PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Library priorities question

aardvark62
August 28th, 2010, 08:12
Hi all.

As instructed in an install long, long ago, I've always had my scenery objects libraries (EZ Objects library, Static Objects library and a few others) installed way down in my scenery library listing, infact just above all the default scenery.

I have now just installed a fairly new scenery that calls on these libraries, and insists that they should be right at the top (highest priority) of the scenery listing.

I'm not aware of having had any problems with where they are currently placed, but would anyone know which of these instructions is best to follow ?

Cheers, A.

Terry
August 28th, 2010, 08:24
You have it right, just above default. There must be some confusion in the readme, never heard of this high priority for objects before.

Clarke123
August 28th, 2010, 10:09
Are you sure it doesn't mean the folder of the scenery you've just added? Leave EZ where it is and see if the new stuff works. Which scenery is it by the way?

aardvark62
August 28th, 2010, 11:46
Cheers Terry - I'll leave as is. As they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ! I've since removed the scenery anyway - not too happy with certain aspects. To answer your q. Clarke, now it's gone, without doing another search, can only say it was a fairly large freeware German ex-RAF airfield, and it was quite specific about the EZ Objects and Static Objects libraries.

Gone flying in France instead.

Cheers, A.

PeteHam
August 28th, 2010, 12:49
In my Scenery Library I have my EZ Scenery and EZ Objects at #'s 5 & 6 just under the Mesh folders.

Pete.

rich12545
August 28th, 2010, 17:24
I've tried it every which way and it doesn't seem to matter. For some reason different scenery designers tell you to put it here or there.