August 24th, 2010, 09:37
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=85

:jump:

Also from the website -

ABOUT C208B GRAND CARAVAN FSX FLIGHT DYNAMICS

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P>
</O:P>
<O:P></O:P>

(http://www.carenado.com/pages/fdC208Bfsx.htm#)Flight dynamics and real behavior of C208B Grand Caravan have been tested by three C208B real pilots.

Being a very versatile aircraft, the C208B was tested in several conditions, different weathers and different types of airfields. Putting special attention in every aspect of flight such as: takeoff, climb, cruise, descend, landing, taxi and fuel consumption.

After several months of testing, Carenado C208B flight dynamics have been approved by all our pilots.

Captain Daniel Díaz M.

Captain Díaz has more than 2000 hours in a real C208B. He flies daily in a regional airline in many different conditions and into different types of fields.

"As a C208B Grand Caravan real pilot, I can certify Carenado C208B is a loyal representation of the actual aircraft. Flight dynamics are very accurate, aircraft handling is very close to reality and the visual representation is excellent. This is a truly representation of a rock solid work horse!"

http://www.carenado.com/pages/C208B%20GC/1280X960/21.jpg

monk1
August 24th, 2010, 09:42
Anyone try it yet? Interesting certification about the flight dynamics.

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 09:51
Downloading now - been checking their site all day - Well spotted :salute:

Aviator32
August 24th, 2010, 09:58
You're a braver (and richer) man than me Gajit. I'm curious about the 'Customizable panel for controlling seat configuration' - I'm hoping this means I can remove all but the pilot and co-pilot seats and have a big empty space behind me

:jeep0a:

monk1
August 24th, 2010, 10:14
I think I'll pick it up later today. Maybe we'll get some early reports up here soon.

Warrant
August 24th, 2010, 10:29
Very nice bird. Is Carenado going to sell via other vendors (e.g. a place that accepts payPal instead of credit cards)?

CG_1976
August 24th, 2010, 10:30
:salute:Charge!! Shopping time and Ice time

spotlope
August 24th, 2010, 10:33
Very nice bird. Is Carenado going to sell via other vendors (e.g. a place that accepts payPal instead of credit cards)?

I think they sell on SimMarket, and maybe through some other venues as well. I have no idea how long it takes to get new products into third-party vendor's hands, however.

ryanbatc
August 24th, 2010, 10:35
Repaint Request Time!!!

lol

This aircraft used to be owned by Jeno Paulucci (maker of Totinos and jeno's pizza rolls)

The aircraft is a local at the airport where I work. They now use it for camping trips/fishing trips up to Canada and such.

It's not a 208B, and they do have it with floats sometimes, but I'd love to have the paint scheme if possible...

Photo:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/155485.jpg

Photo I took (more recent without the logos on tail)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/7jp.jpg

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 10:38
wow its great.

You can even select 2 different seat layouts and whether you have vc glass reflections or not.

And also select to have baggage pod or not.

And the little side window opens

Just cant get the undercarrage to raise!! :ernae:

monk1
August 24th, 2010, 10:43
wow its great.

You can even select 2 different seat layouts and whether you have vc glass reflections or not.

And also select to have baggage pod or not.

Just cant get the undercarrage to raise!! :ernae:

Excellent. How are the dynamics gajit?

ryanbatc
August 24th, 2010, 10:48
I haven't got it yet, maybe a little weary about the FDE.

Which brings me to my next comment:

I'm guilty of this as anyone: but How many of us have actually flown a C208B? Or a F33? Or a C185 on floats??? I admit I was one to complain with the Seneca but I have ZERO twin time. maybe the real one does behave like their initial release....

I guess the best us non-rated guys can do is read manuals and performance data and see if they match the sim (we all know it isn't 100% possible anyway)

Oh, how is the weather radar? It looks very pink? Is it just a dummy texture or functional?

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 10:49
Not taken off yet - so much to play with!!

Lionheart
August 24th, 2010, 10:57
Once awesome model.

Those guys at Carenado just get better and better....

Bill

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 11:00
Im airborne - pitch is a bit "carenado" - never flown a real bird that noses up and down like a boat - but a bit of trim has sorted it for now.

Auto pilot is working impressively.

spotlope
August 24th, 2010, 11:04
I haven't got it yet, maybe a little weary about the FDE.

Which brings me to my next comment:

I'm guilty of this as anyone: but How many of us have actually flown a C208B? Or a F33? Or a C185 on floats??? I admit I was one to complain with the Seneca but I have ZERO twin time. maybe the real one does behave like their initial release....

I guess the best us non-rated guys can do is read manuals and performance data and see if they match the sim (we all know it isn't 100% possible anyway)

Oh, how is the weather radar? It looks very pink? Is it just a dummy texture or functional?

The weather radar is supposed to be functional. There's even a whole manual just for it.

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 11:59
This sounds great - especially like the spooling of the engine.

Manual starting was as you would expect - just follow check list.

Having flown now from airfield nr sea level I have not had previously reported pitching.

spotlope
August 24th, 2010, 12:27
I've done a start from cold and dark (those startup sounds are pretty nice), takeoff, and a bit of low-level flying around 3000'. What's the secret to nudging the airspeed up over 80KIAS? My flaps are retracted, torque near the redline, and RPMs high, yet in straight and level I can't get it to go much faster than a Cub. The cruise speed is supposed to be around 140 knots, but I can barely get half that. Anyone else have better luck?

Cirrus N210MS
August 24th, 2010, 13:02
i would Love to paint her only thing is right now i dont have the funds to get it

too bad that paint job would be easy to do lol:salute:

gradyhappyg
August 24th, 2010, 13:03
Well I had to go and do it.
Was gonna wait for the float version but.
I will have some splainin to do unless I can get to the bank statement first.
As usual nice bird from Caranado.

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 13:06
I've done a start from cold and dark (those startup sounds are pretty nice), takeoff, and a bit of low-level flying around 3000'. What's the secret to nudging the airspeed up over 80KIAS? My flaps are retracted, torque near the redline, and RPMs high, yet in straight and level I can't get it to go much faster than a Cub. The cruise speed is supposed to be around 140 knots, but I can barely get half that. Anyone else have better luck?

Did you alter the prop?

spotlope
August 24th, 2010, 13:44
Did you alter the prop?

I tried pulling it back to lower RPMs, but no setting made any appreciable difference.

doublecool
August 24th, 2010, 15:06
Man she looks fine. With a amphibian version I'm all over this...
Fingers crossed:jump:

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 15:37
I agree - amphibian would be a great addition :jump:

Bushpounder
August 24th, 2010, 17:32
I read there are no windowless versions. :( I was really hoping for that! Gotta haul cargo!

Don

Ark
August 24th, 2010, 18:49
I read there are no windowless versions. :( I was really hoping for that! Gotta haul cargo!

Don

Judging by the C185 release, I would imagine a float version and/or Super Cargomaster version will be released sooner or later.

skyhawka4m
August 24th, 2010, 19:45
I love it....best $35.00 I've spent so far. A wonderful flyer, lots of nice little goodies, and she sits on the ground perfectly. Only thing I don't like is when the plane is parked all plugged up...the pilot stays.

Looking forward to some awesome paints for this bird.

spotlope
August 24th, 2010, 20:51
I just posted a mini-review on their forums: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/294124-caravan-two-big-thumbs-up/

Anneke
August 24th, 2010, 22:15
Hi there,

Is there any functionality 'turbinewise/systemwise' as compared to the default Caravan?

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 22:46
Hi

The engine is well replicated. It starts as per real turbines i have flown (PC-12 not Caravan) and spools etc very convincingly.

gajit
August 24th, 2010, 23:12
I just posted a mini-review on their forums: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/294124-caravan-two-big-thumbs-up/

A fair review.

I bet someone from OzX will be the first to repaint this.

expat
August 25th, 2010, 00:17
Did someone say somewhere that an amphib version is going to be done?

Always thought the shorter, Caravan I, 208(non-B) on floats was the charasmatic model in the bunch. (NB: the FS default Caravan on floats uses the longer 208B model but I have yet to see one IRL).

The proportions of Caravan I to me are better and always liked the lines of the tinted wrap around windscreen - something prior to now was not really modelled too well - perhaps with the exception of the one Henry Tomkewicz did for FS9 AI.

monk1
August 25th, 2010, 12:57

I'm getting higher cruise speeds than that, although there have been some concerns posted at avsim that the cruise speed is too low. Guess we'll have to wait for some 208 pilots to chime in and let us know what it should be for this configuration. But overall another beautiful Carenado product. 35 bucks well spent.

skyhawka4m
August 25th, 2010, 13:33
I'm getting about 128 cruise in mine. I love this plane and can't wait for repaints. Agreed....this $35 is well worth the money.

gajit
August 25th, 2010, 13:44
I have started a simple repaint but am struggling with the alphas - oh how i hate alphas.

It would help to have a proper paintkit

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-15.jpg

Fireball6
August 25th, 2010, 14:59
Hi gajit - you can export the alpha`s from the original white textures - i have done it already, let me know if i should send them to you.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

WAD3
August 25th, 2010, 17:11
How about just that white one. I always like just a plain white paint job.

Andrew

gajit
August 25th, 2010, 23:45
Hi gajit - you can export the alpha`s from the original white textures - i have done it already, let me know if i should send them to you.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Hi Dirk

Its odd as I have applied the alphas but they are dull - I will play around a bit more to help my understanding but might take up your offer later!!

Thanks

GJ

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 04:57
Just installed can't wait to try it!

gajit
August 26th, 2010, 05:09
How about just that white one. I always like just a plain white paint job.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Yes the N208AD is plain so should look good once I have coloured the baggage thing -pod!

gajit
August 26th, 2010, 06:49
Simple repaint available here..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4t66f9fnq40pws/Carenado%20Grand%20Caravan%20repaint%20N208AD.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-17.jpg

spotlope
August 26th, 2010, 07:31
I'm knocking together a Kenmore Air repaint for those PNW flights. Shouldn't take me more than a day or two - I just need to find some fonts & logos.

gajit
August 26th, 2010, 07:32
I'm knocking together a Kenmore Air repaint for those PNW flights. Shouldn't take me more than a day or two - I just need to find some fonts & logos.

Great - looking forward to it :salute:

WAD3
August 26th, 2010, 09:10
Thanks Gajit. No208AD flying from 7s3 to the newly released WA79 as I write this.

Thanks
Andrew

gajit
August 26th, 2010, 09:25
Cheers Andrew - happy landings :ernae:

Aviator32
August 26th, 2010, 12:15
Very nice video here for those still on the fence -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQQM4aucLM

dvj
August 26th, 2010, 12:19
Well I took the plunge and bought this just a week after I got the Captn' Sim 707. Now I am broke. Carenado exterior modeling is excellent, but the interior seems a little flat to me. It needs something, not sure what. As others have noted the audio needs a boost, but I made a few audio card EQ adjustments and it sounds fuller. Can't seem to open the co-pilot, passenger/cargo doors though the menu. Static plugs do not appear. Looks great w/o the pod.

Flying is easy. 130 knots no problem. Careful below 80 knots, the nose falls right over on approach. Dooh! Read the manual!

Overall a nice addition to the collection, but that Captain Sim 707 is the most beautiful thing I've flown in FSX so far and will be going back to that shortly. Eating rice for the rest of the month.

d

spotlope
August 26th, 2010, 20:18
I just posted my first Caravan repaint on my blog. It's a Kenmore Air model, perfect for PNW sightseeing. http://iblueyonder.com/Freeware/

SADT
August 26th, 2010, 22:02
This might just push me over the edge............. :jump:

It seriously looks far more sexy than the default Caravan, and the VC looks to be a step up from previous Carenado releases.

gajit
August 26th, 2010, 23:29
I just posted my first Caravan repaint on my blog. It's a Kenmore Air model, perfect for PNW sightseeing. http://iblueyonder.com/Freeware/

Thats excellent (especially as there is no paintkit) well done :salute:

Fireball6
August 27th, 2010, 02:32
Very good work, thanks for sharing that with us :applause:

Dirk

spotlope
August 27th, 2010, 06:30
Thats excellent (especially as there is no paintkit) well done :salute: Paintkits? We don't need no stinkin' paintkits. Thanks, Gajit.

gajit
August 27th, 2010, 08:02
Paintkits? We don't need no stinkin' paintkits. Thanks, Gajit.

LOL - not with your skill but with mine i need all the help i can get :jump:

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 12:30
Horrendous frames, why did they change it to 2048 textures just spoils it, if people want hi rez textures then release a free addon pack with them just spoils it for the rest of us who can't even convert the textures to a lower size because of there stupid compression format, so bloody frustrating! :censored: :banghead:

gajit
August 27th, 2010, 13:11
Horrendous frames, why did they change it to 2048 textures just spoils it, if people want hi rez textures then release a free addon pack with them just spoils it for the rest of us who can't even convert the textures to a lower size because of there stupid compression format, so bloody frustrating! :censored: :banghead:

Hi peter - i agree but found that by changing the pixel sizes in the Panel config it improved the fps. Its still not as super fluid as previous products

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 13:13
To be honest mate I'm having to change all the textures in all the folders to 32bit then rescale them in Gimp2 to 1024 then change them all back to dxt5 because it just won't run! right pain in the arse but if I want to fly it then this is what I must do! but please do me favour mate and do any repaints in 1024 scale please!! haha! :salute:

Scratch
August 27th, 2010, 16:00
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/caravan2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/caravan1.jpg

I have a new installation of FSX and Acceleration and have never had this problem before. The throttle also does not work.

strykerpsg
August 27th, 2010, 16:26

Bill, any chance of either you or Gajit doing an all black'ish gray one, think SOCOM/Afghanistan type operations............would be kinda cool, with just enough markings to make it seem, uh, non-descript. I actually think the Iraqi Air Force is flying these as well.

spotlope
August 27th, 2010, 16:47
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/caravan2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/caravan1.jpg

I have a new installation of FSX and Acceleration and have never had this problem before. The throttle also does not work.

Scratch, have you tried the highmemfix=1 entry in your fsx.cfg? That's supposed to eliminate these sorts of problems. I find them when there's a missing texture in the model, and when the video card is over-driven. While there might be a missing texture in this case, it's much more likely that all those HD textures are straining your video card. Do a search on the Avsim FSX forum for highmemfix and you'll see how to use it and where to put it.

spotlope
August 27th, 2010, 16:48
Bill, any chance of either you or Gajit doing an all black'ish gray one, think SOCOM/Afghanistan type operations............would be kinda cool, with just enough markings to make it seem, uh, non-descript. I actually think the Iraqi Air Force is flying these as well.

Got a link to a sample pic?

Scratch
August 27th, 2010, 17:42
Scratch, have you tried the highmemfix=1 entry in your fsx.cfg? That's supposed to eliminate these sorts of problems. I find them when there's a missing texture in the model, and when the video card is over-driven. While there might be a missing texture in this case, it's much more likely that all those HD textures are straining your video card. Do a search on the Avsim FSX forum for highmemfix and you'll see how to use it and where to put it.

Yup, I've tried all of those and have re downloaded it from Carenado and reinstalled it twice. No other a/c I have are affected except for not having any shiny aluminum textures on any of them.

