PDA

View Full Version : Aersoft/IRIS F-16's

skyhawka4m
August 24th, 2010, 08:07
I have a question. I've been doing alot of flying of these birds and I've noticed what feels like very shallow turn radius. Is there something I'm missing to turn on or off for my flight to get more response from my flight controls?

Thanks!

Merlin216
August 24th, 2010, 09:08
I dont think I have ever heard of a switch for something like that. I could be wrong, but I think the only switch that effects flight controls is on the Iris to enable more rudder while in flight.

IanP
August 24th, 2010, 09:27
Many moons ago, there was a training video called "Art of the Kill" that came with Falcon 3.0, if I remember correctly. I still have it somewhere.

One of the things I remember from it is that the F-16 has a best turning rate at 420KIAS. What happens if you try and turn them at around that speed?

I don't have the Aerosoft, only the Iris/666 model, but I've never noticed any problems with turning it.

Ian P.

AndyE1976
August 24th, 2010, 10:23
I've not noticed any problems with the Aerosoft F16, except for exceeding the G-limit occassionally, but even within the G-limits the turn radius was fine and responsive.

I pretty much gave up on F4AF due to this - there seemed to be something very wrong with the energy loss in turns with that sim, but it could have just been me!

skyhawka4m
August 25th, 2010, 05:29
Hmmm.....well I for example tried to do a minimum radius airshow turn,......and it looks like about a 2 mile radius which to be is not exactly minimum radius. Oh well not sure whats wrong.....

jmig
August 25th, 2010, 10:11
Hmmm.....well I for example tried to do a minimum radius airshow turn,......and it looks like about a 2 mile radius which to be is not exactly minimum radius. Oh well not sure whats wrong.....

What airspeed were you flying?

I did some of the beta testing. One of the things I tested was the max G's loading and turn at different speeds. If you are supersonic you will be limited in G's. The max turn done at air shows is down at 8.5 to 9. Gs and about 420 or lower TAS.

I was able to pull 9 Gs in testing.

skyhawka4m
August 25th, 2010, 10:40
Well my issue isn't with the G load...its with the actual turning, the sharpness I guess is the word. I'll do another test flight using your 420 number.