PDA

View Full Version : The BEST way to see Colorado ...

Snuffy
August 30th, 2010, 08:09
This is it! (http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/08/29/businessman-maps-colorado-beer-drinkers-guide/?test=faces)

I'll drink to that! LOL!

jmig
August 30th, 2010, 09:07
I saw that this morning. I sent it to a very liberal friend who hates Fox News. I told her, "See what you are missing." She is a beer connoisseur and once spent a vacation doing just that. Sampling the beers of Colorado.

Jagdflieger
August 30th, 2010, 10:03
Ah yes... The Rock Slide Brew Pub in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Railrunner130
August 30th, 2010, 16:41
I brought back a case of various Colorado beers on a recent trip. I haven't had any yet. - Waiting on a special occasion.

Jagdflieger
August 30th, 2010, 17:54
Don't wait too long Railrunner. Beer has a definate shelf life that depends on the type and amount of hops used as well as how it's stored.

The only beers/ales that I know of that actually get better with age are a few of the Belgian brews. Chimay comes to mind, but there are others. They can be a bit pricey, even in the military's Class VI stores. They remind me of a sparkling wine in a way and are even bottled like champagne complete with a cork that'll fly accross the dining room. I think that I'd rather drink them than sparkling wine or champagne.

Railrunner130
August 31st, 2010, 03:11
All my beer is either in the basement closet or fridge. Knock on wood, I've had good luck keeping beer for long amounts of time. Cool and dark is the way to go. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm more of a bottle collector than drinker. It will all be consumed, but the question is when.

I'm not much into the big brands, but I do have several expensive bottles of Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock that I purchased last year. I imagine they will age wonderfully.