PDA

View Full Version : POSTITIONING AIRCRAFT FOR COLD START

LCBORDEN
August 31st, 2010, 06:25
I have been trying to figure out how to position the aircraft in appropriate parking areas, not on the active runway prior to flight. In the Old FS5 you started every flight in parking, needing to start up, taxi into position etc. I have been unable to figure out how to do this in FSX. So all you experts...HELP!! I suspect it is something easy or silly and I will look a bit "SLOW" for not having figured it out....however I am an OLD MARINE....so that should explain everything.....thanks for the help.

OL' Jarhead :wavey:

Daube
August 31st, 2010, 06:31
When you select the airport, you have one field in which you can choose "active runway", or one of the parking spaces.

Tako_Kichi
August 31st, 2010, 06:55
As Daube says there is a drop down menu in the dialogue box for selecting the airport which will show available parking spaces. Not all airports have them however, it depends on how large they are and how they were configured originally.

If you want all your aircraft to start cold and dark then position the 172 (use this as it is the easiest to set) at a parking place then shut down everything (including the batteries as they don't last more than a few minutes in FSX) and save the flight as 'Default'. All aircraft will then start cold and dark.

flyer01
August 31st, 2010, 08:58
When you save the setting cold and dark you must still be in the sim. Lift click your mouse, show your bar at the top of the screen, click flight then save, name your flight and make that flight your defalt then save. You are then taken back to your plane. Continue your flight or shut the flight down. After that what ever plane you are in will start cold and dark and in the same place as the defalt.

flyer01

LCBORDEN
September 1st, 2010, 04:16
Thank you!! your suggestions are just what I've been trying to figure out. Will implement them next time I go simming. looking forward to not sitting on the active as a 747 approaches, trying to cold start a multi-engine slug...while the 747 looms larger and larger in my mirrors...the feeling a squashed bug must get just before the boot heel lands on it...Thanks once again.

Ol' Jarhead:wavey: