PDA

View Full Version : 19 ways to get this into MAW...

ndicki
August 24th, 2010, 09:25
And this is one of them. By the time the K-4 became operational, the Luftwaffe had pulled out of Italy completely, leaving the air defence of the north to the ANR alone. So if you want to see a Karl in MAW, it has to be one of the 19 delivered to the ANR.

This one is W.Nr 330209 - if you go to this site: http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/

and look in the gallery of Bf109k-4 photos, first page, bottom row, on the right, you'll see it wearing its German delivery colours and Werk Nummer sprayed on the rear fuselage. It appears not to have served with the Luftwaffe, as the absence of individual number forward of the fuselage cross suggests.

You may be a bit surprised by the rather bright green I've used, though. Purely artistic licence, as nothing in the photo allows you to make the slightest concrete assumption about the actual colours used. This is RLM 83 Lichtgruen, one of two shades of green (the other being the more common RLM 82 Dunkelgruen) authorised for use in combination with RLM 81 Braunviolett, as here. I like it, in any case!

HouseHobbit
August 24th, 2010, 12:44
YES!! YES!!! YES!!
This is great!.. I shall have to start thinking about all of the other eastern front and itallian stuff, as soon as I get the first eastern front package out.. BRAVO Nigel..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

alain95
August 24th, 2010, 23:53
Bellissimo !

:applause: :applause: :applause:

ndicki
August 25th, 2010, 02:58
Uploaded - with surprise Easter egg included!

Led Zeppelin
August 26th, 2010, 03:46
didn't know the ANR recieved some K4's

ndicki
August 26th, 2010, 05:45
19 in all. That's actually not bad, seeing as they also received G-10s too. They were even going to be the first foreign users of the Me262.

SixGhost
August 26th, 2010, 08:20
They were even going to be the first foreign users of the Me262.

Not so true, a bunch of pilots were sent to Germany to train for the Me163 but by the time they completed the basic training with different kind of gliders, the project failed. So they were sent back to Italy to fight with traditional planes.:wavey:

The 262 in Italian colours is a legend hard to die.

ndicki
August 26th, 2010, 08:48
Well, I'm not going to kill it!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=7246

The process was not implemented, but it's still a distinct possibility if the war had continued long enough.

I'd be interested to know more about the Me163 project, though.

Led Zeppelin
August 26th, 2010, 10:56
I found the Easter egg! :wiggle::jump:

ndicki
August 26th, 2010, 11:09
Lucky lad!