PDA

View Full Version : Ant's Airplanes Releases Tecnam Sierra

JayKae
August 27th, 2010, 03:50
Price : $19.95AUD

Compatibility : FSX SP2, Acceleration or Gold

http://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

The Tecnam Sierra is a sleek, modern 2 seater aircraft designed for the new Light Sport Aircraft category. Tapered, laminar flow airfoils with upturned wing tips and a streamlined fuselage give the Sierra outstanding performance with responsive controls while still offering stable flight characteristics. Fitted with a Rotax 912 100HP engine the Sierra cruises at 110 kts and climbs at over 1000 ft/min. The canopy offers excellent visibility and can even be opened in flight.

Features:

Native FSX model with bump and specular maps
Highly detailed Virtual Cockpit with full animations and mouse control (you can even open and close the air vents)

Virtual Cockpit

rain effects (with exterior rain effects on canopy)
Silky smooth 3D gauges
Custom radios package (note: uses default 295 GPS)
Custom engine startup and temperature logic
10 Liveries included. 2 Australian, 2 New Zealand and 1 UK plus 5 that allow the user to set the registration number

Animation Manager controls display of pilot, passenger, joystick, wheel covers, tiedowns, pitot covers. You can even control whether the pilot or passenger wears sunglasses.

Special model that provides compatibility with the Reality XP 530 or 430 GPS (RXP GPS not included) as well as allowing additional avionics to be installed
Full lighting including Instrument, Strobe, Nav and Landing lights

Tested by genuine Sierra pilots

High quality realistic sounds

Pilot's Handbook and Quick Start guide included

Paintkit available

Please note that there is no 2D panel with this aircraft

Demo available. Evaluate for yourself how this aircraft will perform on your system.

Download the demo from http://antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

System requirements

Recommended:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration or Gold
Dual Core CPU
2GB RAM
1024MB Graphics card
Win XP SP2, Vista or Windows

>>>> To Buy Click HERE (http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1372) <<<<

Roger
August 27th, 2010, 04:05
On the strength of Ants freeware work I'm downloading now. For just over 10 quid it's a steal:ernae:

Edit: Great stuff. The panel and 3d modelled gauges excellent and great to have rain showing on the canopy again (last shot)!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-4.jpg

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 04:42
Hi Ant,

Congrats on your release! :jump: :salute: I was thinking of buying the LDS 767 this weekend, but with your new LSA being of such high quality, (And with the LDS 767 being soooo expensive) and sooo cheap for what it is, this will provide the means for me to go broke this weekend! Seriously though, thanks Anthony for releasing this. Later today, (In Dunedin it is 12:39 AM) I will pull out the plastic. Just a quick question - what does the demo do? Is it time limited? or does it have non-functioning bits? Just a question. Also should I un-install the demo before installing the main product? Anyway, thanks Anthony :ernae: :salute:

Roger
August 27th, 2010, 04:54
Some more...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-7.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-8.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ts-9.jpg

JayKae
August 27th, 2010, 04:57
Demo is not on the site yet, i am sure Ant will update the site soon :)

Rimshot
August 27th, 2010, 05:31
Thanks Jay for the heads up, purchased and installed. Congrats Ant, beautiful work :salute:

DaveKDEN
August 27th, 2010, 06:32
This is too good a deal to pass up to be sure! Big thanks to Anthony for his freeware work, and his good natured help in this forum. :ernae:

OleBoy
August 27th, 2010, 06:45
Nice show piece Anthony :ernae:

trisager
August 27th, 2010, 07:44
Great little airplane.

Ian Warren
August 27th, 2010, 08:04
I,m not one for this type .. but what the heck .. Try something new .. now 4.00 NZ time , i took off about midnight ... whoops better land and tie her down :salute:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

n4gix
August 27th, 2010, 08:31
Very nice Anthony, and quite the bargain too! :ernae:

Lionheart
August 27th, 2010, 09:50
Thanks for the heads up! What a sharp plane. Especially that panel and VC!

:applause:

Bill

tracyq144
August 27th, 2010, 10:20
1024MB Graphics card

>>>> To Buy Click HERE (http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1372) <<<<[/QUOTE]

!??!!!

Seriously? This may put me out of the game (512 here). Not bitching, I realize that my system is getting a bit long in the tooth.

jmig
August 27th, 2010, 12:00
Nice looking litte airplane.

trisager
August 27th, 2010, 12:18
Seriously? This may put me out of the game (512 here). Not bitching, I realize that my system is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Not sure it is an absolute requirement, here is what the manual says about system requirements:

The minimum PC specs are more difficult to be exact
about as even similarly specced PC's can give such varying performance. For reference I created
this aircraft on an Intel E8500 core 2 due 3.16Ghz CPU with 4GB ram and an NVidia 9600GT 1GB
video card running Windows XP

The obvious thing to do would be to get the demo version once it becomes available and see if it works with a 512MB video card.

noddy
August 27th, 2010, 12:41
Check out Rogers specs, he is using a GTX8800 and that's just 768MB still looks good.

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 13:28
Hi Guys,

Just asking, is Flightsimstore (the only vendor right now) a good vendor, with easy to use features? Or should I wait for Ant to package it elsewhere?

Snave
August 27th, 2010, 13:30
Check out Rogers specs, he is using a GTX8800 and that's just 768MB still looks good.

Crappy 512meg ATI 3650 AGP card here, and it is smooooooooth.
Love it!

Just like the Tiggie, it has that indefinable `something` in the air.

Buy it!

And yes, that is cynical old me saying it...:jump:

Cleartheprop
August 27th, 2010, 13:36
Hi Guys,

Just asking, is Flightsimstore (the only vendor right now) a good vendor, with easy to use features? Or should I wait for Ant to package it elsewhere?

Purchase through paypal and installation went as smoothly as possible !
I am glad to fly another Ant's airplanes beauty! :ernae:

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 14:07
Thanks Mirage III!

This will be the only purchase I will ever have made by reputation alone! Ant's reputation and previous works are that good. Especially with Snaves comment :jump: :jump:

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 14:14
Hi,

Does anyone get a "failed to open page" when trying to open the link to the demo? I also get this when trying to go on flightsim store??????

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 14:34
I know this is a little early, but for me, both ants website and flightsim store are playing up with "failed to open" messages. Is ant going to up load it to another vendor soon?

JayKae
August 27th, 2010, 14:35
The demo is not up yet

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1372

Opens fine for me the FSS link

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 14:40
Hi JayKae,

Thanks for the link. Still get huge loading times, and a failed to open. Strange. This only happened after I cleared my browser cache. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (Not aimed at Ant or any others, just at my net)

Txmmy83
August 27th, 2010, 14:53
the price is tempting for this nice italian light plane :)
so I have to decide between sea king, A51 U2S, Tecnam and other aircrafts but I have the feeling that I end up purchasing the Tecnam

Best Regards
Tom

anthony31
August 27th, 2010, 15:10
Thanks for the comments fellows

I have updated my webpage so you can download the demo now.

http://antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

The limitations on the demo are the prop doesn't spin, there is demo written everywhere, the sounds are the default trike sounds and there is only the white paint.

The specs I gave where basically I what I have and it works on my system :). If you want to know how it will run on your system, download the demo. You should get pretty much the same FPS and resource use as the full version.

Sorry your having probs with the link Craig, have you tried the flightsimstore front page? At some time in the future I will look at other vendors but at the moment it is just the flightsimstore.

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 15:35
Hi ant,

Yes its also flightsim store front page as well.

LonelyplanetXO
August 27th, 2010, 20:28
ok, firstly congrats Ant! I've sure it's been a long road. I've been looking forward to this one since your first teaser pics, which seems like yonks ago. My worry was my framerate limited system might struggle, so thanks muchly for the demo. Downloaded it, flew a 25 minute hop to um, not very far away :) ...15-20fps, no worries-and she's sooo purty (the plane, too). Downloading the pay version now. Looks great!

oop! Download's finished. Goin Flyin'

LPXO

Edit...Just did a hop in the payware model - this is just great! So high-fidelity. I really like it. Did notice one tiny thing - the canopy kept snapping shut after shift+e was used to open it. Maybe I pressed a wrong key somewhere?
Edit again - Must have. can't reproduce the problem.

oldpropfan
August 27th, 2010, 20:29
Downloaded the demo, played around with it for 30 minutes, had to go buy it:applause:. Not what I would normally fly for low and slow but it's so nicely done I had to make space in the hangar as this plane will get frequent use, especially for those spur of the moment hops.

And also, thank you Anthony for the great freeware that you've put out over the years.

Al

Snave
August 28th, 2010, 02:34
To see how close to the real thing try this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mr1FX0iBWg

(Groove warning! OST - Floyd! Rocks! Play LOUD...!:a1310:)

anthony31
August 28th, 2010, 02:45

Or this comparison pic between the sim and real life. The plane is the same one in the vid (although the light sport decal has been changed since the vid was taken), the airfield is the same one in the vid.

kcgb
August 28th, 2010, 03:33
Which pic is in the sim:iidea:

Cleartheprop
August 28th, 2010, 03:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mr1FX0iBWg

(Groove warning! OST - Floyd! Rocks! Play LOUD...!:a1310:)

Isn't it YBOA airfield ?

ryanbatc
August 28th, 2010, 10:46
Did notice one tiny thing - the canopy kept snapping shut after shift+e was used to open it. Maybe I pressed a wrong key somewhere?
Edit again - Must have. can't reproduce the problem.

This will happen if you're parked at a fuel box or sometimes if you're parked on an official parking spot where a fuel truck could service you.

Txmmy83
August 28th, 2010, 11:41
ok will definately purchase the Tecnam next month:jump:

another Italian Light Plane I would love to see in FSX
http://www.alpiaviation.com/eng/pr_p300_hawk.php

aerobatic team flying P300
http://www.pioneerteam.it awesome paint in my opinion

Best Regards
Tom

Snave
August 29th, 2010, 02:46
I just spent three hours doing patterns/circuits in this bird... no problem except, I didn't start FSX until well after midnight and it was 4.00am before I got to bed this morning.

I'm gonna need help at a meeting or something...

"Hi. My names Simon, and I'm an Antoholic..!"

Lawd noze what'll happen when the new Diamond Katana comes out, or Bills Dynamic...

;)

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 03:45
It is a great addon - thanks for that Anthony. During my first flights i notice that sometimes, if i fly turns or change the view, some parts of the interior (compass, chokes, panel) are disappear for a few seconds - in the outside-view. Someone else notice this ?

Snave
August 29th, 2010, 03:51
It is a great addon - thanks for that Anthony. During my first flights i notice that sometimes, if i fly turns or change the view, some parts of the interior (compass, chokes, panel) are disappear for a few seconds - in the outside-view. Someone else notice this ?

Not happening here on my feeble back up computer (thinks: Must get round to sorting out the hard drive in the other...), what you've got sounds like texture exhaustion.
Probably caused either by a weak graphic card or some tweak or modification to your FSX.cfg.

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 04:02
Hi Snave - it is the first time I notice this - all other addons did not have this "fault".

Edit: Just find out that it only happens when i zoom out in the Spotview

Snave
August 29th, 2010, 04:15
Hi Snave - it is the first time I notice this - all other addons did not have this "fault".

Edit: Just find out that it only happens when i zoom out in the Spotview

Then don't zoom out in spot view! Problem solved! :salute:

Next I shall solve World Hunger - "Oi! You! Fat bloke. Give that burger to the skinny bird next to ya..!" :running:

Alan_A
August 29th, 2010, 10:17

Ant's (really excellent) Tecnam seems to be pretty demanding of the video card. On mine - an EVGA GTX 480 SC - I noticed some lagging VC views when using Track IR (view would seem to "stick" when panning, then catch up) and also rippling scenery textures when panning vertically - looked a little like the tearing you get when Vsync is off, but this was a vertical, not a horizontal distortion. I solved it by reintroducing the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak to the fsx.cfg (under the GRAPHICS heading). Try that and see if it addresses the spotview problem.

Simon is right - this plane is addictive. Has that hard-to-define "you are there" quality. And yes, I'm also dreading what the Katana will do to the remaining shreds of my free time...

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 11:19
Hello Alan_A, thanks for your suggestions - at my end it is only this plane where I can notice the "phenomenon" of short-term "invisibility" of VC-Parts from the outside. Scenery, other airplane, Sky - all is fine. So I am not sure that it would help me if I change my FSX.cfg which works well at least.

I like the Sierra a lot and could live with "do not zoom out, that solve the problem" :icon_lol:

Maybe - Anthony has a solution for it. I send him a mail and wait what he will answer me.

KR

Dirk

anthony31
August 29th, 2010, 14:57
Hi Dirk

Answered your email. It may be the LODs kicking in. As you zoom out you will notice the compass disappear and that is a sure sign that a LOD is switching.

I use three LOD for the exterior. The first one (closest) has all the detail from the VC so you can see the gauges in the external view (which I like). The second one replaces the detailed panel with a simple polygon which frees up a heck of a lot of polygons and thus improves framerates. The third one (furthest) removes a lot more detail.

You really need to use LOD models to get good multiplayer performance and not all payware aircraft use LODs (all the default aircraft do).

I will look at the LOD levels I am using in the 1.1 update and will probably increase the distance that the second LOD kicks in.

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 15:12
Hi Anthony, thanks for your explanation - now I understand what happens. You did a great job with this aircraft. It is one of those "jump in and fly"-aircrafts which i love so much.

Dirk

Snave
August 29th, 2010, 15:44
Hi Dirk

Answered your email. It may be the LODs kicking in. As you zoom out you will notice the compass disappear and that is a sure sign that a LOD is switching.

I use three LOD for the exterior. The first one (closest) has all the detail from the VC so you can see the gauges in the external view (which I like). The second one replaces the detailed panel with a simple polygon which frees up a heck of a lot of polygons and thus improves framerates. The third one (furthest) removes a lot more detail.

You really need to use LOD models to get good multiplayer performance and not all payware aircraft use LODs (all the default aircraft do).

I will look at the LOD levels I am using in the 1.1 update and will probably increase the distance that the second LOD kicks in.

Any ideas yet on what 1.1 will contain..? I'd like to suggest some wind sounds when the canopy is opened in flight, perhaps when the air vents are open too...

Alan_A
August 29th, 2010, 17:53
Hello Alan_A, thanks for your suggestions - at my end it is only this plane where I can notice the "phenomenon" of short-term "invisibility" of VC-Parts from the outside. Scenery, other airplane, Sky - all is fine. So I am not sure that it would help me if I change my FSX.cfg which works well at least.

I like the Sierra a lot and could live with "do not zoom out, that solve the problem" :icon_lol:

Maybe - Anthony has a solution for it. I send him a mail and wait what he will answer me.

KR

Dirk

Agreed - I don't much like tweaks and had stripped all of them out. I tried HIGHMEMFIX only because it's never cause me any problems and it seems to help with VC-related issues. Yours are different, and obviously Anthony's advice is going to be a lot more on-point than mine.

I still need to do some testing and see if my distortions were scenery (ORBX PNW)-related or cause by some other add-on (I recently installed Cumulux X to help with the Aerosoft Discus). But as noted, the HIGHMEMFIX tweak seems to work so far.

Hope you get yours sorted via 1.1 or by avoiding zoom, whichever seems best...

anthony31
August 30th, 2010, 00:53
Any ideas yet on what 1.1 will contain..? I'd like to suggest some wind sounds when the canopy is opened in flight, perhaps when the air vents are open too...

Bug fixes mostly.

I spent 3 hours today and generated 30 models trying to track down the first problem I listed in the FAQs and I still haven't solved it.

Wind sounds would be really nice but I have to learn to program C to do that. I've donwloaded the MS C++ package and it all looks greek to me so don't hold your breath on that one.

I will also try to get the wheel chocks and tie downs saveable. I have a few ideas on that but am yet to try them.

I was also watching Top Gear last night and there are a few things I want to try with the exterior windows to get them looking more realistic. What does this have to do with Top Gear? Well, I was carefully watching the light reflections of a car going around the track trying to see how I can get the same effect in FSX.

n4gix
August 30th, 2010, 09:10
I will also try to get the wheel chocks and tie downs saveable. I have a few ideas on that but am yet to try them.

That will require a C "helper gauge" that will read/write state data to an .ini file. Contact me if you wish to discuss the idea. ;)

n4gix@comcast.net

Jigsaw
August 30th, 2010, 10:04
Congrats on a great little plane, Anthony. The second I saw it I knew that I wanted it and my gut feeling was right. It looks great, flies great, has great features and is just fun all around.

Oh, one question that doesn't really have anything to do with the Sierra but with FSX GPS that you used for it: is there a way to get a cursor in order to jump to certain waypoints with that GPS? I certainly can't seem to find it.

