PDA

View Full Version : Flight Mechanics Gauges

JohnC
August 29th, 2010, 19:41
Would anyone be interested in me publishing a set of gauges that measured aircraft performance in simulation? They function as 2-D gauges, so they don't require any back-ground programs to be running and can be used in a full-screen setting.

Aircraft flight mechanics are broken into two categories, airframe aerodynamics (left column) and propulsion system (right column). Attached is the set for gas turbine engines, and a similar one exists for internal combustion engines with data such as brake horsepower, BMEP, A/F Ratio, Advance Ratio, etc. This would be mainly for flight model developers and beta testing teams (one screenshot from a beta tester can give you complete situational data for a problem), but also useful for folks outside of development.

warchild
August 29th, 2010, 19:55
John. i would love it.. it would make my jpb a WHOLE lot easier..
thank you :) :)
pam

Rich
August 29th, 2010, 22:05
John, that could prove very useful all in one.

Yes please

Bjoern
August 30th, 2010, 12:17
Do it! :)

Need to make something similar at one point for looking up the state of A: variables.

empeck
August 30th, 2010, 13:05
Do it! :)

Need to make something similar at one point for looking up the state of A: variables.

http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1232412768

This one can display any A: and L: variable. It's one of the most important tools I use in development of my Orlik.

@JohnC - please upload.

Bjoern
August 30th, 2010, 13:38
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1232412768

This one can display any A: and L: variable. It's one of the most important tools I use in development of my Orlik.

Totally forgot about that, thanks!

JohnC
August 30th, 2010, 15:08
Okay, I'll pile all the gauges together in a coherent and organized fashion. Should be able to have them ready in a week or two.

PRB
August 30th, 2010, 15:17
Thanks, John. That looks like a great tool. Also TY to empeck. Downloaded that BlackBox too!