famed leopard skin wearing Amazon Woman, I spotted this monolithic structure off in the distance.

Upon closer inspection, I believe it's one of the few remaining fabled water pyramids of the lost Aquatonian Civilization that vanished mysteriously from the Amazon region 1000s of years ago. :)

I actually attempted a water landing on it going up hill, which didn't work out quite the way I planned. I think it can be done with a little luck.

17803 17804 17805

FAC

FAC, I like the paint yer using...nice! Unfortunately, for one to find the Amazon women, one must follow the standard set forth in 1940's movie serials and 1950's movies, and crash first! It works every time....at least on film! :icon_lol:

FAC257
September 6th, 2010, 11:48
Odie, that's just the default FSX Goose paint listed as "Bare Metal". It seemed very appropriate.

I knew about the crashing formula for attracting the Amazons, but if I'm not mistaken don't you have to also be flying an old twin tail Beech or Lockheed. Those were the only two I remember crashing into the jungle in those films. :)

FAC

vora
September 6th, 2010, 15:00
I have made many, check them out. The Amazonas Region is wonderful and lots of flying around the big river as well as the thousands of tributaries. Love the place.
I have enjoyed them already.
I just thought you're the right person to spin a story around this Amazonas "anomaly". ;)

gera
September 7th, 2010, 07:23
I have enjoyed them already.
I just thought you're the right person to spin a story around this Amazonas "anomaly". ;)

.......much obligated for your kind words.....

Up near Abrazores, near the border of Peru, from where the mighty Amazon river comes from, there is a strange "sink hole" or "crater" which the natives say that on two nights a year a strange glow is seen. Dr. Ernesto Bieloggi from the Museum of Strange Phenomena in Torino, Italy is making up a party to investigate it. With him, his daughter, Anima which is coming along too are at the present looking for two pilots to fly them over the abundant jungle of the area...Itīs 1938 and pilots flying in the area are not easily found!!.........:kilroy::kilroy:.