PDA

View Full Version : how?

Hern07
November 20th, 2008, 20:55
I hate to ask this, the answer is probably out there starring me in the face. How do you take off from a carrier in mission builder? I know it has to be in CC's Mission Builder Handbook, but I can't find it. :redf:

Ravenna
November 20th, 2008, 22:05
Her07,
First place your carrier with its waypoints, then place your plane's first WP near the carrier's first WP. Next nominate your first WP as a takeoff and MB should boot your first WP above the carrier's first WP.

Jagdflieger
November 20th, 2008, 22:20
Ravenna has it.

To pontificate further, just select the route tab>Action: Take off

Be sure the airplane's first way point or start point is highlighted or you won't get the "take off" option. Also, if you have multiple carriers in your task force, place your plane over the carrier you want to take off from before selecting "take off," or the MB may place you on a carrier that you don't want to be on.

Ravenna
November 21st, 2008, 16:35
Thanks Jagd. I should have mentioned that the player's aircraft has to be highlighted.

Hern07
November 21st, 2008, 17:07
Thanks y"all. I had even tried editing an airbase.dat file, didn't work. But I got to thinking. Would it be possible for someone to build an "airbase" that was the deck of a CV? Even so, I don't know if it would be worth the effort. :d

The B24 Guy
November 21st, 2008, 18:49
Thanks y"all. I had even tried editing an airbase.dat file, didn't work. But I got to thinking. Would it be possible for someone to build an "airbase" that was the deck of a CV? Even so, I don't know if it would be worth the effort. :d

That is a trick that you can use to get the AI to take-off from the CV.

Regards,
B24Guy

Hern07
November 21st, 2008, 19:06
That is a trick that you can use to get the AI to take-off from the CV.

Regards,
B24Guy

Opps, I should check out the Netwings forum more often. :redf:

EC_ILO
November 22nd, 2008, 02:07

Check the Martin Wright Hawaii scenery with the jap and u.s.a. fleets...

Hern07
November 22nd, 2008, 17:20
From EC_ILO Check the Martin Wright Hawaii scenery with the jap and u.s.a. fleets...

I went to MW's web page found the Hawaii scenery, but could not download it. Got the "This webpage cannot be found" message. Also, I want to mention that B-24 Guy has alrady downloaded a tutorial on this subject in the Netwing's forum. http://forums.netwings.org/forums/showthread.php?t=637