PDA

View Full Version : Personal question for Mr Tim "Piglet" Conrad (Not a request!)

huub vink
September 3rd, 2010, 14:24
Dear Tim, while I was flying your latests model this morning (thank you btw), I suddenly realised the amount of very nice model you gave to the community.

My personal favourites are the Kingfisher and SAAB J-21, but although I'm not a GA man I have the feeling I will fly the Porter quite often as well.

While flying I was wondering whether you, as creator of all these models, have a favourite model as well?

And as the thread could become very short does anyone else have a particular favourite peculiar model?

Cheers,
Huub

PRB
September 3rd, 2010, 14:33
A great question! My favorite TC plane is the A1 Skyraider, the XP-56, and the OV-10. And may a couple of others too! Thanks, Tim!
:ernae:

heywooood
September 3rd, 2010, 14:36
I love 'em all - thank you so much Tim Conrad

and this makes me think that maybe its time for a new 'stickie' list of all freeware FSX pure planes, since there have been many changes since the last list...

if I must pick one Peculiarity - I suppose it would be the Porter - but the UPF-7 and the Grumman AA5 and the Os2U and the Bronco and...

like I said - dude's got one hell of a sock drawer

I hope a redo of the Great Lakes 2T-1A is in there somewheres...

djscoo
September 3rd, 2010, 14:37
Love the OV-10, A-1, Zlin and the Mite.

Lionheart
September 3rd, 2010, 16:42
I would think/speculate that Tim loves that little yellow flying wing, or one of his Star Wars ships...

Speculating of course...

Bill

skyblazer3
September 3rd, 2010, 19:31
I find myself flying his T-33 more and more.... especially with Ed's paint jobs and the new flight model.

Piglet
September 3rd, 2010, 19:38
Ummm... Not sure of the question. Are you asking which of my planes is my fave, or a plane I would like to make?

Panther_99FS
September 3rd, 2010, 19:43
Tim,
I *think* Huub is asking which one of your fine creations do you personally like the most :jump:

Z-IanMCD
September 4th, 2010, 00:08
Hi there,

I'm new here, but have known Tim's models for quite some time. My personal favourites are the Skyraiders and the Bronco.

Would love to know which one is Tim's fav though!

Cheers,

Ian

huub vink
September 4th, 2010, 03:18
Ummm... Not sure of the question. Are you asking which of my planes is my fave, or a plane I would like to make?

As usual Panther is right. There is a great variety in the type of aircrafts you make. Modern, vintage, jets, GA, name it and you have made at least one model in this category . This made we wonder which one of your own creations you like best.

After I had posted this thread I realised there is one of your (older) models I still fly quite often. Although it is not a FSX model I do fly it in FSX without any problems. It has some modifications like a new panel based on the KeDi gauges. (Can't remember who did it, but it looks great!) And of course I fly it with the lovely textures done by Steve "Stalin" Baldwin.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/PigletStorch_1.jpg

Cazzie
September 4th, 2010, 03:31
I know Piglet can't name a favorite, because I have almost everything he's done and I can't name a favorite. If I took flying time, the Storch would win in FS9 and the Mooney Mini-Mite is my all-time first flyer in FSX. What is great about Piglet is you just never know what's going to be next and it is always something different from the main-liner types of aircraft one sees.

Now Piglet, didn't you start an XP-55? That's needed to complete my rump-powered stable of aircraft. :icon_lol:

And with Piglet's Paint Kits, his aircraft are the easiest of the lot to paint. Piglet, you're the total package wrapped in one for this Flight Sim community.

Caz

txnetcop
September 4th, 2010, 03:49
I was trying to think of a favorite of Tim's heck I fly them all. If I had to pick just one I couldn't do it!
Ted

kilo delta
September 4th, 2010, 04:00
Tim,
I *think* Huub is asking which one of your fine creations do you personally like the most :jump:

That'd be like asking someone to pick their favourite among their own children! :d

I don't know how he does it...but with each release he manages to surpass the last! Thanks for all you have given to the flightsim community,Tim. :salute::ernae:

jimjones
September 4th, 2010, 04:22
The OV-10. In fs9 the Storch. Thanks Tim

stiz
September 4th, 2010, 04:44
the monomail :wiggle:

txnetcop
September 4th, 2010, 05:01
the monomail :wiggle:
Yep still got a love affair going for the Monomail

Marvin Carter
September 4th, 2010, 06:25
Storch!!!

Sundog
September 4th, 2010, 09:14
For me it's the Skyraider. No the PC-7. The Tucano. Wait, ask me again in five minutes so I can change my answer....:ernae:

Helldiver
September 4th, 2010, 11:07
Thank you Tim for everything you've done.
My favorites are the OS2U-2 because of the complexity of the aircarft and It's an aircarft I'm familier with at the Winter Island Coast Guard base before the war.
Also the North American OV-10, a worthy aircraft that not a lot of stories have been told. It really should have gone for a light transport in Alaska as Tim had predicted.

heywooood
September 4th, 2010, 12:45
cant forget the Loach...

