PDA

View Full Version : L-39 Albatros by Lotus flames out too!

JAllen
August 25th, 2010, 19:08
Since the A7 will suffer engine damage I tested another favorite of mine. Guess what, it will overheat and flame out too, if you let it. Is this news to anyone? I am looking through the docs to see if it is in there. I love that jet even more! :jump:

James
August 25th, 2010, 19:29
yeah...the L-39 in particular has a tendancy to flame out on me...I'm probably screwing something up lol...

Naki
August 25th, 2010, 19:39
Yep will overheat and flame out if you ignore the warning lights..also dont try hard negative g manouevres as this will also cause a flame out - although its quite fun trying to do mid air re starts provided you have some height.

James
August 25th, 2010, 20:01
yeah, I love that ram-air turbine. haven't seen one of those babies in a sim up til now. :salute: to Lotus.

centuryseries
August 26th, 2010, 10:07
Best thing to do is read the manual!!

You should not use max power for too long, shouldn't fly inverted for too long, should switch the oxygen on otherwise you will lose conciousness and crash above a certain height, and make sure you turn on pitot heat and anti icing when flying in cloud

Lotus made an excellent job of the L-39 - it's still way up there above most FSX if not all military FSX aircraft.