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 18:19
I know what! Your base texstures are missing, redownload and try again. Show me your Caravan folder please!

Scratch
August 27th, 2010, 19:36
I know what! Your base texstures are missing, redownload and try again. Show me your Caravan folder please!

Base texture folder is in there with 32 files in it.

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 19:50
What's it called mate 32 textures sounds right so why isn't it showing, there all dx10 optimised so all I can think of is that your missing some the trottle problem I've had not with this bird but with aircraft I've had in the past uninstall reinstall if that fails show me the results bud! I'm not part of carenado but I do try to help mates!

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 19:55
Actually show me the folder with all texture folders mate I bet I know what the problem is!

Scratch
August 27th, 2010, 20:00
Thanks for the help Pete. I really started having problems after the last REX update so I think I'll just uninstall everything and start from scratch. I did manage to get my aluminum textures back though.

Ark
August 27th, 2010, 20:20
That looks like a Shaders issue, Scratch. Sort of what happened when I messed with that silly Shaders 3.0 mod. Ugh....

kilo delta
August 28th, 2010, 05:05
Haven't got the Caravan yet...but would really appreciate if someone could paint this one..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/4931445373/in/set-72157624814516776/

The "Red Rocket".
In the meantime...I'm going to set about trying to get my FSX working again! :d

FAC257
August 28th, 2010, 06:40
Does this change the meaning of "Tubeliner"? :)

FAC

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 08:29
Actually show me the folder with all texture folders mate I bet I know what the problem is!

What's the best way to take a screenshot of that? I've never done it before.

Sundog
August 28th, 2010, 08:40
What's the best way to take a screenshot of that? I've never done it before.

I just use print screen right on the keyboard to do that. Then just open whatever you use to edit screen shots, PS, PSP, GiMP, MS Paint; you get the idea. Then just past it (Ctrl + V) and save it as a jpeg to upload here.

Of course, you can always just "select, cut, and paste" the area in the image that just shows the open folder after you paste the original image, unless you want us to see what awesome wall paper you have on your desktop. ;)

strykerpsg
August 28th, 2010, 08:55
Got a link to a sample pic?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Iraqi_Air_Force_C-208.jpg/800px-Iraqi_Air_Force_C-208.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Iraqi_Air_Force_C-208.jpg)

Here's a pic of the Iraqi one. It's fitted with IR detectors/counter measures and has the capability to mount Hellfire missles, as well as optics for surveillance. I am trying to find one used by the SOCOM community. I know I have seen one. More to follow.

Matt

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 09:01

strykerpsg
August 28th, 2010, 09:02
Here's another, though showing the darker gray tone. I cannot find the USAF one and perhaps they never had one, aside from getting it flown from CONUS to Iraq. Anyway, still a great looking military paint, in my opinion. If there were only a way to put on the FLIR/EO turret and have an display in the pit too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P40mRVMRjWo/Rm2OunIYAhI/AAAAAAAAACE/0QC2R1FTDYg/s1600/DSC00086.JPG

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 09:03

I hope this is good enough.

peter12213
August 28th, 2010, 14:23
Scratch everthing that should be there is mate, seems like nothing is wrong with that as said above it looks to be a shaders problem, I would email Carenado and ask them if they've encountered anything like this during beta tests! Best of luck resolving it mate, sorry I couldn't help more!

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 14:32
Scratch everthing that should be there is mate, seems like nothing is wrong with that as said above it looks to be a shaders problem, I would email Carenado and ask them if they've encountered anything like this during beta tests! Best of luck resolving it mate, sorry I couldn't help more!

Thanks for the help Pete! I have never had this problem from Carenado and I own almost everything they have produced thus far. I will contact them and see what help they can give me.

peter12213
August 28th, 2010, 14:35
Yeah same here mate I also own everthing from carenado and have never seen or heard of this problem mate, it has me stumped as to what can be causing it!:salute:

FAC257
August 28th, 2010, 14:40
One of the guys over in the Carenado Forum at Avsim is reporting a partial invisible texture problem similar to this.

Last time I checked I don't think there was a real answer yet.

FAC

spotlope
August 28th, 2010, 15:13
This is way out there on a limb, but one of the effects Carenado said might happen if you disabled their weather radar was missing textures like this in the VC. I wonder if there's some chance that the weather radar didn't get installed properly or validated on your system? Like I said, this is probably barking up the wrong tree, but you might check to see if the Wx radar has a "trusted" entry in your FSX.cfg.

imn2sims
August 28th, 2010, 16:31
This is way out there on a limb, but one of the effects Carenado said might happen if you disabled their weather radar was missing textures like this in the VC. I wonder if there's some chance that the weather radar didn't get installed properly or validated on your system? Like I said, this is probably barking up the wrong tree, but you might check to see if the Wx radar has a "trusted" entry in your FSX.cfg.

I think you may be on the right track. I just purchased the plane today and when I was validating all the gauge files it seemed like ther was an unusually long delay and then FSX went back to the "free flight" first page and I had to re-select the Caravan. After that it seemed to load OK and it looked great from both outside and inside views. I took off and climbed out and set the auto pilot so I could "explore" the cabin. I turned on the GPS and the WX radar and all seemed fine.....until I went to the external view....almost half of the external textures were invisible. Went back inside and all the internal textures were fine. I shut down FSX and restarted and since then, about 2hrs of flying, everything is just fine. Weird, but maybe this will help track it down.

Steve

imn2sims
August 28th, 2010, 17:09
Just wanted to add my thoughts after 2-3 hrs. in the Caravan. Now I'm not a RLP or anything so I won't attempt to comment on the "realism of the flight model", but I have flown a LOT of different aircraft since starting "simming" on the very first MSFS back in the 80's (God I'm old):birthday2:birthday2:birthday2:birthday2:birth day2:birthday2 so I do have some credibilty I hope. I've also flown RC aircraft since the 70's so I have some feel for how actual aircraft tend to behave.

Visually It's right up there with the best (A2A Thunderbolt and B17 come to mind) so no gripe there from me. Flight model, so far like I've heard others say "It just feels right" nothing weird or unexpected. The one thing I found was it seemed slightly "pitchy" (that's technical jargon) as I was flaring on approach. I will investigate this further as it might be a controller issue. Systems wise, although I haven't gone very deep, everything but one seems to work for me. That one is the AVSS. I've been on a Carenado kick lately so I have their latest Bonanza that has this same gauge and it works per the manual (although that's not the way it works IRL). However, I can't get it to change from altitude mode to ascend/descend mode on the Caravan. Documentation is very well done graphically and I like the way it can be called up in the VC. I will say however, I wish it went more in-depth into the "care and feeding" of the power plant. Price wise, I think it's reasonable. I mean, it's just what you've come to expect from Carenado isn't it. You know, not leading edge by any means but far above some other vendors offerings at the same price level. Hope this helps some of you who are still on the fence. Now off to look for some Re-paints :wavey:

Steve

SADT
August 28th, 2010, 21:35
Hi,

Just purchased this, and I am amazed! :icon_eek: Detail abounds, even under wing lights! i do have one niggle. Even in the worst rain, icing, turbulence and thunderstorms, the Wxr shows a blank screen. I have turned it on, past the standby and test mode (On the active mode) And - guess what - no weather. I have tried tilting the display up and down, but nothing. And the display is working i.e. range marks show and i can get the test screen show as well as standby, but when I turn it to the main mode, i get range marks and tilt indications, but no weather.:confused:

spotlope
August 28th, 2010, 22:28
Hi,

Just purchased this, and I am amazed! :icon_eek: Detail abounds, even under wing lights! i do have one niggle. Even in the worst rain, icing, turbulence and thunderstorms, the Wxr shows a blank screen. I have turned it on, past the standby and test mode (On the active mode) And - guess what - no weather. I have tried tilting the display up and down, but nothing. And the display is working i.e. range marks show and i can get the test screen show as well as standby, but when I turn it to the main mode, i get range marks and tilt indications, but no weather.:confused:

You're not alone, Craig. I've had it work on a number of occasions, but there seem to be times when it's just blank, even in fairly heavy clouds. Then for some reason, it'll come back to life and show the weather again. This seems like something they'll probably need to address at some point.

