PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather see in FSX?

James
August 25th, 2010, 20:25
Would you rather see an FSX-native [preferably freeware] F-101 or F-100? Personally, I think that the F-101 gets even less attention than the Super Sabre [and it just looks better]. What do you guys think?

PRB
August 25th, 2010, 20:31
I like the looks of the F-100 better than the F-101. But I voted for the F-101. Not sure why. I like them both!

skyblazer3
August 25th, 2010, 20:44
F-100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C model, with a clean version, and no refueling probe. It's the first supersonic fighter of the free-world. We really need one bad!

Chris Eells

falcon409
August 25th, 2010, 20:47
Finally, someone who actually has heard of the F-100, lol, lol. The way it's overlooked, you'd think it was just another Fighter, lol. F-100 all the way!!!:salute:

krazycolin
August 25th, 2010, 21:02
I believe that Ron of Razbam has one in the works. I believe, again, that it's the one from Michael Davies.

If they are NOT doing it, then I will for sure as it's one of my fave jets! (like i don't already have enough on my plate....????)

I am talking about the F-100 btw!

danyboy21
August 25th, 2010, 21:09
F 100 of course, This plane carried the French colors !

txnetcop
August 26th, 2010, 03:04
That jet had the most beautiful lines I ever saw...well I guess the F-86 did too. The first time I saw one as a kid I was in love...bring on the F-100!
Ted

Cazzie
August 26th, 2010, 03:08
The Hun, a beauty of a jet compared to the Hulk that McDonnell-Douglas produced.

Caz

Snuffy
August 26th, 2010, 03:12
Battle damage ... :mixedsmi:

vora
August 26th, 2010, 03:15
Being a "Hun" myself I just have to vote for the F-100 ! :icon_lol:

On a more serious note I like mud-moving jets more than interceptors.

Bjoern
August 26th, 2010, 03:58
I've tried to get my hands on a F-101B source file, but the original developer (doing it for Strike Fighters) found there were already too many Voodoos for MSFS... [Curses]

Other than that, the F-101 is not just numerically superior.

Jim Brown
August 26th, 2010, 04:23
F-101. definitely. I only know of two...the FS9 Alphasim model and Kazunori Ito's for FS2002.

MudMarine
August 26th, 2010, 08:51
Where's the neither choice......?

skyblazer3
August 26th, 2010, 13:58
Does Razbam still have the Hun in the pipe-line? I would love to see one from either razbam, milviz, or Vertigo Studios. If we had a 1st class hun in this game I might just drop out of graduate school and become a full time F-100 jock.

Chris Eells:salute::salute:

falcon409
August 26th, 2010, 14:46
Does Razbam still have the Hun in the pipe-line? I would love to see one from either razbam, milviz, or Vertigo Studios. If we had a 1st class hun in this game I might just drop out of graduate school and become a full time F-100 jock.

Chris Eells:salute::salute:
AMEN!

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 15:52
Neither of the above! I want a bally Sturgeon!

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/korean/gb/attardsturd.jpg

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 15:55
Those two fighters were both I won't say crap but not in anyway suited to the FAA or RAF, the super sabre killed more pilots that it ever shot down and the voodoo was in my opinion gay it just looked gay lol (By no means a reflection of anyone that flew one or worked on one) Just my forthright opinion!!!

falcon409
August 26th, 2010, 16:23
Those two fighters were both I won't say crap but not in anyway suited to the FAA or RAF, the super sabre killed more pilots that it ever shot down and the voodoo was in my opinion gay it just looked gay lol (By no means a reflection of anyone that flew one or worked on one) Just my forthright opinion!!!
Ah Peter, I like you man, you're a lot of fun to have around, but sometimes you just come out with things that really have nothing to do with the thread, lol. The F-100 was never meant for the RAF or FAA, so what that had to do with the thread. . .I have no idea, lol. Yes the Super Saber had problems, but the fact that it remained a viable part of the AF inventory for 13 years, and was highly successful during the Vietnam Conflict shows that it was not just a flash in the pan. Your statement that it killed more pilots than it ever shot down is speculative at best based on the accident rate but probably no hard evidence, but consider that from 1961 to 1969 in Vietnam, the F-100 flew over 360,000 sorties and lost 242 aircraft. . .the Phantom, flying a similar sortie rate lost over 400. I understand, that that's "apple and oranges", but every aircraft has problems, the F-100 not withstanding. . .but it was an outstanding fighter and deserves some attention in Flight Sim.:salute:

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 16:42
And I you Ed mate! But actually what I should have just said was F100 for me too please! Its hard for me to picture aircraft from a non RAF or FAA point of view, I mean Britain and America are two of the greatest aeronautical engineering countries in the world but sometimes I do wonder what the hell you guys were thinking as you do at us sometimes no doubt! But to defend myself the Voodoo was one ugly aircraft the super sabre was great but most of the books I've read and pilots notes have stated it was a very intense and demanding aircraft to fly even in its later marks which is excellent for us as a flying challenge, but very bad as you well know in a combat environment thus the reason it flew less risky sorties leaving the heavy work to Thud's and Phantoms during the Vietnam war! :salute:

skyblazer3
August 26th, 2010, 18:15
The F-100 certainly was not an aircraft for weak pilots. Nonetheless, I think a well modeled bird with the kind of "by the book" flight dynamics that we have seen recently would make a lot of people happy. :salute::salute:

Peter, I also appreciate your comments on the forums and I forgive you for your momentary lapse :wavey:

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 05:47
Well thats good to know, best wishes chaps! :salute:

Warrant
August 27th, 2010, 08:37
Definately the F-100 Super sabre for me!

FAC257
August 27th, 2010, 09:07
As far as fighter jets, with the exception of the F-15E, my favs are anything Century Series and earlier. The Centuries were regulars at Patrick AFB and the one thing that always struck me about the 101's is that they seemed huge and beefy compared to most of the other ramp visitors in the fighter class.

FAC

Bjoern
August 27th, 2010, 13:54
the voodoo was in my opinion gay it just looked gay lol

...says a fan of english aircraft. ;P

fox18delta
August 27th, 2010, 18:25
Ive handled Hun's on the ramp and been around 101's...prefer the 101 and its two big motors, but you can't go wrong with any of those century series fighters !

CG_1976
August 29th, 2010, 20:48
A CF100 Canuk.

fsafranek
August 30th, 2010, 12:31
Spotted this thread by accident last week and voted for one (I like them both but didn't see an "all of the above" option). I also got the go-ahead to post some images of one that has been in the works at Alphasim and now Virtavia. It will be the F-100D model and for FSX only. Very much a work in progress so no ETA. A few of the textures to be included...

:ernae:

skyblazer3
September 1st, 2010, 15:21
Glad to see that someone is working on a native FSX F-100. Looking forward to seeing more images of the model. In this image it looks like the fuel dump mast might be a little too pronounced, I always felt that was a problem with the donationware F-100.... perhaps it is a texturing problem and not a model problem.

I hope that whoever is modeling this bird makes a clean version with out pylons, tanks, or a refueling probe.

Bushpounder
September 4th, 2010, 19:37
The F-100 was the first Wild Weasel. It wasn't a good platform for the job, but it was the first. The F-105's took over the job next.

Don

falcon409
September 8th, 2010, 04:27
Very interesting poll thus far. . .I see the announcement that there is an F-100 being worked on as a good sign, but nothing to hang my hat on. There's no sign of that airplane on the Virtavia website yet and until I see actual WIP shots from them, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I've heard rumblings before that an F-100 was being developed and never heard anything again after that, so I'll just hold my enthusiasm for now.:salute:

James
September 8th, 2010, 05:43
yeah. A virtavia F-100 would be nice...still rather it be an F-101 though. lol. glad to see that one is getting made...

Helldiver
September 10th, 2010, 00:14
Can't say I get all excited over some oil burner. If it ain't got a propeller than it's not an airplane. What FSX really needs is shadows cast by clouds on the aircraft and on the ground. I know when i fly I notice it. Why can't it happen in FSX?
After all, they show the shadow of the airplane, why not the clouds?

Bjoern
September 11th, 2010, 10:24
If it ain't got a propeller than it's not an airplane.

If it ain't got a turbine, it's just a lump of metal.

pilottj
September 11th, 2010, 10:29
Between the two I would choose the 101 but both are fine planes. Maybe you could consider the Republic century series product too :jump: At the Travis AFB museum they have a line of the century series jets minus the 106, its fun to walk along that lineup.

fsafranek
September 20th, 2010, 08:58
What FSX really needs is shadows cast by clouds on the aircraft and on the ground. I know when i fly I notice it. Why can't it happen in FSX?
After all, they show the shadow of the airplane, why not the clouds?

Late reply but I agree 100%. Anyone who has ever been in a real airplane (even as a passenger on an airliner if you look out the window) has seen the shadow of clouds on the ground below. The simple answer is probably something like "effects don't cast shadows". Why not? Perhaps one of those things (a Dx10 feature?) that never got finished before they disbanded the Aces team.
:ernae:

Bjoern
September 20th, 2010, 09:28
The REX devs are apparently working on implementing cloud shadows...

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=4769.0