Wind sounds would be really nice but I have to learn to program C to do that. I've donwloaded the MS C++ package and it all looks greek to me so don't hold your breath on that one.

Hehe, I can imagine what you mean. Mike over at Lotussim is in the process of learning C++ for his MiG-29 and by the looks of it this learning process will delay development for weeks if not months.

I was also watching Top Gear last night and there are a few things I want to try with the exterior windows to get them looking more realistic. What does this have to do with Top Gear? Well, I was carefully watching the light reflections of a car going around the track trying to see how I can get the same effect in FSX.

Aaaah... Top Gear. Love that show. I find myself copying their style of making car videos more and more in my FSX videos. :D

bushpilot
August 30th, 2010, 10:47
Great looking plane Ant:salute: I hope you'll have huge success with it.

anthony31
August 30th, 2010, 22:01
Oh, one question that doesn't really have anything to do with the Sierra but with FSX GPS that you used for it: is there a way to get a cursor in order to jump to certain waypoints with that GPS? I certainly can't seem to find it.

Good catch Patrick. One of the problems with using the 295 GPS in a 296 case is that the 296 has less buttons than the 295. And one of those missing buttons is the CRSR button.

Now, after looking at the manual for the 296 it looks like you can't select certain waypints in the flight plan screen in the real 296. But, what I will do is use maybe the ENTER key as a defacto CRSR key on those screens where it is needed. Something to add to the 1.1 update.

anthony31
August 30th, 2010, 22:03
That will require a C "helper gauge" that will read/write state data to an .ini file. Contact me if you wish to discuss the idea. ;)

Thanks Bill

I've started reading Dai Griffiths C programming guide and so far things are making sense but if I get stuck I'll holler.

doublecool
August 31st, 2010, 15:09
Some really great products released...some I've been waiting for... and some like this little aircraft is a real treat the options alone is like getting several aircrafts in the one package

Ant's has a "Winner" Price, Model, VC, Options, Sound

Thank you Anthony :wavey:

bkeske
August 31st, 2010, 15:22
Now, after looking at the manual for the 296 it looks like you can't select certain waypints in the flight plan screen in the real 296. But, what I will do is use maybe the ENTER key as a defacto CRSR key on those screens where it is needed. Something to add to the 1.1 update.

Anthony, I at times use the freeware 296 provided by SimFlyer. You can click on the center of the GPS 'navigation button/toggle' to get into cursor mode. You may want to download this GPS and peak at the .xml file.

Gotta get this little aircraft, looks like you have done another outstanding job.

anthony31
August 31st, 2010, 16:09
Anthony, I at times use the freeware 296 provided by SimFlyer. You can click on the center of the GPS 'navigation button/toggle' to get into cursor mode. You may want to download this GPS and peak at the .xml file.

Gotta get this little aircraft, looks like you have done another outstanding job.

Thanks BKeske , that sounds like a good idea and I will do that. Just have to make a mousezone in the middle of the dial/button and assign the cursor key command to it.

sim-paticissimo
September 1st, 2010, 01:56
Some really great products released...some I've been waiting for... and some like this little aircraft is a real treat the options alone is like getting several aircrafts in the one package

Ant's has a "Winner" Price, Model, VC, Options, Sound

Thank you Anthony :wavey:

...and this Tecnam is very close to real dynamics!

Thank you Antony:applause:

LonelyplanetXO
September 1st, 2010, 11:30
Hehe, this is one sweet little plane. Since it's a basic trainer I thought I'd try being a "newbie" (quite hard to simulate if you've been flying FS for years :)) and take for a series of legs from Archerfield to the red centre, Ayers rock. Great little model to fly!. Last night's flight proved longer than anticipated and is the type of thing that would get the newbie thrown out of flying school!
Assume our intrepid aviator is daylight VFR rated with only about 60 hours.Then throw in some poor judgement, the type of thing that creates situations which command your full attention. So I'm at YBOU Boulia wanting to fly 209 nm to to Jervois YJVS. Just over 1/2 a tank, there's fuel at Boulia but decide I dont need any (mistake #1). I've been starting at the finish point of each day and so the day has been slowly advancing. Takeoff time's about 4:30pm, didnt check what time nightfall was (remember, Daylight VFR) Mistake #2. Cloudbase is 7/8ths, about 2000' with ground alt about 1000.
Departed Boulia, after about 20 mins any sane person would have noticed the sun setting and turned back but our silly student decided to press on. Mistake #3.
Unsurprisingly it gets dark and in the desert, so dark there's no horizon. Fortunately the aircraft basically flies itself so on we go to Jervois. Approaching YJVS we check the chart to see runway heading and alt. Also notice it's a dirt runway - no lighting. Mistake #4 I'd normally check that before takeoff.landing in the pitch dark on a dirt strip is not an option so set course for the next leg, being Alice Springs YBAS, which is sealed with ILS, 143nm away. Problem is ground alt's 1788 ft, and there's high ground between us and Alice. And of course remember we didnt gas up. Fuel is now an issue.
Applied throttle whilst keeping wings level to get to 3000', maybe in cloud but with no horizon you're IFR anyway... fuel getting lower and lower with the miles counting down oh so slowly. Small small turns to stay on course. Eventually thought screw it, I'll try 6000' to save the remaining vapour in the tanks and provide a gliding distance if needs be. Feeling rather regretful and depressed about my situation as the Nm number gets small along with the gas indication and contemplating the possibility of a landing in the desert at night. Eventually drifted in to Alice for a no flap landing (no time for a good approach due fuel) and flopped her down with 1 gallon of gas left. Heh, that was interesting...

LPXO

n4gix
September 1st, 2010, 12:03
Thanks Bill

I've started reading Dai Griffiths C programming guide and so far things are making sense but if I get stuck I'll holler.

Cool! Stuck or not though, do email me at your convenience, as there are a couple of lighting issues I'd like to discuss, plus maybe a proposed collaboration you might find interesting...

Take a squint at something I've been working on here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21108

mikew
September 1st, 2010, 18:07
Anthony,

Outstanding job on this LSA. I'm having a great time with it! Flying and painting... here's a couple in the works:

Thanks!

Mike

flaminghotsauce
September 2nd, 2010, 12:59
...and this Tecnam is very close to real dynamics!

Thank you Antony:applause:

That was my precise question. I downloaded the demo to test my system and it's fine, but wow the ailerons are really sensitive. You are saying they're THAT touchy in real life? I don't know, and I don't care, I just want to know that it's real-life accurate and learn to fly it that way.

anthony31
September 2nd, 2010, 14:19
That was my precise question. I downloaded the demo to test my system and it's fine, but wow the ailerons are really sensitive. You are saying they're THAT touchy in real life? I don't know, and I don't care, I just want to know that it's real-life accurate and learn to fly it that way.

Yes, very very sensitive ailerons. As my Sierra test pilots say you can the real Sierra with your fingertips. I sat in a real Sierra and the pilot went from 45 right bank angle to 45 left bank angle in under 2 seconds and he wasn't using anywhere near the full range of motion of the stick.

BTW Great paints Mike. Can't wait to download them.

Naki
September 2nd, 2010, 16:46
Been meaning to make a post here about what a great aircraft this is..I've been too busy flying it...it's now one of my favourite GA aircraft.

Things I like about this one are the various animations with the animation manager, the crisp handling, the clear and esay to read instruments including the GPS (much easier than those in Carenados), the way guys/gals heads duck as the canopy closes, you can test the FPS with the demo (the FPS is great BTW) before buying, that there's some Kiwi skins, you can easily put on your own rego (why don't more add on companies do this?) and the excellent price.

Here's a short flight including some VLC and photo real scenery I did the other night in "NPS". The very same aircraft I have been offered a ride in and I have seen at our local airport.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_21-41-19-843.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_21-46-38-937.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_21-53-33-812.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_21-54-52-609.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_22-0-18-515.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_22-2-11-250.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_22-3-23-687.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_22-7-5-984.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/2010-9-1_22-11-13-468.jpg

ryanbatc
September 2nd, 2010, 18:49
I also just downloaded the demo - great on the FPS, snappy little thing. Well-modeled...

And the price is very nice - will it go up?

I am on the fence with this one because I enjoy flying a bit faster than LSA's are approved to fly hehe. But if the price will go up 10 bucks later I may just get it now hehe.

One more thing I thought of while browsing the manual - does anyone have a picture of what this thing looks like when configured with the RXP GNS430W
?

