PDA

View Full Version : Smokie Carrier in AI Carriers

Z-AZ1USN
August 29th, 2010, 19:03

This was taken while off coast of SAN DIEGO on Nimitz and about to land on the IKE
I use WIN7 and FSX with Accel. I am using AI Carriers V2 as well.
Looks like the wakes are floating upwards instead of where they should be
trailing aft like a wake should. They use to look better then that but I don't know
how this happened or caused it. :isadizzy:

bruce448
August 29th, 2010, 23:50

This was taken while off coast of SAN DIEGO on Nimitz and about to land on the IKE
I use WIN7 and FSX with Accel. I am using AI Carriers V2 as well.
Looks like the wakes are floating upwards instead of where they should be
trailing aft like a wake should. They use to look better then that but I don't know
how this happened or caused it. :isadizzy:

Short memory?, You have added a pre Accel fx file called FX_wake_l
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=20547&page=1&highlight=wake+smoke

Bruce

Z-AZ1USN
August 30th, 2010, 04:49
Short memory?, You have added a pre Accel fx file called FX_wake_l
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=20547&page=1&highlight=wake+smoke

Bruce
Short Memory? Not really....
I didn't add anything.. You kindly refer me to an older link where I had posted something
similiar but alas and alak me amigo, that didn't do beans to aleviate the situation.
I had issue then with one ship, look again at my attached, two ships are now
involved. Thanks for taking me down memory lane...... mon frere'

halvar342
August 30th, 2010, 08:11
I think this file came with the V2 pack of AI Carriers. I have the same problem and havent added any wake files to my FSX. So i think its in the pack?

bruce448
August 30th, 2010, 08:48
Try adding this file to your effects folder over writing as necessary, (replace the .txt to .fx ie from fx_wake_l.txt to fx_wake_l.fx,

Bruce

Z-AZ1USN
August 30th, 2010, 14:54
Try adding this file to your effects folder over writing as necessary, (replace the .txt to .fx ie from fx_wake_l.txt to fx_wake_l.fx,

Bruce

I tried that file and it still no workee.. I even reinstalled the Nimitz_Ike carrier group and with or
with out your file the smoke (vapor) effect is still there. It starts ok for 1 or 2 milliseconds
then suddenly it forms from the sky and goes downwards over the carrier. Now I have
tried other carriers like the Charles Degaule and that one works perfect. It only happens
when I get the Nimitz or Ike loaded up. The original carrier pack in ai carriers 2 is great
no smoke falling out of the sky over the carrier. But when I reinstalled the Nimitz-Ike
pack (following the authors directions) we then have issues. I wish I new what those sliders
were about in those old posts. I don't think it would work either. I have a situation that only
affects the Ike_Nimitz carriers. So it's some thing in a file in there that is causing the visual
issues.

Z-AZ1USN
August 30th, 2010, 17:35
After checking out most of the menu in AI Carriers I find the following
carriers with no issues (no funny smoke falling from the sky over the ship)

GW Group
Lincoln Group
Teddy R Group
Nimitz Group/Single
Reagan Single and group
GW Single
USCG Cutter & Navy Cruisers

The following have issues (smoke that forms over the ship and decends):
Pax river
ALL IKE situations (CV69)
Nimitz unrep (Uss Pax river)
Nimitz Empty

So as you can see there are some inconsistencies
that manifest for some strange reason. I've tried the
fx_wake_l.fx file (orig and modified) to no avail. It's odd that
the first set/group works with no probs yet that 2nd bunch
has issues.......

Z-AZ1USN
August 31st, 2010, 16:48
I played around with some of the scenery sliders and I could make the overhead vapor
disappear but then the carrier I was on would almost disappear as well, the island was gone
so I twiddled with some of the other sliders hoping for a different outcome and the island
would reappear but the vapor on the nimitz would re-appear. Some where there is gotta
be a balance on that. The other carriers that came with AI carriers 2 work just fine, don;t
have to twiddle with anything......