PDA

View Full Version : trackIR 5 and ETO/PTO

atoll1
August 24th, 2010, 09:59
I'm having trouble getting TrackIR 5 (latest Final B driver) to work with PTO and ETO. Funny thing is, my set up works just great with CFS3 itself, MAW, OFF etc.

Read about windows 7 on this forum, but it seems to be more about multiplayer issues) Tried setting admin privileges for TrackIR, and for the cfs3.exe in PTO and ETO.
Tried setting compatibility to win xp (both sp2 and sp3) for the cfs3.exe in PTO and ET0. (My OS is Win 7 64 bit)

Made sure I was in virtual cockpit mode.
Tried toggling scrolllock on and off.

Is there a trackIR setting or config file for cfs3 somewhere?

Any help greatly appreciated!

ndicki
August 24th, 2010, 11:11
Can't help, beyond saying that it works perfectly well with XP, and that the actual workings of ETO, PTO, MAW and CFS3 are the same - so it should work with all of them.

atoll1
August 24th, 2010, 11:43
Yes, it was working for me in XP until I upgraded to win 7 64 bit and now it's not working.

I did a fresh install of ETO and PTO, following the instructions as closely and to the letter as I could. It's a big change to go from using the TrackIR to not being able to =(

Plus it stumps me too: why on the same win 7 64 bit machine, OFF, cfs3 itself, and MAW work fine with the trackIR, but ETO and PTO wouldn't! =(

again, if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be appreciated.

atoll1
August 31st, 2010, 09:13
Yes, it was working for me in XP until I upgraded to win 7 64 bit and now it's not working.

I did a fresh install of ETO and PTO, following the instructions as closely and to the letter as I could. It's a big change to go from using the TrackIR to not being able to =(

Plus it stumps me too: why on the same win 7 64 bit machine, OFF, cfs3 itself, and MAW work fine with the trackIR, but ETO and PTO wouldn't! =(

again, if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be appreciated.

Is no one else having this issue...?

Steven190
August 31st, 2010, 12:16
I run Windows 7 64 bit and have no issue with my Tracker IR 5

Make sure that in the Tracker menu that you have selected the right type of input, clip or pro

This is the only thing that I can think of, especially when it work with other CFS3 type installs, they all use the same exe.

Let us know

atoll1
September 1st, 2010, 10:07
Yes, I have made sure that the correct input is selected. >sigh< It is working in the other cfs3 installs, all except ETO and PTO. As much as I'm dreading it, a reinstall might be the last thing to do. Thanks for your replies - I appreciate it

Steven190
September 1st, 2010, 14:51
Have you tried the right click on the CFS3.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

I know it maybe a redunent question, but worth another try. For some reason it is not recognizing the exe, which is strange because it works with the others. Have you replace the CFS3 exe from the original install, copy and paste it into the games that don't work?

atoll1
September 2nd, 2010, 14:06
Have you tried the right click on the CFS3.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

I know it maybe a redunent question, but worth another try. For some reason it is not recognizing the exe, which is strange because it works with the others. Have you replace the CFS3 exe from the original install, copy and paste it into the games that don't work?

Yes, I tried Run as Admin, but
I didn't try that 2nd suggestion...ok, from what I understand, I should try replacing the cfs3.exe from the original to the ETO/PTO installs right? Good...something to try other than a full reinstall!:jump:

Steven190
September 2nd, 2010, 14:42
That is correct just copy and paste the working exe into the effected games.

Let us know

Good Luck

atoll1
September 4th, 2010, 09:21
That is correct just copy and paste the working exe into the effected games.

Let us know

Good Luck

To help anyone else getting this odd thing, it worked! Thanks for all your suggestions!:jump: