PDA

View Full Version : FSAddon Publishing is back.....

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 03:37
Hi everybody,

just a quick note to tell you that FSAddon Publishing is back up and running. Since I had to delete ALL the files from (my) server, some files have gone AWOL in the resurrection. Will try and get them uploaded as soon as possible, but I am not home until half November.....

NOTE: the original FSAddon.COM was also infected and is now 'on hold' (all files wiped).
The new domain name for FSAddon is www.fsaddon.eu (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/www.fsaddon.eu), NOT com !

Our new store (including the Flight1-wrapped products!) is at SilverCloud (http://silvercloud-store.com/index.php) !

We also sell via simMarket, Aerosoft and PCAviator now.

Thanks for your patience, and please let me know if you find any problems when browsing the site!

Oh, P.S., the Why Fly site (see sig) is back up too...... now to attend to my OWN stricken web sites.......

Javis
August 27th, 2010, 04:25
Congrats, Francois, well done ! :ernae:

Cheers,
Jan

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 04:32
Cheers Francois,

Hopefully the sites are ready for the (hopefully) soon release of a certain twin engine patrol bomber :jump:

gajit
August 27th, 2010, 04:54
Great to hear this - looking forward to your next excellent product :ernae:

Roger
August 27th, 2010, 05:05
Well done getting it all sorted Francois!

txnetcop
August 27th, 2010, 05:33
BIG CONGRATS Francois! Welcome back FSADDON online!!!
Ted

Sid2008
August 27th, 2010, 05:41
Congratulations FS Addon. When are you coming out with FS Cargo-X?

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 06:16
Thanks everybody ! :wavey:

The twin bomber alpha version sits in a server folder but because of all this mess I haven't even had time to download it to my FSX yet :-(

As for FSCargo-X; I don't know. The 'problem' is that it's creator has fully disappeared from the Internet and doesn't reply his phone either. So he either has moved (I know he has a house in Spain) or worse (which I certainly do NOT hope).

I will keep trying.

Meanwhile we're supposed to be 'on vacation' (sort of) and we'll travel to the US end of September.

OleBoy
August 27th, 2010, 06:25
It's good to see you made it through the mishap Francois. Welcome back.
....I'm not a networking guru, but the dang (thinking far worse words) people that do stuff like this, can this not be avoided?

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 06:58
It can never be avoided 100%..... which my mishap goes to show. I am a computer veteran of 35+ years...... and I mistakenly clicked on a link in a fake email that I shouldn't have. That brought the virus into my PC and onto my servers.

The good news is: I managed over 30 years without having any serious viruses ;-)

I'll document the entire story on my blog one day.. as soon as I have time. Now need to make sure the business starts running again after 2 weeks hiatus.

n4gix
August 27th, 2010, 07:45
It can never be avoided 100%..... which my mishap goes to show. I am a computer veteran of 35+ years...... and I mistakenly clicked on a link in a fake email that I shouldn't have. That brought the virus into my PC and onto my servers.

Ouch! That is the precise reason why my LANs fileservers are hidden behind their own hardware firewall, and are thereby totally isolated from the internet completely, unless I open up a port for them manually.

Of course I'm only using them for local backup purposes, unlike yourself who uses them for ecommerce.

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 08:14
Yes, Bill, my LAN was safe, but not my hosted servers somewhere in the US unfortunately.

Daveroo
August 27th, 2010, 08:19
oh man..sorry to hear that happened to you...can you tell me a little more about the twin engined patrol bomber?...my intrest is peaked...

n4gix
August 27th, 2010, 08:34
my intrest is peaked...

Now there's a word that can mean two entirely opposite things, depending on just which syllable is stressed... :bump:

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 08:36
:icon_lol:

We're working on a aircraft that accompanied our Lysander in WW2 dropping off and picking up agents in occupied France and elsewhere: Lockheed Hudson.

robcap
August 27th, 2010, 09:04
Good news Francois ;-)

raptor19
August 27th, 2010, 09:46
Glad to hear that you have got things sorted Francois. Looking forward to the Hudson in due course! :ernae:

jmig
August 27th, 2010, 11:54
Thanks everybody ! :wavey:

T...
Meanwhile we're supposed to be 'on vacation' (sort of) and we'll travel to the US end of September.

If you make down to Louisiana let me know. I will buy you dinner.

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 12:02
Thanks for the great offer John. Next time maybe :-) We'll be in Florida for a few days, then up to Seattle staying with friends... a quick visit to Alaska and then down to the San Francisco area..... pretty full agenda already. 3/4 of it is aviation related !

SADT
August 27th, 2010, 13:40
Francois:

Tell me you will visit the Seattle Museum of Flight and get loads of pics!

huub vink
August 27th, 2010, 13:44
Welcome back Francois!

Huub

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 13:52
Francois:

Tell me you will visit the Seattle Museum of Flight and get loads of pics!

That is part of the plans, yes indeed :-)

Francois
August 27th, 2010, 13:53
Thanks for the supportive words everybody, 'tis appreciated !!

danyboy21
August 27th, 2010, 18:01
Hello Francois, glad that your problem is resolved. After the magnificent Lysander, I just bought your Gloster Gladiator. It is equally fantastic.
Thank you for treating us with achievements as good.

Francois
August 28th, 2010, 00:48
Glad you like our products! Remember, I'm just the 'drive' and organizer.... not the creator. Kudos go to Simon Smeiman for the Gladiator and Cubs, and to Chuck Jodry/Milviz for the Lysander.