SADT
August 28th, 2010, 22:31
Thanks Bill,

Oh well, the Wxr was one of the biggest draw cards. Anyway, lets hope Carenados legendary support DOESNT live up to reputation.

Aviator32
August 28th, 2010, 22:54
I'm getting extremely long loading times at the aircraft selection screen once I've chosen the Caravan. I also had the invisible skin problem when I viewed the aircraft from outside when I first got it. As an experiment I renamed the WX_Gauge.dll and the loading time was instant but then I had the same invisible problems as Scratch on the interior views so I renamed the WX file back again. There's definately something up with that weather gauge I think.

edit - Looks like it has been officially noted now - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/294210-weather-radar-and-window-control-errors/

imn2sims
August 29th, 2010, 12:19
Yep, after another hour or so playing around I agree there's something FUBAR with the WxR. It's very erratic in it's behavior like sometimes dispaying fine, other times no clouds appearing and sometimes just doing nothing and causing the textures to disappear. I also experience the looooong loading times but I though that was because fo the HD resolution, guess not huh.

Also in my post above I mentioned the AVSS not changing modes. After tinkering around some more I found that it does work but the clickspot is not on the push button like it is on the Bonanza. It's a little off to the left and lower. Let's just hope Carenado is listening and we get some fixes. I'm getting ready to take her up again and see if any other gremlins appear. Still, all in all, I don't regret my purchase and I believe they will get it fixed. Also I'm hoping for some great liveries to start appearing, so if anyone knows of any I would really appreciate a heads up.

Steve

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 12:23
Steve - look at aussiex.org - there are 2 repaints from Frank Cooper available.

KR

Dirk

imn2sims
August 29th, 2010, 12:25
Steve - look at aussiex.org - there are 2 repaints from Frank Cooper available.

KR

Dirk

WOW, that was faaast.....Thanks Dirk.

Steve

imn2sims
August 30th, 2010, 12:50
OK, so I'm cruising along and decide to flip on the AP and hit ALT button which works as expected. Now I decide to bank to the left....wait a minute, no aileron control! I check to see if I had accidently chosen HDG and I didn't. Hmmm....OK, I take it out of ALT hold and still no aileron OR elevator...YIKES, this is starting to get scary (remember I'm pretending to be in an actual Caravan loaded with passengers :icon_eek:. Luckily I don't panic, I simply turn off the AP and everything is good again...PHEW. After hand flying the rest of the flight and sending all the passengers on their way, I started doubting myself as to if this was normal AP behavior. Luckily, since I'm very rich (remember, I'm pretending) and since my F33A Bonanza was just sitting there, I took her up for a quick flight. Got up to a nice safe altitude and flipped on the AP and hit ALT. As expected she leveled out. Now a little aileron and over she goes nicely holding her altitude. Ahh....I wasn't crazy after all. Next, I turned on HDG and as expected she locked on to the present heading. OK, time for the final test, turned off ALT and HDG and I had full control again, remember now, the AP unit is still turned on just nothing selected. Guess I'll have to get my maintenance people people to check out the AP in the Caravan before my next charter.

OK, I got carried away there :icon_lol: but basically what I'm saying is just turning the AP unit on should not evoke any of the actual functions, right? Well, in the Caravan just turning the AP on seems to evoke ALT and HDG and turning those off does nothing to return control to the pilot, you have to actually turn the AP unit off to regain control. Have any of you noticed this.....or was it all just a bad dream :sleep:

Steve