PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Revisited

gajit
August 29th, 2010, 23:45
I never got around to re installing the fantastic Skysim Hawk when I had to start afresh wth FSX.

I was amazed to find that 2nd time around i had no problems activating this superb product.

Rick - if your reading - tx again for one of the best value products made to date :salute:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/hawk.jpg

falcon409
August 30th, 2010, 04:09
I'd have to agree there, Rick did a superb job on the Hawk. . .and if someone from Skysim would answer my e-mails I might be able to get it reinstalled as well, lol. 2 weeks and still no reply. I need a new link to download it after losing the original file.

Beautiful airplane!:salute:

kilo delta
August 30th, 2010, 04:20
One of my favourite aircraft in FSX. I regularly take it through a virtual "mach loop". I wonder if their are any plans for other Hawk variants..ie.T2,single seaters as FSX native addons?

falcon409
August 30th, 2010, 17:30
Anyone know who runs Skysim, or how better to contact someone there? I'm still trying to get someone to answer e-mails to get the download link in my account activated again (still have 4 downloads available) so I can download this airplane.

Thanks!:salute:

DaveKDEN
August 30th, 2010, 17:51
Anyone know who runs Skysim, or how better to contact someone there? I'm still trying to get someone to answer e-mails to get the download link in my account activated again (still have 4 downloads available) so I can download this airplane.

Thanks!:salute:

I haven't bought the Hawk, but where did you send your e-mail? The only one I can seem to find on their site is "info@skysim.co.uk"

falcon409
August 30th, 2010, 18:04
I haven't bought the Hawk, but where did you send your e-mail? The only one I can seem to find on their site is "info@skysim.co.uk"
Yea, I'm guessing that's where it went, I just used the "contact us" link.

DaveKDEN
August 30th, 2010, 18:25
Seems like they just kind of faded away. Too bad - and certainly not good for customer service.

Maybe try Rick Piper directly at rick_piper@btopenworld.com (rick_piper@btopenworld.com)

Don't know if it's still a valid e-mail though.

falcon409
August 30th, 2010, 19:06
Seems like they just kind of faded away. Too bad - and certainly not good for customer service.

Maybe try Rick Piper directly at rick_piper@btopenworld.com (rick_piper@btopenworld.com)

Don't know if it's still a valid e-mail though.
Just sent off an e-mail. Hopefully it's still a working addy. Thanks for the suggestion Dave.:salute:

rohan
August 30th, 2010, 19:32
Ed,
the best way to contact Rick is to either post at CBFS (http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/) or send him a PM through there - I know he's rather busy with real life at the moment, so there may be a little delay before he replies,
best regards,
Ro

Tranquil
August 31st, 2010, 07:22
One of my favourite aircraft in FSX. I regularly take it through a virtual "mach loop". I wonder if their are any plans for other Hawk variants..ie.T2,single seaters as FSX native addons?

There is a T2, Rick was kind enough to send me an early beta of it some time ago, i dont know how it is coming along in development though.....

kilo delta
August 31st, 2010, 07:34
There is a T2, Rick was kind enough to send me an early beta of it some time ago, i dont know how it is coming along in development though.....

Wow..that's great news. Hopefully it'll get released. :)

falcon409
August 31st, 2010, 22:35
Found the original files saved to a DVD I had not marked. It was in a case with what I assumed were all new, unused DVD's. WooHoo!!:jump:

guzler
September 1st, 2010, 09:17
This is my worry about modern software policies with limited downloads or installations. If they cease to trade, you lose something you've purchased once you've maxed out.

falcon409
September 1st, 2010, 10:02
This is my worry about modern software policies with limited downloads or installations. If they cease to trade, you lose something you've purchased once you've maxed out.
Yep and this company and this product in particular. Apparently Skysim was bought from the original owners. The new owners are apparently not interested in customer service since it's been almost two weeks now since my e-mails to them. The Hawk has a very convoluted activation system that requires you to first install, then run an activation program, copy or make a screen of the code that's generated out of the activation program and send that to Skysim, in turn, they will send you an activation code that must then be typed into the activation screen to make the jet usable, lol.

Now, how long do you think you'd have to wait for that code to come back to you now. . .when no one seems to be manning the website? This is also a company that never paid the designer for the development and production of the Hawk.

italoc
September 2nd, 2010, 08:35
Hi guys
I've been able to reinstall it few days ago using the rather "complex" procedure of activation but ....... once ready to take-off got stuck with the message appearing at top of the screen telling me that I have 290" before the thing will stop flying because it was un-activated :tgun2::banghead:
Any suggestions ?????
Italo