I don't have the 530 and would like to see the 430 in action - since it's mentioned in the manual that there is a specific cfg for the 430.

Thanks

trisager
September 2nd, 2010, 23:53
The Sierra with the GNS430:

(Click on the images to see larger versions)

anthony31
September 3rd, 2010, 00:23
The price is the price and the price will stay the price.

Of course, if you'd like to pay more I can certainly help you with that :).

Funny thing with the 430 config. Try clicking on the blanking panel between the GPS and the radio. It will switch between a couple of messages. One is NO SMOKING. I forgot what the other one was. Of course, if you like, you can replace that blanking plate with some other gauge if you like.

Anneke
September 3rd, 2010, 00:42
Anthony thanks for this great plane, I just love your eye for detail and all fun little things!!!

A Big Thank You :salute:

ryanbatc
September 3rd, 2010, 05:18
The Sierra with the GNS430:

(Click on the images to see larger versions)

Thanks!!

ryanbatc
September 3rd, 2010, 07:04
Ok I gave in LOL!

I love the aileron response in this thing - that's the main reason I bought it hehe.

I figured out the GNS430W so now I have that in the plane.

Well modeled, very easy on FPS. The only nitpicking thing I have an issue with is the textures. On initial load they take forever, maybe at least 5-10 seconds. Probably my 512mb video card lacking hehe.

Oh, and great idea with the demo! It's so convenient to try a plane first before buying. It helped make my decision much easier!! I recommend the same strategy for your next plane!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/2002ext.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/2002vc.jpg

Dexdoggy
September 6th, 2010, 17:56
Just back from holidays, so just saw that this is out!
Based on Ant's superb Tiger Moth and sceneries, this is a no-brainer for me, and I'm willing to purchase for my old PC which should be ok... so I have just bought it!

Ant has done awesome stuff for FSX; I sim fly out of Boonah all the time, I take sim holidays on Lady Elliot and his RAAF Tindal Base is my primary test centre for anything fast!

Thanks again Ant, and best wishes for your future! :applause:

Dexdoggy
September 8th, 2010, 14:25
...and it's worth every cent!

18110 18111

anthony31
September 9th, 2010, 04:45
Hello All

Just a quick note to let you know version 1.1 is available now which fixes a fwe bugs. here's the full list:

- Fixed bug where wheel chocks, tiedowns, pilot and passenger visibility animations could get confused under certain circumstances.
- Fixed direction of elevator trim tab and elevator trim animation.
- Fixed night lighting on altimeter kohlsmann dial.
- Added CRSR clickpoint on the GPS (click in the centre of the 4 way button).
- Improved flap lever animation.
- Added cold and dark setup (no pilot or passenger and wheel chocks, tiedowns and pitot cover on) if aircraft is loaded on the ground with battery off and fuel selectors off.
- Radios will be turned off if aircraft is loaded with Avionics switch off.
- Added method to allow user to set animations on loading aircraft.
- Cabin airvents now load in open positions.
- Added method so user can change some animations (such as the previous 4 items) on startup (refer to the Pilot's Handbook)
- Knobs and dials now increase in value when mouse wheeled up.
- Includes alternative textures for VC glass for those that prefer less reflections.
- Fixed fuselage texture of Style 3 blue which had Sierra in white written on white background.
- Increased the amount of environment reflections on exterior glass.

To get the upgrade go to your flightsimstore account and download the new version (it should be called AntsSierraV110.exe).

Make sure you backup any changes you may have made to the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg.

Then run the installer. The installer will happily overwrite the existing installation so there should be no need to uninstall version 1.0 first.

Thanks

Snave
September 9th, 2010, 05:19
Luv ya man! Perfect timing for my day off!. D/l as we speak.:salute:

ryanbatc
September 9th, 2010, 06:53
Hello All

Just a quick note to let you know version 1.1 is available now which fixes a few bugs.

Thanks a bunch! I didn't notice any in the first place lol

Paul Anderson
September 9th, 2010, 15:45
Might be a bit thick after a few brews, but everything I see leads to the purchase page.
Do I say buy and not get charged?

DaveKDEN
September 9th, 2010, 15:51
Thanks for the update Anthony. I like the clear view out of the VC now.

doublecool
September 9th, 2010, 15:55
Thank you very much :salute:

anthony31
September 9th, 2010, 16:16
Might be a bit thick after a few brews, but everything I see leads to the purchase page.
Do I say buy and not get charged?

No, don't buy (unless you haven't already bought it).

Go to the www.flightsimstore.com (http://www.flightsimstore.com)

Click on My Account and log in.

Overview should show your previous orders.

Click on the one for the Sierra.

And click on the download link to download the new installer.

Paul Anderson
September 9th, 2010, 17:17
That's the magic. Got it, like it even better, better FPS as I see it. Many thanks.
Was no overview, but found the link, must be tough dealing with different browsers and presentations to customers, etc.
Happy as a clam, one satisfied customer. Looking foward to more. Where do I sign up?

doublecool
September 9th, 2010, 18:24
out side view looking at the canopy opening...the Pilot and passenger duck down to let it go by :wavey: every flight I find a little something...C:cool::cool:L

Fireball6
September 10th, 2010, 01:29
Thank you very much anthony - great work and customer service :jump:

Dirk

Alan_A
September 10th, 2010, 10:17
Anthony,

Outstanding job on this LSA. I'm having a great time with it! Flying and painting... here's a couple in the works:

Thanks!

Mike

Not to prod, but was just wondering - have you been able to post either of these yet? If not, am happy to wait, but I'll be at the front of the line for 10T...

anthony31
September 10th, 2010, 21:30
Now that I have a bit of spare time available here's a couple of paints I've done.

Pro-Sky Port Augusta is an Australian one
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1343-ants-airplanes-sierra-lsa-24-4998/

and ROZ is an NZ one (and is the sister Tecnam Arrows plane to TVB)
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1344-ants-airplanes-sierra-lsa-zk-roz/

anthony31
September 16th, 2010, 14:58
Someone mentioned earlier that they were having problems with the flight sim store so now you can buy the aircraft from SimMarket

Here is the link to the product page on simmarket.

http://secure.simmarket.com/ants-airplanes-tecnam-sierra.phtml

flaviossa
August 3rd, 2011, 17:48
Updated to ver. 1.2
Thanks a lot Mr. Anthony! :applause:

YoYo
August 3rd, 2011, 21:23
Where is it? http://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html
(http://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html)I Cant see, only infos about 1.1.

anthony31
August 4th, 2011, 02:43
I've sent the info about the 1.2 update to the various resellers yesterday.

So far only FSpilotshop and Simmarket have updated their servers. So if you have bought the Sierra from either of these two resellers you would log onto your account with the reseller and redownload the installer package.

Once PC Aviator and flightsimstore update there product pages then I will update my website with the 1.2 information.

Naki
August 4th, 2011, 03:40
Flightsimstore have updated...Im downloading now. Thanks for the update of something that I already thought was perfect. Looking forward to the updated GPS and using the autopilot when I feel lazy..:salute:

anthony31
August 4th, 2011, 03:50
Flightsimstore have updated...Im downloading now. Thanks for the update of something that I already thought was perfect. Looking forward to the updated GPS and using the autopilot when I feel lazy..:salute:

Ok Naki, are you downloading AntsSierraV120 ? That is the name of the new 1.2 update (V120 = version 1.2). Flightsimstore haven't updated their product page yet though.

Paul Anderson
August 4th, 2011, 10:54
Don't have RXP gauges (removed all references), but the setup/ini program for passenger and cold&dark is very much appreciated. Many thanks.

SADT
August 4th, 2011, 11:13
Hi Anthony,

I have been eyeing this up for a very long while, I am wondering what does the 1.2 update give you, and does it affect the VC? Also, do the switches make a sound when clicked?

Regards,
Craig :-)

Naki
August 4th, 2011, 11:47
Ok Naki, are you downloading AntsSierraV120 ? That is the name of the new 1.2 update (V120 = version 1.2). Flightsimstore haven't updated their product page yet though.

Yep all good..version 1.2 loaded

doublecool
August 4th, 2011, 14:05
SWEET :wavey:

Lovely little touches on the update

Thanks you very much

DaveKDEN
August 4th, 2011, 14:10
Nice update Anthony! Love the Sierra setup app.

anthony31
August 4th, 2011, 15:33
Thanks Naki

I tell you, it can be a real bother trying to coordinate these sorts of things with all these different resellers. Everybody has their own way of doing things :) .