OBIO
September 4th, 2010, 13:00
Yep, lot's a fine Piglet Planes out there. Have been flying his work since CFS2. My favorites are his FS2004 F-5 series, OV-1 and OV-10 series and his T-28s. Haven't been able to check out his FSX stuff yet....I have FSX, but my system will not run it well enough for me to enjoy it. Someday perhaps.....

OBIO

peter12213
September 4th, 2010, 13:28
I think the PC7 is my favourite, though the new Porter could very well get some major use! Infact I dont think Tim has ever made and aircraft I dont really enjoy. I think in part th fact he obviously doesn't sleep or rest at all is a major factor of the popularity of him and his productions!

Dain Arns
September 4th, 2010, 13:37
X-24A.
It was fun to see how high you could get before the glide back to Earth.

Also the N-9MB.
Always been a fan of the flying wing designs.

Lateral-G
September 4th, 2010, 14:29
Mine would have to be the OV-1D.....

-G-

CG_1976
September 4th, 2010, 14:34
My favorite Piglet AC's are the Tucano and An-32.

Piglet
September 4th, 2010, 19:22
Every plane is my fave when I'm building it. By the time I'm done with a plane, I'm sick of it, and go off to something else!:jump:
Honestly, I can't pick a fave. I don't build planes I hate, so they all gotta be faves....

Cag40Navy
September 4th, 2010, 22:22
X-24A.

Also the N-9MB.

Those both FSX titles? Did not know he made those.

Bjoern
September 5th, 2010, 07:21
Meyers 200D, MS-760 and PC-7 for me. At least these are the ones I have installed.

Tako_Kichi
September 5th, 2010, 08:18
Meyers 200D, MS-760 and PC-7 for me.
Those are my three most flown ones too (all in my paints of course).

Closely followed by the A-1H/J and the A-29B although the Porter is seeing a lot of airtime while I work on paints.

huub vink
September 5th, 2010, 08:23
Every plane is my fave when I'm building it. By the time I'm done with a plane, I'm sick of it, and go off to something else!:jump:
Honestly, I can't pick a fave. I don't build planes I hate, so they all gotta be faves....

Thanks for the answer, it sounds logical. Did you ever create a model, from which you afterwards thought; "why the heck did I build that?"

Cheers,
Huub

warchild
September 5th, 2010, 08:43
My favorite plane is the one i'm working on no matter which one that is.. Generally, by the time i'm done with a plane i'm as sick of it as i can be as well, no matter how much pride i might take in it. My current project may break the norm though. I think i did one video to show it off, the rest ive done for me showing off in it. There's something almost magical with this plane and this team i've been blessed with the fortune of working with, and i'm not growing tired of it as I normally do. In fact, i just keep liking it better all the time. It's damned hard to be patient.

Bjoern
September 5th, 2010, 09:26
Those are my three most flown ones too (all in my paints of course).

I've got some paints for the MS, but only one (or none) for the 200D.

They're all available here on SOH, right? If so I'll take a peek and download some.
I've always thought the Meyers got too little attention for its slight awesomeness (300kph+ cruise!).

norab
September 5th, 2010, 10:01
The Storch for me. Thank you for sharing your talents so freely Piglet :salute::ernae:

Tako_Kichi
September 5th, 2010, 11:36
I've got some paints for the MS, but only one (or none) for the 200D.

They're all available here on SOH, right? If so I'll take a peek and download some.
I think I put one up here for the 200D but you will have to look in the 'archive' for it using my user name in the search area. It comes with a nice wood fascia too!

Oh what the heck I just searched for ya....here's the 200D....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13764

...and this is a mod to add black bezels to all the gauges on the wood fascia....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13889

I've always thought the Meyers got too little attention for its slight awesomeness (300kph+ cruise!).
It is mostly forgotten IMHO both as Piglet's model and in the real world although the few remaining RW examples are much sought after now as they still out-fly a lot of modern birds. If I remember correctly it was one of (if not the) fastest non-turbo GA's ever built.

Bjoern
September 5th, 2010, 14:17
Thanks! Just downloaded the paint, even though I'll probably discard the wood panel. If it ain't a yacht and it's moving, it doesn't deserve wood. :d

Bill L.'s and Rich S.'s Navion has been widely ignored as well, at least I don't know of any repaints for it (save the WIP one on my HDD). It's such a nice and fast ride, even kind of high tech with my modded glass panel.
Sad to see the hotrods among the pistons being flown so seldomly. Shows that most other sim pilots have absolutely no taste in aircraft, lol. :d

Cag40Navy
September 5th, 2010, 15:23
I like all of his aircraft, makes some really nice ones might i add,

blazefox2
September 5th, 2010, 20:11
His OH-6 really helped me get the hang of flying a helo!

Cag40Navy
September 5th, 2010, 21:15
X-24A.

Also the N-9MB.

Were did you find these?